1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.2.0 RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 31, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Manetti

John Manetti Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Sorry i explained myself badly. set with multi-position Switch, with Constant mode. 1,2,3,4 etc...
    So, have the same settings also in the vehicle

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

I don't know why I multiclassed them together immediately, perhaps I was wanting a German retro-racers field, but it's a match made in heaven. They are perfectly paced for each other.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Gasper Zupan

Gasper Zupan Member AMS2 Club Member

I added BMW M1 and Group C to RSR74 and Group A on Imola 1988, and it was insane fun. Bravo Reiza! And thank you, of course :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

Ahum... You mean "Nonaco" otherwise known as not Monaco...
    No-License-Naco, you name it!

You were killing it around there... Slideways all the way!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

There are no keybindings for that currently, only continuous rotary switches or buttons for up/down can be mapped, and the controller file is sadly encrypted.

6. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Pretty sure you can do that with a small trick: load your setup and before selecting driving put the knob on the position that your setup calls for. If you have configured the knob turning on one side as +1 and the other side as -1 everything should work just fine.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

Except one "small" issue though. Both rsr and the group a cars are slow off the start line..I hope Reiza will eventually find the time to fix it:cool:

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. John Manetti

Ok,
    so are you telling me that the Reiza team is limited by encrypted files?
    So even Adding engine mapping is impossible?

I thought the SMS team could give him more freedom to work.

9. John Manetti

thanks for your suggestion, I had the same intuition as you, the problem is that if you forget you have to pause and edit every time, as well as move one step at a time.

10. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

No, just that I tried to see in the controller file if the ABS and TC positions could be mapped in the file directly. Reiza will still be able to include those keybindungs if they choose to.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

I reckon they'll add those direct TC and ABS preset value keys eventually. TC has been an incremental project thus far. New underlying TC system. Adjusted slip calculation. From % to 1-10 steps. Fixing so the new system is actually used in all TC cars. And now ability to increase and decrease onboard. All the while making sure it works for everyone better than before making it even more complicated. Which it didn't always (changelog reflects this with that one fix).

I think the system works nicely now btw. TC churning away seems clearer to me with this update. And you don't need to have it at 9/10 to make any difference.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Yeah....
    All good overall but...

Where is my beloved dev roadmap????

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

My guess is we'll probably have another patch this weekend and the dev update to go along with it.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  14. Cheesenium

Cheesenium Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Can’t wait for next roadmap. Wonder what we will get, new manufacturer license?

• Like Like x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  15. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

This is what has been requested for TC/ABS/ECU..

In time I think we will have some more functionality.. For example I believe dual button commands has already been mentioned in the June roadmap.. I hope this also extends to multi-switches.

TC example:-

- TC 0-10 mapped in both directions +/- ***Implemented
    - Mappable to 12 step multi-switches for wheels and button boxes
    - Mappable to dual button commands ***mentioned
    - Displayed on the HUD with a permanent widget
    - Turn off the current pop up message system
    - Display adjustments on the ICM in real time if ICM becomes a permanent display option
    - Displayed on the vehicles LCD Dash for non HUD users ie. GT3
    - Removal of TC2 Off || Low || High override for Authentic users ***Low vs High removed

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Signal sent to SimHub also.

• Like Like x 5
  17. uelas77

uelas77 Member

yo to all, after passing the 1000hrs mark I thought to finally say somethin'... just put a TT time in Monaco (did yesterday some Salvador too), default settings and as usual had fun. You remind me of the Weekly Hotlap Challenge on Kunos forums, I used to participate sometimes... generally I don't TT a lot, but that sparked the interest and the spontaneous community building along with it.... and it was "just" a recurring message on the forum (with basic rules), with times posted afterwards.

The fact that @2ndLastJedi, just starting to put awesome TT laps and writing here about it, already "activated" some of us to put some times too and write back, to me is already somethin' good. But as Kazunori Yamauchi caught my attention time ago, despite its target is aimed at broader audience, with compromises even on the hardware, and 1 year delayed launch (born and developed with PS4, correct me if I'm wrong), it's not just how it handles and how much content u put in it, is how you deliver it. And I think that the community building along, is brought also by how you deliver your content, and if done good, benefits both of the side, developers and sim drivers. Remind of Driveclub? How it falled down quickly on that aspect, despite its aim? Going further back, I remind of how many people PGR3 made me know, and still I'm friend and speak with some of them, happened to me rarely on other similar titles.

Back to argument, if this TT challenge would be properly structured inside the sim, with also rotating tracks and cars for me would be great. And, as already stated various times, also having quick and endurance rotating MP playlists, it could engage much more users. And having a quick and deep info about every track and cars, having historical clues, photos and so on (I like a lot how Kazunori approached that aspect too), I think would add detail and engagement to the overall quality of AMS2, and helping us know more of the motorsport discipline, past and present.

So much curious and happy on how Reiza is delivering its next steps, keep up the good work!

Peace

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. uelas77

uelas77 Member

forgot to add this, when watching the replay at Monaco, the SMS banner on the right column. dunno if it was intended, but despite the past oddities, I'm grateful also to SMS for this awesome sim. cheers
    20210805110123_1.jpg

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. chonk

chonk Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I think the AI might still be a bit on the quick side around Bathurst. I tried quali with them set to 95 and the fastest times set were in the low 2.02s the fastest being a 2.02.04 That's about 1 second faster than they really should be. I know I can just drop their level lower but obviously that would then affect my ego and less importantly it would be nice if 100 was roughly equal to reality.

edit: I might be off in my estimation. Just saw that the race lap record for a GT3 was a 2.01.56 in 2016. I'll just have to drive faster. :cool:

Last edited: Aug 5, 2021
  20. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

After few hours of 74gt driving @monaco, still i think the low speed psy is off. Is gamepad related stuff? At low speed the residual momentum is too much, the friction is on and off. When is off the car still slide with very little force, we are in vacuum? :whistle:
    I can't explain better, is a sensation i have with varius car (ginettas, classic). Like a heavy liquid ball inside the car that is still pushing.
    Still, my TT in monaco is decent (for a gamepad);)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.