1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey Reiza How about some LB info?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by BrunoB, Aug 4, 2021.

1. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

If Reiza would just add some urgent date/time info in TT LBs - then we could see what update every laptime was set under.
    And suddenly it maybe wasnt so urgent to reset the LBs every second day :D

In Raceroom this is shown when you hover the mouse upon a laptime.
    Pretty simple and useable.;)

ByTheWay: But maybe its too hard to include in AMS2?

Raceroom_LB_Info_date_time.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Agree, it would be great to know when the time was set, what build said time was set on and what assists were used.

3. ToMythTo

ToMythTo The Hero We Need But Not Deserved

I think they have no web application developer there. This is a high quality feature and requested ages ago.
    AMS2 is fun, has nice handling, but without such things it is just drive and close game. Besides devs have no issue with that for now.

• Like Like x 1
  4. BrunoB

Sad and depressing - but I agree fully.
    Because lacking such urgent small and large parts does impact the feel of "depth" in the use of AMS2 :(

5. BrunoB

As OP then derailing "my own" thread is maybe not the smartest thing - but..
    But I have another point or critique against AMS2 I have been thinking about for some time.

Teaser
    1. Its something I consider pretty "arcadish" in AMS2.
    2. I also consider it as one of the destroying aspects of a more "professional" competitivness in AMS2.
    3. And personally I can also feel it has a negative impact on my urge of investing energy and time in creating custom car setups.

OK. Enough teasing.
    Its the complete gamish legacy from pCars 2 that if you participate on TT LBs then you are forced to publish your best and maybe most advanced setups.
    Hehe publish to both your LB competitors - but also to more random gamers who moan all the time because they dont want to use their oh so precious time understanding how to set up a virtual car.:rolleyes:

ByTheWay: Im pretty sure that even if AMS2 in some infinite future was able to get rid of most of its tons of irritating bugs and quirks - then it will NEVER be one of the more professional used E-Sports racing sims on the net.
    Hehe because I know from iRacing that the last thing serious pro drivers want is to be forced to publish their used setups.:cool:

6. turtleCZ

turtleCZ Active Member

Like your cars drive differently without it? :D I think it's a good feature but many other things are more important. And even without it it could be great game. As a new feature it's a great idea.

• Like Like x 1
  7. BrunoB

Hehe but using yours criteria then there is a lot of things that dont influence the cars driving.
    Like the former bug where the car was driving just as good even when it had lost 3 of the 4 wheels. :p
    But my point is that its difficult to keep respect and entusiasm for a racing game where even the slighest odour of statistics and more advanced services is completely lacking.:whistle:

ByTheWay: I tried very hard to crash so hard in TT mode that my car lost all 4 wheels - but didnt succed. I only got rid of 3 :D

8. ramsay

ramsay Active Member

Sharing setups via TT is perfectly fine imho. I would even go to the lengths of being able to use ppl's setups in actual online races via sharing. The Iracing model of paying for setups i think is a scam in my view and typical of the whole ethos that surrounds that simulator. It's almost p2win and Iracing could easily make setups available to share online but where would someone make money from that?

Maybe sharing setups in races would remove the default setups in servers which don't necessarily make for closer racing. Ironically ppl want a simulator but then do not want to simulate certain aspects like setting up a car to your personal preferences and driving in real/variable conditions.

• Like Like x 2
  9. turtleCZ

turtleCZ Active Member

Yeah, I get it. From my perspective I don't care about many stuff because it's not possible. Every possible game I ever played was flawed. You mentioned some wheels. I can only say who cares :D No problem for me.

So you are right but that's not how real world works. You can drive a car there and it works. Good enough for me :D Does it simulate racing? Yes.

Interesting thing of last years is many people still want something. That's not how it works. 20 years ago we bought a game and it usually worked but nobody wrote real mail to devs for something. That's much more real approach to development. It's fine to ask but don't be surprised if nobody cares.

• Like Like x 1
  10. BrunoB

I dont agree with this - not just because I have another oppinion - but because I think you are wrong.
    Im sure that a lot of the things (bugs + lacking services) Reiza supposedly are working pretty hard to solve and add has become into the devs focus solely because users have complained about it.
    Therefore Reiza are forced to care!

And as another example where it is even more obvious then take iRacings in-famous tire model where both the author Dave Kaemmer and his most loyal disciple Dave Tucker has declared this TM fully completed several times - but because both several members, several RL drivers, several reviewers, several aborted members(like me) has criticised this infamous monstrosity - then Kaemmer & Company has needed to create even version 7 of this "thing".
    This shows iRacing are forced to care!

So...:whistle:

11. BrunoB

And your oppinion about this is perfectly ok - imho :D
    But my point is that this kind of forced offering setups to competitors is pretty "arcadish" because it does mainly support random users - but also because it is completely against the highly competitive atmosphere that at least in RL is the utter most foundation of motor racing.;)

ByTheWay: The paying for setups thing in iRacing is as I see it a monstrosity.:confused:

12. turtleCZ

turtleCZ Active Member

I could be wrong, no problem for me. The problem is most people are completely useless as feedback givers. If you don't have time, don't ask ALL people what they think. 90 % of it will be complete non-sense.

One solution is to not ask anybody - good solution. That was normal development in the past and it worked.

Another one is ask only filtered people like some betatesters but with real results. For instance, who cares what some beginner thinks? Maybe he wants rockets on GT4 cars. Great idea but hide it for yourself :D

It's not like we are all the same. So my only problem is asking ALL people.

13. BrunoB

Yeah you are right about this.
    We just have to see all the 1000+ complaints posts in the bug reports and not so severe issues threads.
    But at least I have an unqualified feeling that some of these critical posts does have some impact.
    But I also have some doubt ;)

• Like Like x 1