1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMD FSR in AMS 2? Easy to implement!?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Erik Geelhuijzen, Jul 19, 2021.

1. Erik Geelhuijzen

Erik Geelhuijzen Member AMS2 Club Member

Recently AMD made their FSR implementation opensource (AMD FidelityFX - Super Resolution - GPUOpen).

I have read the documentation how to implement this technique in a game, seems pretty straightforward. But I'm no expert. Far from it.

Is Reiza already working on the implementation of this technique into AMS 2? Haven't read anything about this or maybe I've missed it. Would be great to achieve up to 40% FPS increase without a decrease in image quality.

After posting this I've found some threads on the subject. Mainly for use in vr. Sorry about the double post, but still interested in the status of the use of FSR in AMS 2.

• Like Like x 3
  2. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Following here in the hope Reiza make a comment in regards to this ;)
    AMD FSR SUPPORT

• Like Like x 1
  3. Tambe

Tambe Member

When it came out I searched the forum and found nothing, so I published my own thread, now I see that there are three, anyway.
    Well I found a solution to implement FSR in Steam, Unity and Unreal 4 games. This is only for openvr in principle. I leave you the link of the project on GitHub. but with this it did not work in AMS2 because it uses an old API, but someone from the ACC forum modified it and now if it works by putting it in the x64 folder, I leave the download link at the end of the post.

Proyect:
    GitHub - fholger/openvr_fsr: Add FidelityFX SuperResolution to SteamVR games

Archive:
    155.7 KB folder on MEGA

4. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Would this also help with Nvidia cards?

5. Tambe

Tambe Member

Yes, I use it with a GTX- 1060

6. Panzerlang

Panzerlang New Member