1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accuforce Direct Drive Wheel - Cannot Assign Steering

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by DJANGO, Apr 1, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

right click ams2 in steam, properties, force off inputs via steam. This helped me in some games where it wouldnt detect steering.

2. Juan Reinoso

Juan Reinoso Doctor SimRacing AMS2 Club Member

Remember to set Project Cars 2 on Shared Memory in system options in game to make SimCommander work properly

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Petrolhead

Petrolhead Member AMS2 Club Member

I have to say the frustration is an understatement for re as i am having the same problem and having read various threads both here and the PC2 forum i still cant get it to work. I suppose this is what happens when you create a new game from an old game, all the legacy problems port accross

• Like Like x 1
  4. ackman31@ yahoo.com

ackman31@ yahoo.com New Member AMS2 Club Member

Try turning off sim commander software and then going to setup...that’s how I get it to work.

5. Atsuki

Atsuki Member AMS2 Club Member

Many thanks! You saved me! The only tip I have for anyone facing this same issue is to reduce the max wheel rotation to something around 300º, it will becoming even easier to set up.

6. TrigMan59

TrigMan59 Active Member

I'm not understanding this comment at all. When I calibrate my wheel, it says turn all of the way clockwise or counter-clockwise and then click Next. When I do so and let go of the wheel, it does move at all (I have a TS-PC Racer Ferrari 488 Edition wheel). After clicking next, I turn the wheel in the opposite direction by 90 degrees as instructed. After that I click on OK and says my Steering Lock is set to 228 degrees! WTF!

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. TrigMan59

TrigMan59 Active Member

No this happens when gaming companies, such as Reiza, patch/update their software and clearly did NO regression testing whatsoever to see if their updates have any impact on existing software functionality. I've never had any problem like this with the patch updates for either AC or ACC. Maybe Reiza Studios should learn from the excellent example set by Kunos when rolling out untested bug infested patches! This is complete BS!!!

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Could someone explain to me what happens if you do NOT turn back - but push NEXT while the wheel is turned max left?
    Because that is what I did :whistle:

9. cnuk

cnuk New Member

I found out that if I quickly move, then release the controller inputs, the game will recognize them.

10. Eduardo Kissilevitch

Eduardo Kissilevitch New Member

Since the add of schemes I Cannot Assign Steering I have tried everything. I cannot use the game anymore.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2021
  11. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Set DOR to 90 degrees and then try to assign the steer. But seriously don't use such a big font because you want to draw attention.

12. neal

neal Active Member AMS2 Club Member

No wonder you're having a problem, that is not the instruction, try reading it again.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. TrigMan59

TrigMan59 Active Member

I figured out on my own, thanks.

14. José Llamas

José Llamas Member

I have the same problem. I disabled the Steam controls, verified integrity cache, deleted "savegame" folder, reinstalled the game..., and no solved yet. :(

Edit: Solved (in Help & Support thread).

Last edited: Feb 13, 2022