1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMS2: The ‘Not-a-Priority Things to Fix’ List

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by GregzVR, Apr 2, 2020.

Tags:
  1. twistking

twistking Member

please add year of production or years of "active service" to car info sheet. would make it just that little bit faster to put together a historically plausible multi-class field.

• Agree Agree x 6
  2. RNoctua

RNoctua New Member

The headlights are yellow color(halogen). It's strange for me to see a GT1 with white lights.

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. geekyhawkes

geekyhawkes Member

Can we have the start lights for Formula "1" style cars not show green but go out like the current FIA rules please?

4. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

Nothing against. But i would suggest, that we would need working pit lights first! :whistle:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. geekyhawkes

geekyhawkes Member

I recently got caught out racing as my pit box was occupied - can we have an option to "double stack" or some way to avoid the AI team mate taking the pitbox?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The ones we have now are color-blind-friendly, FIA lights are barely visable

7. Silvano

Silvano Active Member AMS2 Club Member

For me at the top of this list there is "auto start engine=yes/no" that NEVER worked and beside the idle sounds of AI in the pit are nervs killing, globaly idle are to loud. can i add also that sounds are not balanced between classes.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Silvano

I came across a strange thing that i would say is a slight mistake, at Donington the pit speed is at 60 on the panels (as i recall it is 60 in other sims) and actually we have 100 as we activate the pit limiter, who is right?
    i cant say if its for all the classes at 100, i was in the GT1 class, i will check this, but i have the feeling this is a per track value and has nothing to do with the class of cars.
    Maybe some of you guys or devs can give some light on this.

9. geekyhawkes

geekyhawkes Member

Please, please blue flags for AI! Got shoved off Silverstone at the weekend after 60 laps and it was just frustrating.

• Like Like x 1
  10. leggy2fast

leggy2fast Artist and amateur racer!

This one will look like the most nitpicky thing ever, but some modern cars use the old Michelin typographic font (the bold, non italicized-one) that was used only in previous versions of the French brand.

Sorry, just a graphic designer being very attentive to detail here haha

upload_2021-8-12_10-56-13.png

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Silvano

Another small incoherence i noted :

Campo Grande
    With "german group" pit lane speed is 100
    With "P1" it is at 60.

12. Alwin Papegaaij

Alwin Papegaaij Active Member

Isn't this due to the fact that these classes are from different era's?
    Pit lane speed has been decreased throughout the years.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I've probably mentioned this before, but a race the other day reminded me.

Can we get a separate class for the Ginetta G58? It's such a great car to drive, but it's not even close to competing with the MetalMuro's that have DRS. Either that or split the DRS capable cars into their own class. The P1 class really needs balanced because the performance spread between the slowest car and the fastest is massive.

14. TKracer

TKracer Member

I would love to save custom races. Right now I'm doing a custom championship with one race for a specific time, track, car era.

Making the custom championship boxes smaller would also help to fill the screen easier.

15. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

wrong post

Last edited: Aug 17, 2021
  16. Kevin del Campo

Kevin del Campo Active Member

Ive found a few cars dont have any interior lights on the wheelrims/button boxes when I turn the headlights on. Is this how they are irl or is it a bug maybe?

A few examples are the Porsche GTE, The McLaren GT3 and the Cadillac DPi but Im sure theres more.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Kevin del Campo

Kevin del Campo Active Member

Another bug I encounter in VR with the Cadillac DPi is a piece of material, ( I think it might be from my suit?) floating around in front of my face sometimes.
    I cant seem to get rid of it and its really distracting.

18. Jason Pladoh

Jason Pladoh Member

I would like to see separate damage icons for Engine and Gear box in the HUD, ie The Damage model could Lose a gear due to poor shifting, and still have engine power, making me drive around the Problem, thus continuing a race. Also a damaged engine does not seem to lose power, I would think there would be initial power loss, that steadily gets worse over the duration of a race.

This would add to the Immersion imo.

ta

J

• Like Like x 2
  19. TRCB

TRCB Active Member AMS2 Club Member

yes. This. I think if you were with AMS1 from the start you might know what year XXX GEN XXX means.. 1971-1973 etc.
    fwiw I have been using this site a bit to help for now, a alot of alt-tabbing but the info that should be in the ui, per car is actually here, years,steering wheel types, shifter types etc.
    Categories | Cars of AMS2

Id like to see a switch to disable the steering wheels in cars were they are forced on, like the F1's etc. Quite immersion breaking when you have a simbhub dash already (or a full display f1 wheel) and you trying to race with another fixed wheel in front of you. Would be nice if turning off arms and wheel actually did turn them off.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Silvano

Oh yes that could be it :)