1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suspicion: 3rd values for Stop & Damping

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by BrunoB, Aug 3, 2021.

1. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

While I was playing with the 3rd springs in the F-Reiza I suddenly got a suspicion that the shown Bump Stop and Damping in the middle of the menu does all cover 3rd parameters.
    Does anybody know if this is true?o_O

ByTheWay: I mean a few setup nerds must have played with these settings - while knowing what he/she is fiddling with :whistle:

2au-50.jpg

2. BrunoB

Ok after 2 weeks without any comment or answer to my question I take it as nobody have a clue.
    Even guys who are clever enough setup-wize to tell others how to setup AMS2´s cars.:whistle:

ByTheWay: As much as it is possible to prove this without any official comment from Reiza I think I have personally verified my suspicion.;)

3. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Active Member AMS2 Club Member

"the shown Bump Stop and Damping in the middle of the menu does all cover 3rd parameters.
    Does anybody know if this is true? "

Not really sure what the actual question here is, (because of the wording) but I can say that those set up functions in the center section do actually work on the cars that are equipped for them.

4. BrunoB

Thanks.
    The actual question here is - if the shown parameters are 3rd adjusters (complementing the 3rd spring).
    You can see the 3rd spring from RL here on the pic.
    The 3rd spring is the lower black one.
    But on the shown car its without dampers.
    But at least on other sims most 3rd springs also have complementing 3rd dampers - and thats the reason I think I have figured out that the shown unlabeled dampers in AMS2 is actually 3rd dampers.
    Is that clear enough? :)

3rd-adjusts.jpg

5. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, clear. Those Fr and RR center sections are for the 3rd springs, BS, and DMP's.
    Toe and ARB just happen to be included in there also.

6. BrunoB

Thanks.:)
    That Toe & ARB is also included in this centre section is quite logical - because its difficult to figure out a left Toe different from right Toe - and the same with a left ARB different from a right ARB :p.
    So these 2 parameters has nothing to do with 3rd parameters eventhough they are placed in the centre section of the menu.:cool:

But I still think that compared to both RL understandings and specially all other more advanced racing sims then these have all a label describing that this is 3rd Stop, 3rd Bump and 3rd Rebound because they are solely influencing Stop, Bump and Rebound in relation to Front/Rear 3rd Springs.

ByTheWay: And my personal conclusion is that the silence in this thread is because nobody have had a clue about this - until now.:D
    And now I guess that if there suddenly does pop up some comments then its comments saying that this has been common knowledge all the time - ofcourse :p