1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 NEW ver. 1.221 -When SimRacing Gameplay Surprises YOU! F V10 Gen 2 Cascais Alt. Race

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Ralonso, Aug 7, 2021.

1. Ralonso

Ralonso Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey, Everyone!

Today I experienced how the AMS 2 Gameplay can surprise you! Getting from Funny to NOT so funny! CHeck out what happend to me racing the A.I. at Cascais Alternate, Portugal! Enjoy!

From Ralonso

2. Troodon

Troodon Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Looks like this car doesn't have anti-stall. If you're standing still, the car will stall unless you're in neutral or have the clutch depressed. Having the gas pedal depressed when you're starting it up seems to be enough to get it moving, but only in 1st gear. 2nd will stall it based on testing.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Ralonso

Ok.. interesting! I will take notice of this, next time I get back to drive this car again! Thank you!

4. Dan44AFCB

Dan44AFCB Member AMS2 Club Member

You were stationary in the pits in 3rd gear. What did you expect. Try using a clutch or change to neutral....like real life. It is a sim, not F1 2021.

The only thing not funny is you trying to blame the game.

5. CorvusCorax

CorvusCorax Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Given that this specific car (and as far as I know only this car at present) has a known issue where the automatic clutch setting is ignored / doesn't work when enabled, perhaps that response was a little harsh :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dan44AFCB

Dan44AFCB Member AMS2 Club Member

Still doesn't warrent being in 3rd gear when trying to pull away.

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Lucas Vieira

Lucas Vieira Member

Every sim such ams 1, 2 , ac , acc, raceroom, rfactor, iracing etc etc etc, has the button to configure the ignition and start engine. As default you should check your configs to see if they are setted to prevent something like that happen. At least you will know how to correct if that happen again. =)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Off op topic, but I have to say i'm impressed with the visual tyre flex on corners from the camera angle used.

9. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Iirc the stalling issue happens with Formula V10 gen 1 & 2, McLaren MP12/4, and Formula V12. I know how to work around it with the clutch button, how to restart the engine, but imo if I have auto-clutch enabled in the options this should not happen.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I thought the engines automatically started in AC?

11. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Assetto Corsa 1 has indeed no engine ingnition/starter and pit limiter.
    You can't stall cars in this game, but you can fake a disabled engine by putting a gear in and stand still.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Ralonso

Hahaha ok, I'm always ready to learn from somebody who deos know it better! I am NOT intend to blame this "game" as you call it, I love AMS2, always did!
    By the way, in the meanwhile I have set up a button on my steering wheel to (re)start the engine...

Last edited: Aug 22, 2021
  13. Ralonso

In fact, so I did (in the meanwhile).

14. Ralonso

Thank you so much for this! In fact it was highly unexpected, like I said it in the video...I couldn't believe it!

15. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

The behaviour you are experiencing with stalling in formula cars came a few updates ago, it seemed like the autoclutch no longer prevented stalls, loads of people were getting caught out and having to set the start engine binding.

I switch to neutral before turning on the engine, then rev up a little and switch to 1st.

The better solution, as others have said, is not to stall, I've gotten used to it and now it only really happens to after a crash or if forget to put my H-pattern into neutral before race start! =P

Definitely frustrating the first time it happens, especially if it happens as it did to you.

• Like Like x 1