1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.2.0 RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 31, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

GT3/GTE are nice to drive in AMS2 but I'm more a fan of open-wheelers. Out of the cars I tried the ones I liked the most are F-V10 Gen2, F-V10 Gen1, F-Classic Gen3 Model2, and F3.
    For anyone who likes those classes feel free to PM me with your Steam name so we can add each other. I don't play online very often but if we see each other online maybe we can setup a quick 10-15 minute race or something.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

There's an AMSU FV10G2 series on Monday nights starting tonight on JustRace.net.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Gillish

Gillish Member

It's up to anyone to just start a weekly thing here...No one is stopping us. :) It's just a matter of gaining traction, getting people involved. Once it reaches a critical mass as 'The weekly Reiza Forums AMS2 TT Challenge' it would start a life of its own. So, who wants to give it a go? ;)

I know of some discords that do weekly/bi-weekly TT challenges but the participation rate is not always great. A central place like this forum might be a better place to start than a modestly-sized discord channel.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Supermax

Supermax BANNED BANNED

ha, you know, if i say, drives like crap, and it was way better before, its not about adding anything, its about asking, not to make it worse, what seems to be a tradition in this game.Some of you guys drive your car on default setup, and even the stability control and driving aids on, and are very proud of it:rolleyes:
    If you guys come up with "default throttle sensitivity" problems, you have never driven the SuperCar V8 ever. Since day one, anyone who drove this car is aware of this fact(2 years ago:))
    Instead of spending all your time on this kind of forums, and trying hard to be relevant, you should play the game. Take a good example of some devoted dudes out there, who are able to make most car feel good with a great setup( not talking about steelreserve(what a fraud:eek:)) There is no default setup in this game, who makes any sense.Of course you can pratice to master them, if that makes any sense to your simracing world:)

have a great day, fanboys

Last edited: Aug 16, 2021
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

Well, you got a point there, Sir!
    I just dicovered thet the default AMG GT3 now features -1.2° toe out... its getting a bit insane lately. What puzzles me most is that settign it to "my default" -0,1° makes hardly any difference in turn in and in front tyre degradation. 0° is the maximum "positive that AMS2 allows. so if I want to set the car up for better self aligning to help countersteering, AMS2 does not alow it. I wonder a bit if the self centering of the FFB is artificial, or really coming from the physics simulation.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

My own experience with setup tuning in AMS2 is that there is none of the setup params where one or two click up or down does much difference.
    Hehe maybe a bit controversial :p
    But the only place where one or two clicks actually does matter is in the differential.;)

ByTheWay: If you think that I just dont know anything about car setup then just check my positions on LBs. Hehe or check out one of my custom setups.:p

7. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think so as well. The key thing even before ranking is focusing users on regular events so that all those who are interested show up at the same time. Ranking could help keeping it more fair but not really in populating servers.

8. Ettore

Positive toe is not common in racing (polite way to say it is not used at all).
    If you don't believe it, go read what the DAS was doing on last year's F1 Merc...
    Positive toe is necessary in street cars because stability is what is being looked for. In racing instability is what is being looked for as opposed to making the car fast in the straight by reducing the toe out...
    Toe in is only used at the rear in racing because the rear is already made unstable differently and for different purposes... Plus the rear has traction application making it already unstable

• Like Like x 3
  9. Ettore

I will add a coded message for those who can read it... And have an open mind ;)
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

So you are "thinking like an engineer" and never heard of caster? Or King Pin Inclination...or even just gyroscopic forces. Alright folks. It's indeed getting a bit insane lately...

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

Fully agree! :)
    And look what we have now there.... :eek:

Ah well...we do have two girlies drivin' ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

Lets not forget gyroscopic precession.. thats quite an odd one. :whistle:

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Ettore

LOL and don't forget that in the contact patch, because of the hysteresis vertical forces are not longitudinally symmetrical compared to the center of the wheel hub. In the front tires that are not driven, they are slightly biased compared to the hub.
    Which also means that the lateral forces developed in the patch are not symmetrical but are biased too. So those forces push the tires with a resulting force that sits on one side of the hub thus generating one of the most significant components of the self aligning moment.
    @CrimsonEminence we are such fanboys :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. CrimsonEminence

I was even forgetting to mention pneumatic trail....

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ettore

• Like Like x 2
  16. CrimsonEminence

AMG GT3 -1.2° front toe could be still odd, tho. But you will not find a front geometry with positive front toe values on this car very surely.

17. Ettore

Feels a bit on the high side to me (maybe slightly too much on the high side TBH)... But still 0.2 to 0.8 are reasonable numbers typically.. May be wrong though

18. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

IKEA
    assembly instructions?:eek:

• Funny Funny x 4
  19. CrimsonEminence

IKEA speaks the same language, but is a way harder part of engineering, because you also have to improvise for the missing parts. "Manufacturing is the real challenge, design is easy" :whistle:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Hmmm. I am having deja-vu. Anyway, love ya too, Honey Bunny. <3

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.