1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.2.0 RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 31, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chonk

chonk Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm sure it will the dashes are already animated based on user input so...I'm sure it's just one of those things that will happen slowly over time.

2. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Finally someone saying that... I think people believe they are driving an electric train... There is nothing linear in the response of an engine to the butterfly linear opening opening...

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The funny thing is that people then come here complaining they can't drive modern GTs with the throttle... Like lifting the throttle is the magic trick for a GT3 to reach the apex and giving it more throttle is the magic way to power rotate the car out of a corner...

• Like Like x 1
  4. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

I was talking about the pedal application, at 50 (sensitivity) you can watch the OSD show throttle pedal travel and it is linear, it goes up exactly as you press (as it should) it but the way the car revs it isn't linear (again normal), when Tarmac Terrorist changed it to 100 the pedal was no longer linear but he made the engine rev more linear (not better as i used the wrong term). I was merely making an observation of someone's finding.

Around 6 minute mark he starts playing with sensitivity (lol, after rewatching, he sets it to 0 not 100)

Last edited: Aug 2, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

It's been mentioned/requested along with a couple of other additions. All we can do is wait and see matey..

6. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Did i hear Pouhon?:whistle:

7. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

hey man non of that sh!t talk here.. :p

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. David Peres

David Peres Active Member

Not only that, but the lap counter on the cockpit dash on some cars that have it is always stuck on lap 0. Hopefully this will bit fixed as well but it's not a priority for me.

9. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

My favourite is the odometer in the 570S that works but gets reset every time you get in the car. Someone call the fuzz. :eek:

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

Guys...the lower speed physics is off, i not having problem in handling brake trottle y bla bla, i drived old similar car in real world and is not a problem of this car only (check my posts..). A car do not slide like a piece of bacon at 30/40 khm with 0% trottle. Fine.., we adapt and prosper, but please act like "uh.. you need to learn to drive" is awkward.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. CrimsonEminence

Uhm the Odometers in the game should save your total distance driven of your whole profile lifetime. Sure you didn't just changed the livery?

12. CrimsonEminence

The RSR neither slides (crazy) at 40 Km/h here ingame. :confused:
    Are you driving your Vintage cars with original 70s Bias Ply tires? :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

I'm vintage, i not have vintage car. My first licence is year 1990. Not having much money i drived every piece of junk you can imaging. from precarius fiat , old alfa romeo 2000, ford, opel ,renault etc etc, many with destroyed tires, different tire on every wheel, no sospension...well, at this speed i cant remember sliding side to side in a corner like this. But it's me...

14. CrimsonEminence

The Carrera RSR is a piece of (at least tires) junk that has the engine in the rear. That's the thing.

Thing also is: I really don't have any unpredictable or weird slides at low speeds.

Really, i'm totally confused, why some people have it and some don't. (Not accusing anyone or assuming anything, i'm really interested in what's going on)

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Me neither. I also don't have the wandering on a straight that people have mentioned. I can even let the wheel go eg on the back straight at Donington and the car will go where I pointed it initially. All on stock setup that is. Maybe a FFB sensation, or some amount of oscillation in the wheel?

16. CrimsonEminence

I actually have it. (reasonably and not overly crazy) But i can also let go of the wheel on straights and my FFB is even prone to oscillations. :D

That's why i'm so confused about that topic.

• Like Like x 1
  17. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

Finally got around to driving the RSR. What a car!

It feels completely natural to me even though it is a crazy car. That is the best feeling in sim racing: to be in full control over a tricky car thanks to the FFB and tire model. I do get the rear out in a big way if I downshift to 1st gear at high revs. My recommendation is: don't. That's often a bad idea in older cars in my general sim experience. Nevermind this death trap that's an upgraded Copa Fusca.

Ok I won't actually state if it's accurate or not (no idea), but it makes sense within AMS2 when you consider bias ply tires vs radials etc.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

Not junk, collector items ;) Or at least they will be in ten years once we are all driving electric golf carts to 'save duh planet' and fossil fuels have been outlawed and people like you and me have been chased out of the village by a pitchfork waving mob by burning torchlight.. ahhh the irony I'll feel pondering their flaming torches as I wheelspin off up the road.. unless Im in the M car in which case I'll bog down, theyll pull me out and chop my head off as a village decoration. You see how serious it can get.. :whistle:
    Anyway, hijack over. You have the con..

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

ok boomer

(yes, part of the joke @Sunscreen )

Just to add my 2 cents: no wandering here, but I haven't looked for it either (which means it's not a "thing" for me at least). I did notice the gap in throttle response, but it didn't affect anything at Laguna Seca for me. However seems weird indeed, I hope it gets fixed.

20. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

Boomer? Kind of assuming Im an older white male shaking my fist at the sky? Fine. But Im not the one who will be playing a game with distinctly odd physics and an ai that is far from convincing..
    I'll be back in 6 months I guess, because Im finally done here. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.