1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.2.0 RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 31, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

That's a crazy time! Being able to go from lock to lock with the flick of a thumb I guess is an advantage in some cases.

2. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The quality assurance / testing I assume you beta guys go through prior to release

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. 2ndLastJedi

Yeah, finding bugs and giving impressions. It's not our sim, we don't get to make decisions about structure or set up parameters and we certainly don't have access to the code to implement as we want. It's Reiza's baby and they release what they want when they want.
    We are Reiza backers, not beta testers, there is internal beta before it gets to us.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. F1Aussie

Ah okay, I thought as you guys had access to the beta forum you were all part of the testing and feedback process.

5. 2ndLastJedi

• Like Like x 1
  6. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

True

7. Cheesenium

Cheesenium Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I do like the SMS logo there. Kinda as a homage back to them for the engine and asset that Reiza polished to a shine.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. F1Aussie

Do any of you guys get issues with the weather changing too fast when you have time multipliers enabled? I used to run at X10 but wanted to appreciate sunset and sunrise more so have reduced the time to X5 but the weather changes are absurdly quick. I can go from full sun to rain in about half a lap and from a fully dry track to fully wet with standing water / puddles that cause aquaplaning in the space of about 3 corners.
    Surely I can't be the only one? I hope this is on the list for Reiza to fix and hopefully a fair way up the list too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Agreed

Agreed
    Porsche 1974 911. The accelerator pedal calibration seems incorrect for low revs. In the video its very hard/ impossible to hold ie 1500/2000 rpm or drive with low throttle, low speed accuracy. Reducing Throttle sensitivity will make a big difference and car can then be driven easily at low speeds and on/off throttle will be more accurate. (Ignore my deadzone setting for this test its not relevant) At default the voltage from pedal seems at lower movement to 'spike' from low to high resulting in rpm jumping to 3500/4000 rpm First test was to lower this to 10 sensitivity and this will allow revs to be held at ie 1500. 2000, 3000 rpm etc. This will affect driving this car to a degree dependant on your settings /Equipment

TEST with solution near end of video. (a setting of 10 is low, other settings will probably be better ie 35/40. 10 was just an example to illustrate.)
    More testing is required with individuals equipment and feedback as it will likely vary. Esp if one has trouble with the car. Other cars have not been tested for the pedal /rpm response but some may be suspect.

Considered requiring attention by devs for default of 50 setting is voltage spiky, like buggy. reported as such.
    EDIT
    Can be adjusted on track or out of session ie both, in pits., On track as in test video best bet for speedy f/back. start stationary/neutral and apply throttle gently and hold ie 1500 ,2000 rpm as though you were adjusting 'engine timing' with a strobe. If not possible then adjust sensitivity until any rpm can be held easily.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 5
    • Useful Useful x 2
  10. NoThrottleControl

NoThrottleControl New Member

It's keyboard and mouse via vjoy.:)

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. 2ndLastJedi

lol really? So SomeThrottleControl :p Great time mate. Have you got assist on?

12. NoThrottleControl

NoThrottleControl New Member

No. I think in time trial mode you can use only factory assists.

13. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

Next hybrid sports car released for public should come with keyboard and vjoy optional extra for the true track day enthusiast :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

Throttle sensitivity "10" to "15"-ish seems fine on the standard potted CSL's...
    Good find this, I'm gonna test with a variety of cars that I suspect suffer from this initial on/off characteristic.
    Imagine something this basic being overlooked for so long... First time I'm giving it thought.
    And I was blaming boost settings and diff woes for the stabbyness on corner exit, and my foot too.
    The '74 rsr is way nicer and smoother now.
    I think if Reiza adjust the default setting to "25" instead of 50, a lot is gained.
    Of course there might be the odd car that, in fact, has a really binary initial throttle response, and TC-equipped cars can overcome this somewhat, although a good amount of progressiveness is always better imo.

Buy yeah, super-useful observation... We have McClutch to thank for this?

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

That or there's something funky with multiple cars' lowest throttle inputs. I think the rest of the curve feels fine, but I agree that there are a few with this on/off feeling when it comes to the 1000-3000rpm region.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  16. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

yep, I can confirm with my CSW1 I have exact same behaviour. I put sensitivity to 25 which gave me better throttle control from 1000 to 4500 rpm. Not only that, but this seemed to eliminate the strange sudden rear end kicking out during slow tight bends which was my biggest complaint.

Now I’m suspicious of the brakes :D

• Like Like x 2
  17. 2ndLastJedi

Dont think so, @Tarmac Terrorist made this some months ago.
    Jump to around the 6 minute mark

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

It's good that you can do this. It's not realistic per se, as far as I know. But then we get to the whole discussion about input realism and it's all a big mess really :D. The main thing is that it's all controllable which the RSR's really low down inputs don't seem to be unless you use low sensitivity.

Question to anyone who knows: do they ever use throttle maps that help with drifting IRL? I assume that you can get whatever you want with electronic throttles.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

@TekNeil post prompted my test

informative and agree but this sounds strange so will check this end.

Sit and hold the RSR full throttle.
    Slowly release throttle to near zero input.
    The car is still revving its boll0cks off
    Agreed
    @TekNeil + credit to others inc @Tarmac Terrorist

Post was responsible for my testing.
    Whats important here imo is we take onboard observations made by others and rather than disagree or slate we test in a logical fashion to prove or disprove first.
    This is reported ( observation in 911 ) as bug with video evidence and simple to test. Devs will have noted and look into it. Thanks to those that have tested since postings
    Seems the voltage scale with low pedal movement interpreted by the sim software is 'off' (imo) a correct scaling, for this car. Other cars as I mentioned may be suspect, hence more testing by all of us if a car is suspect physics/handling/behaviour

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Is there anyone with actual evidence of the real-life RSR rpm response? Or just "it don't feel right"?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.