1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.2.0 RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 31, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

It was my impression that the emulated series is Imperio Endurance Brasil. This thread covers the differences between what the manufacturers can ship to a customer and what we see in AMS2. What Imperio does or doesn't require of its entrants before they hit the track is illusive through internet searches.

My Extended Car Info Spreadsheet..

2. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

That's such a helpful and insightful method of 'Reason' that you have there.
    "Drives like crap, don't make it worse" - Supermax 2021.
    [​IMG]

Completely missing the point about discovering, chatting about and digging into potential issues or areas that can possibly be improved, then going off topic and referring to in-game car setups. Absolutely nothing to do with the issue being discussed.
    And to then try and ridicule people about 'Setup' through your off topic self gratified little rant.

As far as your presumptuous and childish thinking regards fanboys, I'm actually far from it, as are many if not all posting here. They're enthusiasts of the game and that's why they're helping and at the very least posting constructive criticism. I've had, and got plenty of that for the game, whereas you're just here to criticise and tell people what they should think and do.
    [I'm done]

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I may be wrong, but my understanding was that Reiza GTs were based on Imperio's series in Brazil. That is why some things even in the GT3s were highly unusual (like carbon brakes disc which are not used in GT3 elsewhere). For this reason I said that we must be careful in taking what is in ACC (following SRO rules set) or Middle East or North American or even VLN and now DTM series as "rules" because they are not monolithic set of rules among themselves in the first place.
    The typical pattern for GT3/4 cars is to be designed based on FIA rules with max perfomance and adjustability as per FIA and then privateers (sometimes with the help of the manufacturers) bring them to the local specs and BoP.
    Let's not mix however rules set and BOP: they are two different things although obviously they have some intrinsically connected points. Also BoP is often changed by track or by bundle of tracks in real life, which you cannot do in AMS2 and in most of the sims as well. So there will be inevitable shortcomings in the general sim BoP.
    Then regarding your point about how much difference setups make: if your benchmark is GT4, obviously the answer is little because there is very little you are allowed to change and with very little adjustability. But that is hardly surprising considering the series was designed that way.
    I've been driving mostly classic/modern formulas and modern GTs/Protos and my experience is that setup changes the car a lot which is very critical for me to be able to drive.
    Not sure why or based on what feeling you say nothing changes... Actually AMS2 is for me at least, the sim where I experience the biggest changes in cars' behavior when I go into the garage and change something...
    The wiser guys using telemetry data also see changes, so I'm not sure why you are experiencing that...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

They're using steel now tho, just to prevent misconceptions.

5. Ettore

Yep.. That is why I used "were".. It was later all brought to IMSA standards if I understood correctly (or as close as reasonably possible)

6. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Endurance Brasil is still quite experimental. It was funny to see the AMG GT3 almost keeping up with the AJR in the past year or so, because it's so goddamn fast without restrictions. :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

This.

What we can do is ask for "unlocked" or unrestricted versions of some cars if they are so popular and we think people will want to run leagues or whatever with them. With the amount of series already in the game, I doubt Reiza is too excited about adding more, but they do listen to customer requests more than most. Perhaps do a poll on here as a first step to see how many people are interested in "factory" versions of some cars instead of the race series spec versions.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Adjustments of +/- 0.1 for camber and +/- 0.01 for toe has been previously requested. Let's wait and see..

- Unified all GT tire dimensions, rules & branding as per real regulations of the main North American and European series (Michelins for GTE, Pirelli for GT3 & GT4)

It's a little confusing.. I thought it was cleared up that IMSA and SRO were now being followed or is that purely for tyres..?

SRO GT4 technical regulations state a maximum of 3 sets of springs will be homologated and 3-way or 4-dampers are not permitted.

You can find plenty of real life GT4 suspension info here:

Last edited: Aug 17, 2021
  9. Ettore

I"ve never read a single article on internet saying that IMSA had any talks with SRO to unify anything...
    IMSA just had talks with WEC and FIA recently and only concerning convergence on the top LMDh/HC classes, not SRO or GT3s in any way to my knowledge.
    As for AMS2's take on GTE/GT3 cars I read that sentence as just an explanation as to what tires data are used for those classes and nothing else... BoP is obviously much more than tires...

10. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I think there maybe a little misunderstanding here.. I'm not saying there has been.. :)

Thanks matey good to know your thoughts..

11. samrussell_98

samrussell_98 If in doubt, go flat out AMS2 Club Member

First post so sorry if I have missed something…Do we know where the July Dev update is at? Keep coming back most days but haven’t seen anything.

12. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

The latest DEV UPDATE is JUNE.
    What comes next and when just only knows :hurrayreiza: and you will be informed , be sure!

• Like Like x 1
  13. BlaKArg

BlaKArg Member

I hope to see some news about the MP system. I've been having some great races with people like LugNut, poopville, Marius, Drew, etc. on public servers lately, so I know the potential is off the charts.

Also joined Sim Racing Lounge for their GTE series on sundays and it's been some of the best online racing I've ever had. Hopeful for some good news on this front!

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. roemer7000

roemer7000 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

But you don't mean you and me Marius...;)

15. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

But.. I don't hotlap, and we both can definitely race. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  16. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'd join that right away. The most fun I've ever had in a race on AMS2 was Donington in the rain with Brazilian F3 with damage on. It was a blast going sideways everywhere, fighting for every little bit of grip.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Supermax

Supermax BANNED BANNED

If you want to quote me, at least quote me correctly. no need to twist and fake stuff. :rolleyes:

By the way, where is my post about the happy beta-tester family.Is it me, or did they deleted this post? was it to much truth to handle:rolleyes:

Last edited: Aug 19, 2021
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. spinoff

spinoff New Member

Despite the 1.2.2 update, it is still impossible to lock the wheels of GT3 cars even if the ABS is deactivated. Give it a try. Drive straight, brake hard, the wheels never lock... On open wheels it works (although overbraking never causes a puncture).
    Well done for the work you do, it's full of passion. Thank you and good luck for the further development.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

Well I can NOT confirm your statement, and I'm quite sure about that, because such an obvious quirk would be already on my nagging list. I suggest to check if the problem is hardware related on YOUR side. 20210820023635_1.jpg

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Did you only try the McLaren 720S?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.