1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.2.0 RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 31, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

All of them... I tried "0", but that felt off to me, some of that on/off-ness was back.
    5 might do as well, you'll have to try for yourself.
    It's much more linear, instead of nothing-LOTS!-and only being able to modulate higher up in the rev-range.
    Of course we're not able to see a graphic depiction of how the input is reported in game, which doesn't help.

Edit; Hmmm, am I telling lies again? There's a throttle-bar in the HUD somewhere, no? I never, ever use any HUD so...

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Sampo

Sampo Member AMS2 Club Member

Doesn't lowering the throttle sensitivity change it towards an exponential curve and increasing it change towards a logarithmic one (when x is throttle appliance and y is result)? I might be very wrong about this.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2021
  3. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

I bug reported as stated in post same time with 1st video. (it is also in beta to RS direct tag with collected posts of relevance)
    General answer to users
    My testing and perception so far would indicate a benefit to possibly all vehicles tbc. More so the high powered without wizardy . so changing from car to car would imo not be req. setting at 18 would be my suggestion Today.. Leave it there, then try all your favorite cars
    report back.
    EDIT above 18 for retro/C9 etc not recommended unless you like a more beastly nature.
    @Sampo whatever the curve is, it is not a progressive car response to it. Pls try the test if you have not already.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Weather progression is linked to time progression as when you choose a time progression the weather progression is greyed out. So at X5 the weather changes much too fast, I reckon it is changing at the same speed as it does in X10.

5. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

When you move the multiplier of time the weather moves with it. So it obviously changes 5 times faster. I believe it depends also on what settings you use for the race. I did race at Daytona on 10x but weather change wasn't that excessively fast on real weather

6. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

I suspect the base rate for weather change is about 2x already. An "artistic" choice embedded in the Madness Engine to help show-off its capabilities. If it was realistic, a lot of the time there would be no noticeable effect unless we were running rare realistic-length races and even then often there is nothing happening.

If my suspicion is correct, then the multipliers for time will do exactly as you have described above and exacerbate the situation. But far from an expert on this, I never use time or weather acceleration! :)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

Great to see the videos (Yours and tarmacs), further testing and some agreeance from some that there's something not quite right. I mentioned the throttle issue not long after initial release but didn't get any response...
    And then a while ago once again which was prompted by the the addition of the BT44, that got a little notice but they were suggestions that everything seemed OK and that sims are just like that.
    I never compare to simulation though, I compare to real life.

As previously said and as you mentioned, it's not about 'game' mapping throttle 1:1 as far as being an input device (50% throttle = 50% RPM would be terribly wrong and should vary from car to car), it's more about the simulated fuel map which of course does use the aforementioned input.
    F1 cars can sing the national anthem by adjusting fuel/timing maps coinciding with air intake, they don't scream it, but they'd likely have to in AMS2 at the moment.

The older technology should obviously (In many cases) be less smooth regards RPM, but there should always be some form of response to throttle input, whether that's a lumpy RPM response or not. The V8 supercar is heading 'somewhere' in the right direction.
    Hopefully it will be addressed though. REIZA do seem to work through things.

I'll have to try the throttle sensitivity which sounds promising. I never tend to adjust too much, just brake balance/force and turning all assists off.

8. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

In the Telemety-Hud there is the Input bar.I tested brake & Throttle @ 50 sensivity like Crimson said,works fine so far.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Maser V6

At 50 default does your rpm jump or rise nice and progressively? Its as simple as that.
    Hud or any other display (apart from maybe in car rpm) is not the issue.
    Ears only req :) and a gentle right foot
    (post not aimed at anyone but general )..
    Im taking a break from all this now you'll all be glad to know,, its help some and thats something)
    meantime have fun.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2021
  10. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

@Maser V6
    Needs further testing,my default was 35 sens for brake and throttle "for my rim (TS-PC)".
    Tested 20,15,0 doesn't suit me..Yep,no display just my ears.:)

11. Maser V6

thanks for reply D. default game setting of 50 is the issue. at 50 =jump?
    35 sounds good as for others to similar eq :) (from my testing 30-35 will eliminate massive jump. car specific......18. for 100rpm increments all cars.my gear:))
    Thanks.
    may check back, just for a read.

12. Marc Collins

For those interested in the throttle mapping issues, please try the Lotus 23 (60's touring car class) at the default settings and let us know what you think.

I strongly suspect some vehicles (the troublesome ones being discussed) are WIP and having their torque curves and throttle mappings (internal) tweaked to ensure that these vehicles are not subject to the common criticism that they cannot be rotated with the throttle. The 23 is my example/sample to remind us that it is the game that needs adjusting not our hardware (though feel free to adjust hardware sensitivity in the short term to increase enjoyment of the game!).

Last edited: Aug 10, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. beltane21

beltane21 New Member

14. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

Guys, I am backing off

I'm tired of being abused as a paying beta tester.
    CU maybe next year when some bearing problems of AMS2 are solved.

Im back to "the other Sim" in the meantime.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Marc Collins

@beltane21 I think the only test we need is the test of patience. Not an easy one to pass ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

We will wait for you to be back when you will be tired to be abused as customer (probably without being part of any beta) on "the other Sim" :p

• Funny Funny x 3
  17. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Have fun! I recommend checking the front toe values in this sim, maybe you find something interesting from an engineering standpoint in terms of how unique negative values are. :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Be sure to drive some of the extremely realistic and not at all bouncy cars, such as the VW Jetta!

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

All cars I've tested so far, Lotus 23 included, have a sudden drop in the throttle curve (while gently decreasing rpm), I'm sure you can confirm.
    The big difference to others cars like 911 RSR is that Lotus 23 don't suffer unexpected rotation at low rpm even at 50 sensibility.
    Reiza's Lotus 23 don't have option to setup diff and I assume it's an open diff, while 911 RSR have LSD (only plates allowed).

20. Just2Laps

Just2Laps Just2Laps - Racing is Fun

Hi to all complaining about "driveabiltity" of AMS2 cars !

Well, driving a race car isn't easy at all. In reality and in sim life ! I think a lot of people are a little bit spoiled by other games and of course by other mainstream "Sim's" which are too easy to drive.

If you want to race close to realism you need to try a lot of setups that fits best to your driving style, to the car, to the track. Don't expect to have a perfect setup within 5 minutes.

Don't like that ? Ok, then you need to play Forza Motorsport, Grid and so on.

About the discussion for brake setup : I found out that a sensitivity between 25 and 35 is fitting best to most cars to avoid some unexpected RPM jumps.
    But maybe it's also depending what equipment, what kind of pedals you are using.

As said above, you need to be a little bit patient, try out a lot of setups until you find the
    perfect one for you, the car and the track.

Keep in mind that every car reacts in a different way depending on so many things, like road state, tyre wear, amount of fuel loaded, track temperature and so on !

A good thing to find out a perfect setup is racing in the most worse conditions.
    If you made it then you'll be able to adapt you car to every track and get good driveability.

I am always using Spa and historic weather from 01.01.1979 for reference.

See an example here with the Evo 2 :

• Disagree Disagree x 8
    • Agree Agree x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.