1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Tranzitive

Tranzitive New Member

This is exactly the same issue I had that I was talking about in Bug 1 of my post immediately above. I am on a RTX2060 6GB card. I was also running custom championship. Haven't actually had an issue in any other game mode with this texture issue.

2. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The workaround ATM is to exit the session after qualifying then go back in to do the race and the textures will be back to normal

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

Track & Layout Used: Outlon Park International
    Car Used: any
    Applicable Settings: any
    Report: Not a bug but rather an optimization issue: no matter the graphical settings used, there is a always a "stuttering" in the last corner of the circuit (turn 16, Lodge corner, see the red square in the below image). Maybe present in the other forms of the circuit as well (or in other parts of the circuit - as other forum participants said the same stuttering happens on turn 5 as well?)

1200px-Oulton_Park_Circuit_Map_2013.svg.png

Last edited: Aug 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  4. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The funny thing, in the first 10th second there is spray visible (without performance issue), then it disappears till the car comes closer to the track-cam.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

May or may not be reported yet
    Version:
    1.2.1.4 current main
    Track and Layout Used: Spielbergh 74 Online {maybe others. likely}
    Cars:GTe GT1
    Report Whilst monitoring during Q
    Switching cams cockpit/chase Camera stays in chase.

6. arpego

arpego Member

Track & Layout Used: any
    Car Used: GTE, GT3, most likely on porsches
    Applicable Settings: Broadcast or Monitoring modes, both online
    Report:
    We are facing a ugly visual bug on almost every transmission of our league that all cars keep shaking indefinitely, mostly the porsches on GTE and GT3 categories, but happens too on other cars less often. This happens on any track that we tested, and any camera, including onboard, which makes impossible to watch. That bug is very annoying for media content creators trying to promote this sim for its audience.

There are here a couples of examples:

@Heitor Facuri Cicoti there are more details at this thread:
    Carros Tremendo na transmissão

Last edited: Jul 30, 2021
    • Like Like x 11
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Victor Trindade

Victor Trindade New Member

This AMS 2 problem is really annoying. I participate in some races and invite friends and acquaintances to watch. But it's a total embarrassment, because during the races the cars go shivering around the track or stand shivering in the pits. Very ugly and strange that. One more problem to solve. Thanks.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Ariel Montero

Ariel Montero New Member

Es una pena que habiendo un gran trabajo de fondo y con coches tan lindos sigan estos problemas que empañan este gran simulador.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Ivan Jurković

Ivan Jurković Member

Sorry ignore this. Now I have watch gt4 race and obviously track in game is equal to latest state of the track. However I liked more version with astroturf in Les Combes :)

Last edited: Jul 30, 2021
  10. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

In the car setup screen > suspension tab > steering lock, the description at the bottom is incorrect, it talks about steering ratio, it should describe steering lock (how many degrees the front wheels of the car turn).

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  11. SeanMack77

SeanMack77 New Member

Great work on the 66 mini Reiza awsome that you are all listening

12. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think speaking about ratio is correct, but the description doesn't reflect the working correct.

"A higher Steering Ratio increases the amount of steering wheel movement needed" should be
    "A higher Steering Ratio decreases the amount of steering wheel movement needed"
    and
    "Decreasing the ratio will give more responsive steering, decreasing the amount....." must be
    "Increasing the ratio will give more responsive steering, decreasing the amount...."
    and
    the degrees unit designation isn't correct, it should be a value without unit designation

13. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Changing how many degrees the front wheels turn will change the car's steering ratio but that's not what the setting is about in AMS2 and that can confuse people. The steering lock setting in AMS2 changes how much the front wheels turn (eg: steering lock = 14 means the front wheels will turn 14 degrees, it doesn't affect how much the in-car steering wheel turns), lower setting = front wheel turns less and make steering less sensitive and vice-versa; so the description should say that.
    In PCars1/2 there's a steering ratio setting (eg: steering ratio = 20.0:1 means for every 20 degrees you turn the in-car steering wheel the front wheels of the car will turn 1 degree), higher setting makes steering less sensitive and vice-versa.

14. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Bug on the new 1.2.2 update. When creating a new custom championship you can't set the time for practice and qualifying, even if you set a time it defaults to the race start time and in session they start at the same time as the race.

15. Wild Cheese

Wild Cheese New Member

Version: 1.2.2.0 but same issue since the car was in the game
    Car Used: Mini JCW
    Applicable Settings: cockpit view
    Report: Audio click repeating every few seconds
    Steps to reproduce: Drive the Mini on track and among the sounds is a periodic short click. Could it be one of the audio samples doesn't have a smooth looping point?

16. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Version: 1.2.2.0
    Report: DualShock4 Gamepad has a deadzone of approximately 5-7, even if it is set to zero.
    Steps to reproduce: Just start the game, create a custom controller set with DS4 and move the left stick very slightly. The game does not register that movement. Which completely and utterly ruins the whole gameplay experience, by the way. Driving on a controller is hard, you need precision for that and the deadzone makes precision absolutely impossible. PLEASE fix this, this is the equivalent of the game giving me the middle finger every time I want to play, and it's driving me insane.

EDIT: I solved it. It's still a bug though. When I had told the game I wanted to use "custom controller", in the background it still ran the settings for "Xbox controller", which were different for some reason. Pretty nasty little gremlin, because it's very difficult to discover.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2021
  17. HeMuLiZ

HeMuLiZ New Member

Track & Layout Used: Jerez GP
    Car Used: Caterham Supersport
    Report: Incorrect results in multiplayer. I think the results for all the drivers will lock in when the winner drives to the finish line. So if you overtake second place after winner has finished, you are still third in results.
    Steps to reproduce: Just race in multiplayer.

• Like Like x 1
  18. ClickerSnapper

ClickerSnapper Car in the Avatar, Rimac Nevera.

I purchased the full title a few weeks ago from this posting, so some of these issues may have been reported or on the list to fix? However this is what I myself have discovered. I enjoy the title though! Making great strides!
    Track & Layout Used: (seems to happen in any track)
    Game version: 1.2.2.0.1753.avx
    Applicable Settings: all that apply here
    Report:
    1. Pit crew shaking during pits, Auto Start Engine in menu is off but cars auto start.
    2. When no repairs selected during pit... at times will perform a random repair ( time lost in the pit ), 3. New Porsche 911 RSR 1974 say's onboard brake bias available on car info screen b4 race, but when activated with assigned key, Pops up N/A (Not Available) does not work from the menu either, can only preset before race.
    4. Second page on in race menu if I hit down to many times the menu continues to rise on screen ( just have to restart game to reset )
    5. New Porsche 911 RSR 1974, the sudden rear end snap from nowhere during slow cornering without any extra wheel or throttle input seems odd to me too!
    Steps to reproduce: drive another 27 or so lap race.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Dannysf90

Dannysf90 New Member

Track & Layout Used: Any
    Car Used: Karting
    Report: my controller is unsupported in the racing,flydigi Vader 2,sims xbox 360
    Steps to reproduce: just start a race and you'll be desperate about that

hi developers,
    i'm a fan of automobilista2 in China, i have a flydigi vader 2 controller which simulates xbox 360 controller on my win10 pc. But it is not supported in the game. Wish you could add the support of flydigi vader2 in automobilista2 thanks a lot!
    Sincerely, Danny.

20. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

Track & Layout Used
    : any
    Car Used: Superkart
    Report: There is always a "damage sign" when you start with this vehicle. Also AI continues to be very bad in this kind of karts