Additional things you'd like in AMS

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Saabjock, Oct 23, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Saabjock

Saabjock Member AMS2 Club Member

I love this sim.
    It amazes me, the level of improvement Reiza Studios was able to achieve with this title.
    I'm interested to know what else you guys would like to see in the current release of AMS.
    After looking I could only find one thing I really need from the current release.
    I'd like some kind of playback indicator reference for replays to allow 'marking' where exactly something occurred in the timeline.
    The playback buttons and (timeline bar)...which can be dragged to any spot for advancing a replay could use this feature.
    As it is now, you just don't have a point of reference for dragging the slider to exactly where on a replay an events occur.
    What's yours.....

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
  2. MarcG

MarcG Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

In order of preference and personal importance:

1 - FFB Clipping Tool; I'm really struggling to feel when I'm clipping too much without the aid of something to alert me. Make it "Auto" like in iRacing (brilliant addition) and it'd save messing about for too long so you can get on and race with each individual car quickly.

2 - Improved AI Defence behaviour; They're simply way too predictable which is ruining the offline portion for me somewhat, elsewhere they are very good to race against. (Plus fix the Warping ;) )

3 - eerr yeah that's about it, can't think of any other big stand out points at this moment in time :)

3. P*Funk

P*Funk Active Member

When it comes to AI one thing that would please me greatly, more than any other behavior change, is if they better responded to tire wear. They don't seem to much if at all making longer races against them follow an arc that turns AMS into Jarno Trulli Simulator 2016.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree that Reiza have done an amazing job. When thinking about improvements and additions I'm always careful to put them into an "achievable with current engine" basket, to differentiate them from "weather, HDR dynamic lighting, dynamic shadows, animations etc" that we'd all like.
    • FFB clipping tool (critical in my opinion)
    • Menu remembers last track when switching series
    • AI driving under roughly the same constraints as humans as regards tyre wear, collisions, gravel slowdowns, pitting
    • Better slipstreaming

5. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

64 bit, because seriously...
    Improved cut track detection that consider more variables rather than "touch here and u are done u little noob" or at least a reset, you shouldn't get 3 warnings in the first 10 minutes of the race and then get a penalty in the last lap of a 120 minutes race because of the warnings that happened last year lol

6. P*Funk

P*Funk Active Member

I don't have an issue with the cut track system. I think its among the best in all of sim racing. With respect to Will's point about long races it could simply be that for longer races the warnings refresh to a higher number after a given time, like in the second hour the system checks if you have fewer than 2 warnings remaining then increases them to 2 or something like that.

Personally the cut detection is pretty generous because it doesn't tend to punish you at all for offs that do not gain time. That's even better than what iRacing does.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It just didn't happen to you yet ;)

8. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

- Ghost Car, with the ability to race against laps selected in the Leaderboards
    - Working DeltaBar

9. Sascha Reynders

Sascha Reynders New Member AMS2 Club Member

5.1 (or higher) surround sound

10. Professionalsimracing.com

Professionalsimracing.com Active Member AMS2 Club Member

11. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

1 not another wishlist
    2 use of existing thread
    3 wait to Reiza17 to see wich of our wishes will be there
    4 have another wishlist for Reiza17