1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.2.0 RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 31, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Last edited: Aug 3, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. mdecker79

mdecker79 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I put my name up there as well. It's a fun car to drive and there is more in it that I just have to work on.

Steam name is different from forum
    Steam: Odie79

• Like Like x 3
  3. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

It's a pretty sharp time you posted there @ Imola, I couldn't manage sub-2min. last time 'round.
    One thing I have noticed is that no matter the setup, I'm easily a second quicker with "clutches" to 10 instead of 6, in the diff settings.
    If you break down the locking/unlocking behaviour in a graph, like you do, I suppose that would make little sense? Proof's in the pudding though, I will try again tomorrow.

• Like Like x 1
  4. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I think 10 is indeed quicker and sportier. But this isnt for imola per se. I just post times here so people can download the setups easily.

10 plates locks the coast so the idea was to allow some unlocking for hairpins tighter than tosa if needed.

they are designed for everybody and to be easily personalized with some minor changes to basic setup options.

But I appreciate the enthusiasm and support and turning this into a mini TT challenge lol. It was unexpected.

The build vid will be out on Friday. I will definitely show the diff behavior.

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

Literally saps all my free time since release... Together with the Procar.
    Something has changed... A miriad off small changes and improvements over time(I know this sentiment is not universally shared...) have led to an experience that is downright addictive.
    Last time I was struck this bad was with the release of the 488gte in rFactor 2.
    My single biggest piece of advice here, would be to give it 2nd, 3rd and 4th chances if you don't feel it outright. I didn't, and I'm glad I stuck with it a bit.
    The divisiveness about it has become a hallmark of this title, what can we do?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Honestly I think it is a very good car for those who want to really improve their driving skills: it requires some patience, some finesse and when used on tracks from the 70s it will leave you enough time between one corner and the other to prepare well for the braking, the line you want to follow in the subsequent section. The pace at which corners come to you is not that crazy...
    It just requires the proper mindset...
    A few things can be improved for sure. I would not mind a less abrupt behavior in certain slow corners but I am sure in the coming weeks the car will be honed to a great level like most of the content in AMS2 is nowadays.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

This is always my concern, I love a car upon release then public outcry and Reiza change the car into something less fun imo.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. 2ndLastJedi

It's been making me find more free time :whistle: sneaking in laps when I should be doing something else :eek:
    I surprisingly enjoyed Monaco a huge amount in this car :D

• Like Like x 3
  9. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

I get what you mean, but I drove all GT1s again yesterday. Solid solid solid. McLaren F1 was rather annoyingly understeery and weird on release and now it’s a thing of beauty. And GT4s are also now compelling. They seemed on the backburner for a long time compared to GT3.

Has any car tamed fundamentally in a while? Default setup changes such as the one the AMG GT3 got to its diff at least will make a big difference. It’s now less tame. But you can do that yourself to most cars.

One example I can think if is group A. Specifically the Merc. It was pretty crazy on release. But hoonable lets say. Probably in a broken way mind you. Before this last update it was tamed - and also broken tire-wise - well beyond my taste. That was sad. Now it finally feels like it’s back in the right ballpark, because you get throttle oversteer without instant one tire fire. It still gets one tire fire, but I suspect it has to do with the fixed low preload and blunt power ramp. Before it got it for tire load reasons that would’ve opened a more locking diff as well. Just very non-locking on power still. Adding clutches does only so much.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  10. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

I very much like the changes to the BMW M1. It drives like a late 70's cars now, with predictable and usefull power oversteer in the upper rpm range. Shifting down before a corner now makes sense. it is also not anymore magically glued to the tarmac in 1st gear, throttle control is now usefull.

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

Someone suggested Speilberg '74 with the RSR and they were spot on! Great combo. No really slow tight corners. I'd prefer a bit more tail happy under de-acceleration and braking, but all in all its a fun ride.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Pretty sure everyone appreciates your work Steel:)
    'Mini TT thing will roll on for a While I think and thats good, may even have more people learning revisiting track, as was last night online.

The cycle we see has long history, 1st thing I would say is "user end docs folder, (even RS recently has reinterated it may help , when they thought it was unnecessary for a while) reboot steam without starting game, then pc even more than once. Game seems to settle after 2 or 3 resets. oddities like assignments, auto/manual clutch /car behaviour then dissapear , this end. Then learn the cars at he appropriate track for it, also helps even cars in default can make TT top 10.

I agree to a percentage, there is of course the human 'novelty factor with all the build up and excitement, on release, but how many sims release a car that reqs no tweeks from day 1? longer term esp here they have all improved imo , camaro, etc, retro eventually and probably the longest wait by some way!!,
    Mcl etc etc --- + all the physics/tyres/track tweeks. ie If (and i dont) I had a problem with the 911 I would not take it out on a green track to have my first runs! yet selecting a rubbered track makes a huge difference esp to first few impression, tyre temps, summer track temps, etc Yet its so very easy to forget to change this option in game and make life easier for oneself (+pick summer) . The simulations here are imo very good and so many factors can affect cars behaviour perhaps more so than other sims to a degree esp when u just jump in and go.

Also try Outer Brasilia, a much underused fast track, Kayalami Historic, Both Interlagos Historics Livetrack wet dry wet ect work very well here
    many other Historics
    Had some great AI free online races last evening Kaya/Spiel/ etc 911 vs Group A super stuff.(Thanks to those here that joined) @LugNut @Supermax @Leynad @poopvile2 and new faces etc same cars combo this evening Hock Historic + other.
    EDIT real shame about damned Steam crash last race was promising to be a great 1

Last edited: Aug 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. Just2Laps

Just2Laps Just2Laps - Racing is Fun

Don't forget the Silverstone Historic track, it's also great to drive with the RSR.
    Try out combining the RSR with German Group A in a multiclass Race, they fit perfect together.

Have a great day and keep on racin' !
    Just2Laps

(Audio of this video is in german language)

• Like Like x 4
  14. 2ndLastJedi

I was very surprised how much fun (not) Monaco was in the 74 RSR.
    Join my time on the TT and enjoy the challenge. (I haven't found a recording solution for my triples, so this is all I have ATM, sorry for bad quality, just watch in a small windows :p

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Guillem Castro

Guillem Castro New Member

when they will release the developements update??

16. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

I imagine they're modeling Nigel Mansell's moustache for the 1994 CART season. Gotta give us a sneak peek and good first impression of the improved moustache model in the end of the month update.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Has anyone news when we get some news?
    I am so excited what are the next steps of development, what can be expected in future and so on.....
    And I need some new reading:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

That mustache alone has 75k polygons :D

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. John Manetti

John Manetti Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi guys,

in the variations of ABS and TC in the vehicle is it possible to assign an ENCODER? In this way each position of the contact of the steering wheel control defines the value from 1 to 10.
    Finally it would be nice if the ABS and TC steps from 1 to 10 can change their percentage (%) from the vehicle setup.

Last note, is it possible add also the engine mapping for encoder?

Thanks for your time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes I do have both mapped on endless rotary... I have not tried with 8-positions rotaries because I need 11 positions and also the endless rotaries can be activated keeping my hands on the steering wheel grips unlike the others, but I'm pretty sure they would work too

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.