1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When will Custom Championship be fully functional?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by blueferrari, Aug 22, 2021.

1. blueferrari

blueferrari Member

I just came back to playing AMS2 after playing Raceroom Custom Championship, which is fantastic. So I still can't seem to customize a race with mandatory pitstops, race lengths etc. The Championships on offer basically can't be adjusted down from 20 minute or 20 lap races and you don't even know if you can adjust pitstops. What's the ETA for getting this working properly, or have I missed a trick as to how to set this up?

Example: I generally only run short 5 to 6 lap races with 10 or so tracks and when I set up Mandatory Pitstops, I'm the only one stopping!

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Troodon

Troodon Active Member AMS2 Club Member

A few questions to clarify before I answer:
    - Have you set up a custom championship by editing the "Default Custom Championship" at the top of the list of available championships? It's the only one that pops up the "Edit championship" button.
    - Are you using the "Race distance scale" setting for the Reiza-provided championships?

I assume the second answer is a yes. The Reiza championships seem to have a limit that you can't go under with the scale setting. The second round of 2020 Stock Cars would go down to 15 minutes, but my 120-minute custom championship round could be turned into a 1-minute race with this.

• Like Like x 1
  3. stlutz

stlutz Active Member

Yeah, the ability to adjust race length and AI strength before each race is a nice feature in AMS2. That can be missed if you're not looking for it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. blueferrari

blueferrari Member

Hi
    Hi Mate, thanks for responding. Yes, I've tried using the Default Custom championship mode, but still no mandatory pitstops, even when you edit for them to occur. It does save race length, but not Pitstops.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Troodon

Troodon Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, mandatory pits don't seem to be working yet from what I can tell. I can't help with that, just wanted to make sure you know that you can set the prac/quali/race lengths for custom championships since
    > "So I still can't seem to customize a race with mandatory pitstops, race lengths etc"
    this bit sounded like you'd missed the customization that's there, but you haven't.

I would also like the mandatory pit setting to work so I can have championships where the races are less of a time investment while still having a pit cycle.

One thing that's confusing me is people saying they've edited the mandatory pit setting. That setting has been grayed out and untouchable for me as long as I can remember, and I think I've heard this multiple times. o_O Is there a third party tool that does it or something?

• Like Like x 1
  6. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think mandatory pitstops only works in laps mode in single player. Not sure about in CC. The time is broken in CC mode since the last update as it now won't let you set a start time in P and Q. It just defaults to the race time set.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. blueferrari

blueferrari Member

OK, thanks for your help.

8. blueferrari

blueferrari Member

Thanks. It looks that way. I'll just have to go without pitstops in Championship for now.

9. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You don't really need to force pit stops to make the AI do them. I did a 1-hour race yesterday, mixed class DP/P1/GTE, and most of the AI pitted 2-4 times(!) because it started raining in the last 15 minutes. The same thing happens in pretty much every sim I've tried with weather, the AI pit way too many times for no good reason, which ruins the race. Until this logic gets fixed, there isn't much point trying to do races with pit stops.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. F1Aussie

You could increase tyre wear and fuel use multipliers, thats what I do for 30 minute races and AI always have to pit either once or twice.

11. stlutz

stlutz Active Member

Feeling dumb here, but once you've created and completed one custom championship, how do you start another? When I select "Default Custom Championship", it gives me the one I had last time and it's not editable. That is, I did an F3 one before, and now I want to do a stock car one. I can only choose between the F3 cars however--all other cars in the game appear to be off limits from a custom championship since I previously did an F3 one. Additionally, I can't remove the tracks from that earlier championship.

Is it really "custom championship" (i.e. you can do it once in your life) as oppose to "custom championships"?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. F1Aussie

I have not had these issues, I have created multiple and had more than one going at a time and been able to delete when finished. Have done so with various vehicle classes.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Glyn Goold

Glyn Goold Member AMS2 Club Member

[/QUOTE="blueferrari, post: 148599, member: 21192"]I just came back to playing AMS2 after playing Raceroom Custom Championship, which is fantastic. So I still can't seem to customize a race with mandatory pitstops, race lengths etc. The Championships on offer basically can't be adjusted down from 20 minute or 20 lap races and you don't even know if you can adjust pitstops. What's the ETA for getting this working properly, or have I missed a trick as to how to set this up?

Example: I generally only run short 5 to 6 lap races with 10 or so tracks and when I set up Mandatory Pitstops, I'm the only one stopping![/QUOTE]

To edit the Championship race length select CHAMPIONSHIP on main menu then click NEW then EDIT CHAMPIONSHIP. Before you add any tracks click inside the grey box with the default track Curitiba (don't click SELECT TRACK!) and an edit screen pops up to edit P, Q, R1 and R2 session settings. Once you have set your race length you can still change it with the Race Distance Scale tool. Hope this helps, I couldn't find it either until a friend told me about it.

editchamp1.PNG
    editchamp2.PNG

Last edited: Aug 27, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Pixel

Pixel Active Member

I can't be assed to waste time setting up a championship from scratch. I just want to be able to pick up one of the default ones and edit the global session lengths. I think it's a reasonable feature to have to call this feature 'functional'.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. biancazzurro

biancazzurro New Member

Is there a limit of four championships that we can create?

16. F1Aussie

I believe so, tried to create a 5th a while back and could not.

• Like Like x 1
  17. biancazzurro

biancazzurro New Member

it is a serious issue..... why don't Reiza solve it?

Last edited: Oct 3, 2021
  18. F1Aussie

It might be "as designed".

19. IamDom.

IamDom. Member

Mandatory pits works in championships I did one today.

They pit second to last lap.

They are mentioned in the update so they may have fixed them.

20. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes Mandatory pit-stop works in custom championship, but only in a lap-mode race not in a timid race.

• Like Like x 1