1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.2.0 RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 31, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zsozsa

Zsozsa Member AMS2 Club Member

• Added binding entries for on board TC/ABS adjustment (Assignments > Vehicle).
    TC doesn't work this way. It just does nothing. :( Changing TC levels zero, low, high still works.

2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

It's not random, neither a single class car, like already hinted to you.
    Also the major containing info in the changelog is literally about polishing existing stuff in the game.

Could you provide more detail what further needs "a lot" of work in your opinion?

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. AlexBfromG

AlexBfromG Well-Known Member

just give us the Aston GT3/E from PC3 and the Oreca 07 from RF2. And cant believe Ginetta wouldnt be helpful to get their LMP1 in a sim.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. CrimsonEminence

Which car?

Have you set your aids to authentic? (There Low/High makes no difference)

5. Zsozsa

Zsozsa Member AMS2 Club Member

I've tested it with the Bimmer from GTE Class and the GT3 Porsche. Yes, aids were authentic. By my experience there is difference among TC off, low, and high settings even if the aids are autentic.

6. CrimsonEminence

It's an implementation of a different TC system now.
    If you can't see any throttle cut in the Telemetry HUD, then TC is not working for any reason. Would recommend to take a look at the green throttle bar there, to make sure.

7. Supermax

Supermax BANNED BANNED

déjà vu, or how to turn something really good into something really bad. whats that steering lock update for controller anyway. maybe someone can explain it to me.:mad:

8. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

See post #28,then you will understand it!

9. CrimsonEminence

When you use keyboard or gamepad, the game will decrease the default setup-steering-lock value.

10. Dady Cairo

Please no no,and when then as a DLC.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

@Zsozsa Are you binding the correct TC and ABS? You need the vehicle-tab. Not the Assists-tab. Also you need to drive a car that feautes ABS or/and TC

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Supermax

Supermax BANNED BANNED

forget it, seems as gamepad driver you have to ajust the steering sensitivity! nevermind something is way off.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2021
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

There is now a giant deadzone in the steering that I can't get rid of. This makes driving on a controller absolutely impossible.

EDIT: Tried setting every preset to "0 deadzone". Didn't work. You've got to fix this ASAP. Game is unplayable.

Input device: Dualshock 4.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2021
  14. Richirichi

Richirichi Member

Totally disagree with you here mate. The game needs polishing, no question, but there is so much more potential, content wise. Tracks: Monza; Sebring; Lausitzring etc. etc. Cars: expanding the current GT3 pack i.e., Audi; Bentley; Aston Martin; Ferrari; Lamborghini; Nissan (licenses pending of course); expanding Group C, & more. I have the feeling, we are at the early stage, of content development. What we don’t need is more classes; just expand what we have

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  15. CrimsonEminence

Do you also run 50 sensitivity setting for steering and throttle/brake (also controller damping off)? Have you tried starting the player profile on scratch by renaming the Automobilista 2 folder in windows documents for a test?

16. Dady Cairo

More customers,more money to spend on"licenses".Well will see in the future.:)

17. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

First question: Steering sensitivity does not influence the deadzone. It can only cause issues in relation to the ability of maximum turn-in (maybe also perceived turn-in, if set very low; I assure you that's not the case). Throttle and Brake sensitivity also do not influene the deadzone.
    Controller damping has nothing to do with the deadzone as well; that setting influences the speed of the movement - which is not the issue.

Deleting documents did reduce, but not eliminate the deadzone.

18. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I would take a dozen quirky 70s/80s cars each in their own little class over a single new GT3 car...

• Agree Agree x 12
  19. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

I use custom car setups with custom steering lock settings, I tested a few cars and driving with a Xbox 360 controller feels the same for me. For people who drive with default car setup the new default steering lock will feel different.
    Controller settings were reset after this latest update, make sure you reconfigure your controller with your preferred deadzone/sensitivity settings.
    For controller users the default steering lock in car setup is set to its lowest value. If you use lower steering sensitivity and higher speed sensitivity & damping they might need to increase steering lock in the car setup.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  20. CrimsonEminence

Steering sensitivity changes the curve of the steering input. I still have the impression, that it's somewhat adding a really dead center for controllers, and controller damping was strange and intransparent in workwise for me all the time...was also the case in pCars2 for me, when i fiddled with it on an Xbox 360 controller. That's why i asked....

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.