1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Feature Request Thread...

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, Jul 3, 2020.

1. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Side mirrors for the open wheelers really need better adjustments to the angles.

upload_2021-8-7_21-25-44.png

Unfortunately I've no hope this will ever be fixed.

• Agree Agree x 11
  2. Silvano

Silvano Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree with @sgsfabiano, we wish to have options for moving side mirrors, and why not center mirror if it exist on a car.
    moving away from side of cars horizontaly and verticaly, the way it is now i cant see nothing even moving the seat.
    It would be nice to have that when batteling on the track.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

I agree it would be nice to have - but this moving the angle of the sidemirrors dont exist on any other racing game.
    At least I think so - right?

ByTheWay: But a more urgent request would (IMO) be to ask for a way to change the FOV of both virtual mirror and side mirrors in AMS2.
    And its not either-or.;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Wrong, iRacing allows mirror adjustment perfectly.

Allowing the user to adjust the side mirror angles would be great, but if that can't be done, at least the angles should actually point to the back and not to the sides as it is atm...

As I said, I've no hope this will ever be looked at, though. Apparently the majority of people enjoy the tiny virtual mirror or the look left-right-back buttons

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

rFactor2 does as well but, it's a bit clunky and prone to inconsistencies. On the other hand, head-movement in VR (rF2) does not correspond to view changes in side-mirrors either.

6. Sparviero

Sparviero Member

P1 version of the Sigma P1, just like the one that raced (and finished 4th) in the last round of Imperio Endurance Brasil. Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

(saxohare)
    It is a shame my game copies the settings from the last lobby joined and make them too the settings for the next lobby I host.
    Agreed and crucial imo current is a pain. when you inherit the others settings if they had no P set just q and r . when you set up and choose p it has default time of midnight (easy to miss ) it should be default midday. raised this over 12 months ago.

(Saxohare)
    template or the copy function disabled, so l will have the settings I want when starting a new quick lobby.

Agreed plus
    Request is this
    PC2 has favorite as option for session setup so 1 click works fine. roots of this should be in ams 2 and easy implement

Other thing I dislike is having to constant rename from default 'lobby' to yours. AMS2 could and should just retain all your last/and new lobby settings

Last edited: Aug 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Now that TCS and ABS settings are possible to able to be manipulated via steering wheel buttons, i thought of some more functions that can be manipulated irl but which isnt possible in AMS2 for some cars like the formula ultimate;

• Fuel Mixture (Can currently be changed in the ICM from Rich/Normal/Lean. Banned in F1 mid-2020 but the formula ultimate is representative of a 2019 F1 car)
    • Differential Settings (Preload, coast and ramp angles can all be manipulated on the wheel)
    • Engine Braking level
    • ERS deployment rate
    • ERS Regenerative rate
    • Boost button for formula ultimate for max ERS deployment.

I'm sure users of the Thrustmaster SF1000 wheelrim or the Fanatec Podium F1 wheelrim will be keen to see usage of the rotary dials authentically used in AMS2.

• Like Like x 1
  9. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This is desperately needed as some circuits are too long to use the keep from running out of ERS deployment. There is no way to efficiently use the ERS around the whole lap of Spa, but you can do it in RSS's Assetto Corsa mods. Maybe the Nordschliefe can get its own separate ERS usage allowance, but other tracks could better use ERS.

10. AtLeastNotLastGrid

AtLeastNotLastGrid New Member

Feature request: Historical weather for arbitrary location.

Currently, history weather depends on the track location.

Could you make it to set arbitrary location in the globe?

Something like using historic weather at New York for a race at Spa.
    Maybe we can do this with GPS coordinates input in the race setting.

11. ray64040

ray64040 Member AMS2 Club Member

Ability to rejoin multiplayer if disconnected and qualifying has ended or if joining during qualifying is not allowed.

My experience has been you can't rejoin. If you get disconnected you have the same restrictions as someone joining the session for the first time.

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. AtLeastNotLastGrid

AtLeastNotLastGrid New Member

Joining ongoing multiplayer session as a ghost car until the end of the session.
    This will help not to wait for the session to finish for the multiplayer and let users have immediate racing experience.

13. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

rF2, IRacing and modded AC allow for very customised mirror angles. AC even gives the option to see your own car in the mirrors. Thus is a great immersion feature.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

And sometime, left and right mirror are different, like with the Lotus 72E

15. iskelmaikel

iskelmaikel New Member

Based on Game Build: 1.2.2.0
    Request Title: Disable car reset
    Description: Currently it is impossible to disable the reset option in game lobbies causing players to reset their cars whenever they like to. Although this is fine in many cases, in more serious lobbies, (i.e. tournament lobbies) it's not always allowed and sometimes causes collisions when a player resets in front of another player
    Benefits: No longer an option to cheat using resets and causing accidental collisions terminally damaging all cars involved

16. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

Don't know if it has already been mentioned but the ability to "move" cockpit camera left and right (and also the ability for the game to save the new position of course).

This option should have been available from the beginning imho:whistle:;)

17. Julien Lemoine

Julien Lemoine New Member

Based on Game Build: 1.2.2.0
    Request Title: Result file
    Description: It would be cool to have a result file per session on the dedicated. This would be a simplification for the organisers
    Benefits: Certainly an improvement and therefore more organisations and therefore more multiplayer

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Track Idea: Velopark karting oval + kart layouts

I dont think any racing game has an oval for karts so this could be a novel feature of ams2.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Scoops

Scoops Member

rF2 has one but can’t for the life of me remember where? It’s not banked though.

Great fun, our league normally has a karting night around Christmas time when everyone doesn’t want to practice or take things too seriously after a drink or seven

20. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Buskerud Bash Pitch copy.jpg Sorry for the duplicate post, but just had this idea and thought it might be interesting. 0.001% chance it'll happen, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1