1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.2.0 RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 31, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Great rally co-pilot :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Yeah even the new RSR has it, I feel it most on cold tyres, once they warm up it isn't as apparent. The AMS1 feeling though....drooling for that again.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

Trouble? Certainly don't have any trouble with it. If anything it seems more stable than I would expect, especially under heavy braking and initial lift off. The sudden rear end snap from nowhere during slow cornering without any extra wheel or throttle input seems odd to me, but its certainly not hard to drive and even quite fun.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. cnuk

cnuk New Member

Thanks for the reply BrunoB.
    Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately), my wheel has no software/driver. Consequently, there is nothing to tweak from that end. I've played around, and will continue to experiment with different rotations during calibration. By no means is it unplayable, but I get the feeling that the rate at which the wheels turn is greater towards the end of the steering wheel rotation even at what is supposed to be a sensitivity setting of 50% (supposedly the point at which steering is linear).
    I can see this while sitting in an open wheel car and observing the angle the wheels turn in relation to the rotation of the steering wheel.

5. David Peres

David Peres Active Member

Say what? I only tried the car because of your post, and what a surprise... it's good!

I love the M1 so much in Raceroom and was so happy when it was announced for AMS2, only to be disappointed because this classic car was more glued to the road (on throttle) than a modern GT3 car with traction control set to max. It was fun, in an arcade sort of way, sure, but it didn't drive anything like it was expected.

And now finally it seems Reiza fixed most of it's issues and the car finally oversteers on throttle application on corners, as it should, considering the power and lack of any modern electric aids.

So, thank you, because if not for your post I probably would have missed it's big improvements... and I would have given you 10 disagrees if I could :D

• Like Like x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. ClickerSnapper

ClickerSnapper Car in the Avatar, Rimac Nevera.

The sudden rear end snap from nowhere during slow cornering without any extra wheel or throttle input seems odd to me too!

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. TrigMan59

TrigMan59 Active Member

Me too, all my bindings to my Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer were blown out. I reset them all. However, now when I get in the car, the sterring wheel pulls hard to the left and I cannot steer the car at all! HELP - Reiza, you broke my working setup for AMS.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. TrigMan59

TrigMan59 Active Member

How do you calibrate your wheel in the game?

9. Supermax

Supermax BANNED BANNED

interesting, very interesting:rolleyes:

10. Ricardokil

Ricardokil Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Reiza, the name Stock car model 2021 is wrong in the menu, the Cruze headlights leds disappeared and when did you implement the push-to-pass lights?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Ettore

Went in to test the RSR at Cascais (the wrong layout ruined by FIA with the annoying hairpin) to see what this fuss is all about. Few things I learnt:
    • The car likes to be brought to the apex very early. Attempting to make the corner with a very late turn in and late apex will make your rear try to go around
    • A good way to give more bite to the to the front at turn in is to keep a tiny little bit of brakes until you basically hit the early apex
    • If you have done the above correctly you will spend most of the corner riding close to the inner kerb, your rear will not snap lose on you and now it's mostly about playing with the throttle to keep the car neutral. Too early on the throttle and you will get HUGE understeer, wait till the right moment and the car will power oversteer out of the corner in a very satisfactory way.
    • If you are in 2nd gear it's probably a good idea to delay a touch 100% gas application or otherwise short shift as beyond 6k you are going to get a lot of torque trying to snap your rear
    • To tune how much turn in oversteer you want you can play with the number of clutches: increased them to 8 just to test and the car is quite more stable but understeer on throttle if you don't manage correctly the gas midway through the corner and at exit will be easier. The car will accept later apexes though with more clutches. Possibly a more balanced setting could be 6?
    • Braking is very stable, especially after making rear spring even with front spring stiffness starting from baseline. Depending on how much turn in oversteer you like you could also want to take off a couple of clicks of rear rebound dampers. Possibly some a better combination of softer rear bumpers could be there (like 1 click of bump + 1 of rebound)
    In all it took me 4-5 laps to have the car warm which is definitely a factor, track and air temp in the 20s C and late in the run it started a very mild raining: that did not stop me from getting a 1:58:1 and botching the final attempt at the last corner when 0.65s faster.
    I basically stopped only when the fuel finished so probably some 20 minutes or so of action.
    For the records, I am definitely not an expert or a fan of 70s stuff and I only have a formula wheel so definitely not the best tool to drive a car from the 70s.

• Like Like x 7
    • Informative Informative x 3
  12. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

Doesn't match my finding unfortunately. It will kick out the rear with no additional inputs. No extra throttle, no extra steering.. nothing, just suddenly rear lets loose. I like tail happy cars. No issues driving any of them... this one is an unpredictable rear end in slow tight corners. It isnt catastophic by any degree , but its unexpected and no idea why it happens.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Ettore

Try adding a couple of clutches and going straight towards the kerb rather than making a well rounded turn in.. The rear will not snap.
    It does that when you give a lot of input before the apex...

• Like Like x 1
  14. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

Fair call, but Spa does have La Source and Bus Stop. I admit I did spin at Bus Stop, but found that getting my braking all done in a straight line and very gentle corner entry inputs worked OK. At the end of my session I could even get a bit aggressive on the throttle to exit. This was all of a 15 minute session though. I should have have more time tonight.

That's not so say there's no problem with low speed grip though I've seen issues in this area with many sims over the years.

15. ToMythTo

ToMythTo The Hero We Need But Not Deserved

Great addition to controller profiles. When will long press button support arrive? I remember it mentioned earlier.

16. sk8

sk8 Member

I don't think AMS2 will ever reach the handling fidelity of AMS 1 unfortunately.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

You don't think, that AMS2 will ever feel like AMS1, that's all and it's fine.

But making definitive statements about what contains more fidelity is highly opinion based after all and shouldn't be stated as a fact.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Just2Laps

Just2Laps Just2Laps - Racing is Fun

Hi dear Automobilista's !

Returned yesterday evening from a short holiday trip I was surprised to see the new update from REIZA to V1.2.2.0

Happy to get a new car, a new track and so on I could not wait to start and was a little bit shocked that after the update all of my control settings were gone including all key assignments and so on.
    Ok,not too big problem re-configuring and re-calibrating was done quick.

Next I tried out the new RSR 3.0 and again was shocked and surprised because I was really not able to control the car on the track. After some hours of testing a lot of configurations its now driveable but so hard to control like no other car in AMS2.
    Even while using all driving aids the car is nearly undrivable especially on narow tracks.
    I don't know if it is depending on the wheel type or on what else that this car is so hard to drive like no other car.
    I first feared that because the control settings were gone this affects all cars now, but no it's just the new RSR 3.0

I have seen also a lot of comments about this car here and some people are complaining too, others not about the drivability of the RSR.

Maybe we can checkout and compare configurations and setups to find out if the problems are hardware control type related.

You can see my complete hardware setup in the description of the following video which contains some aspects of V1.2.2.0
    Please feel free to share your config here or leave a comment on my video at Youtube.

Enjoy have fun and keep on racin' !

Just2Laps

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Mike Martik

Mike Martik New Member

Zero player in mp, nof fine

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. sk8

sk8 Member

Do you think AMS 2 has more handling fidelity than AMS1? If so, which car?

I do hope AMS 2 will surpass AMS1 one day but right now it's not even close for me.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.