1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TS-PC Racer Ferrari 488 Edition - Not Working Properly after Patch

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by TrigMan59, Aug 2, 2021.

1. TrigMan59

TrigMan59 Active Member

Before this latest July 31st patch I had absolutely no problems using my TS-PC Racer Ferrari 488 Edition wheel and T-LCM Pedal set racing in AMS2 (I just league raced on 7/30/21). I read the posts here that you need to create a new control set. I get that. I did that and I also calibrated the wheel and pedals. At the end of the calibration it said the Steering Lock was set to 228 degrees. What?! When I get in any car and try to drive the wheel is frozen in place at 45 degrees to the right and won't move. Does anyone have a solution to help me fix this wheel problem? Please help!

2. ToMythTo

ToMythTo The Hero We Need But Not Deserved

Really a strange situation, I had problem with my ts-pc racer but it was in the calibration menu like it was not accepting inputs there, 0,. The solution was rebinding steering and pedals even though they show appropriate assignments.
    What is the situation in game? Is it really like set to 228?

• Like Like x 1
  3. TrigMan59

TrigMan59 Active Member

Thanks so much for the reply. I did create a new profile and re-binded the steering wheel and pedals. When I get in a car the wheel is centered and frozen in place. It’s made AMS2 completely unplayable for me. I gave up and went back to racing in AC and ACC which have never had any problems like this. I’m thinking Reiza needs to release a fix to correct this.

4. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

What rotation do you have the wheel set to in your Thrustmaster software?
    When you calibrate the wheel in AMS2, does it go to the full 100% in the 1st step?
    When it asks you to set the wheel at 90° angle, does the value shown match the one in your Thrustmaster software?

• Like Like x 1
  5. ToMythTo

ToMythTo The Hero We Need But Not Deserved

I get you there,it is a chance issue sometimes, that’s why I won’t open rf2 or r3e they weren’t quite happy with my wheel configuration. For examples one people it is acc that struggle the with rig configurations and for some it is ac or pc2.
    I always want developers to be aware of this situation and provide totally working software out of the box. But they are limited to drivers or api’s that wheel provides I guess. it is sometimes hit and miss issue to get your setup recognized by a sim. Maybe some other software messing things up nobody can know but in any case game should be able to diagnose and give useful feedback.

• Like Like x 1
  6. TrigMan59

TrigMan59 Active Member

Thanks so much for the reply. Here are my answers to your questions.

1. I setup my wheel and finally got it working exactly right in ACC with the help on an article on the Coach Dave Acadamy website:
    How to set up your Thrustmaster TSPC for ACC | Coach Dave Academy
    In that article he has you set the wheel rotation value to 900⁰ as this allows all cars in ACC to have a 1:1 visual rotation in-game with what you input to the wheel.

2. Yes, it goes all the way either clockwise and counter-clockwise

3. No, it says something like 228 degrees, not 900 as set in the TM software.

What would you recommend I do next? Please let me know, thanks again.

7. TrigMan59

TrigMan59 Active Member

Thanks so much for your feedback. I wonder if uninstalling AMS2 and reinstalling it would work? It worked just fine when I first installed when I purchased it during the Steam Summer Sale.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

And does it show 100% at the end of the rotation?

I'd try to turn the wheel in the 2nd calibration step until it shows 900° and then save that. Maybe the calibration is borked.

You could also try to set the wheel type to "Custom" instead of your wheel, then you have a blank slate and preconfigured settings cannot produce errors.

If nothing helps, deleting the documents\Automobilista 2 folder and/or reinstalling via Steam might be last resorts.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. TrigMan59

TrigMan59 Active Member

Thanks so much for your help and suggestions. I’ll give them all a try and let you know if anything works.

10. yakito

yakito New Member

I am in the same situation, I have tried everything. delete folder automobilista 2, uninstall game and reinstall it, I don't have ffb, and the assignments are out of control, I can't even calibrate the steering wheel ... any solution?

• Like Like x 1
  11. yakito

yakito New Member

just comment, that my base is the tspc, and the steering wheel right now I do not have the 488, I have the f1 mod.

12. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

Must be really frustrating for you guys, have you checked if you have the latest TM firmware installed. or maybe it may be worth just reinstall of all TM software. ?

• Like Like x 1
  13. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Sorry I dont have a Thrustmaster wheel - but as I understand this 90 degree part of the calib process then if 100% movement(full turn) in the menu is 900 degree then 90 degree cannot also be 900 degree.

ByTheWay: I cannot directly refer to calibr of my own wheel but also here is a difference between 100% turn and the 90 degree part.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. CorvusCorax

CorvusCorax Active Member AMS2 Club Member

No, the way it works is as follows (my real life example numbers for a T500RS that is set in the control panel to 1050 degrees):

It prompts the user to turn to full lock, the user does do this.
    It then prompts the user to turn back to centre and then to 90 degrees in either direction (the wording there is not the clearest and I think a considerable source of confusion).
    When the wheel is held at 90 degrees from centre, the calibrated number showing on screen is 1050 (+/- a bit because of course it is hard to judge where exactly 90 degrees is).

15. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I have made this point numerous times during the development of AMS2, and live in hope that Reiza will clarify the calibration process.

• Like Like x 1
  16. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

OK thanks - that sounds clear enough.
    Even for me :D
    The reason I asked is because on my wheel (SRW-S1) full movement is 360 degree - and then in the 90 degree part of calib when I turn the wheel about 1/4 of this(360/90=1/4) the menu shows 208.
    But I agree that this also gives me some slightly progressive steering.:whistle:

17. TrigMan59

TrigMan59 Active Member

I'm still working on finding a solution. I'll post one, if I can find one that works that is.

18. TrigMan59

TrigMan59 Active Member

Thanks for the suggestion. Yes, I checked and my wheels firmware and the software drivers are all up to date.

19. TrigMan59

TrigMan59 Active Member

The documentation for this game is sadly very lacking indeed!

20. TrigMan59

TrigMan59 Active Member

Hi everyone. Well, I finally got AMS2 to work with my TS-PC Racer wheel. Here's exactly what I did.

1. Go to Documents>Automobilista 2
    2. Deleted file ffb_custom_settings.txt
    3. Started AMS2
    5. Went to Options>Controls
    6. Created new User Control Preset
    7. Assign all wheel and pedal actions
    8. Click on Calibrate Wheel
    9. Went all the way clockwise to the end stop, clicked on Next
    10. Turned the wheel back counter clockwise until the number read 540 (also showed a Steering Range of 100)
    11. Click on Save
    12 Go to the Force Feedback tab
    13. Set as follows:
    Type - Default
    Gain - 65
    Low Force Boost - 25
    FX - 50
    Damping - 10
    Menu Spring Strength - 15
    14. Test it out in game

That's it. So far, so good. I hope this helps anyone else here with Thrustmaster FFB Wheel problems. Cheers!

Roger

• Like Like x 1