1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.2.0 RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 31, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You better ask yourself, ;) I Think it isn't that hard

1. I love the tension and the thought that everyone is on the edge and not over the edge to put down fast times.
    2. And I think the possibility of damage makes it fairer, no wall-riding and abuse of situations where you will break the car, but with which you can save a lot of time if the damage is off.

As far as I'm concerned, the damage remains on

I spend a lot of time in TT but can't recall having damage not repaired after restart-session.
    I read about it, so I know it is a problem for some people,
    I never stay very long in a TT-Session, I exit a lot to lookup the time table, load another track or look for an interesting MP-race.
    Are the cars still damaged after a second session-restart?

• Like Like x 1
  2. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Then I have to explain myself better.
    Eventhough I consider it rather goofy that cars can be graphically damaged when damage in AMS2 like all other racing games is OFF in TT mode - then I have no problem with that.;)
    Hehe beside the principally but humorous inconsequence thing :D
    But the reason I get into critical mode here is because the graphical damage is NOT "repaired" (solved) after a restart of the session.:rolleyes:

I have silently :D accepted the idiotic TT bug where you are not allowed to go into the garage after you in a track session have changed something in the setup - but what Im talking about is that when you then RESTART the session (button) then the car is still damaged.
    Dammaged until you completely EXIT the TT session and arrives at the TT LB.

ByTheWay: Here is a much better example of how immersing it is to watch an instant replay of your best lap.
    Ohh and I have to say that I lost the 2 wheels in the session before.:whistle:

SpaBustop_2wheels.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Are you sure you know what you are talking about?
    The damage Im talking about is only some stubborn remaining graphical damage.
    This damage does absolutely not impair the car behaviour.;)

ByTheWay: As I recall some of my fastest TT LB laptimes are set with 2 or even 3 wheels missing. Hehe as shown above bytheway :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

The weird bug of damage remaining in replays has been a thing since PC1 if my memory serves me, I know for a fact since PC2 it's been there at least, I'm fairly certain it might be more of an engine issue rather than just a game one

ByTheWay: Why do you end every post with this? Not judging, I'm just curious since I've never seen anyone else do that

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

The (visual) permanent wheel loss bug is not only occuring in TT, but also in race weekends (so even if you crash in practice, you have high chances to still miss that wheel in qualy).

It's mega annoying and an immersion breaker indeed, not gonna lie.

I wouldn't be so sure, that it's so mega easy to solve, though. It will certainly be possible, but it likely seems to be more of a PITA to pinpoint it down, than you might think.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah. Wallbanging at Salvador and hairpin at Bathurst, for example.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

About TT: it would be nice if there was an option to filter leaderboard times by type of input, I'm a controller user so I'd be interested in comparing myself to other controller users. Another useful feature would be the option to add people from the leaderboards to my friends list so i could more easily compare times with them.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Now I'm imagining some guy with a keyboard beating out top-tier simracers with 10 grand simrigs
    For that possibility alone this feature should be implemented

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

We all know by now that the fastest times, that are often faster than what the car was able to achive with a professional driver RL, are not achived by gear and settings that have anythign to do with the classic idea of "Simulation".
    The best know for sure is 450° rotation lock and no FFB, automatic gear and auto clutch. That turns any "10k simrig" into a gamepad. But if I really want to play that way. I can have more fun with "The Crew 2" already, where everyone knows that using a wheel, pedals and shifter is of no benefit at all.

and that, all together,. makes TT and to some extent MP races a bit irrelevant.

That's a general Sim-gaming problem, and not exclusive to AMS2

I noticed soem time ago that i could improve my times in Dirt Rally 2.0 a lot not by pratice, but by setting wheel rotation to 540 and turning FFB of except for 20% centering force.

Without vibrations, no mentionable steering torque and no need to turn the wheel more than 60° even in tightes turns, everything is easier.

BUT, here is my CAVEAT, I also learned in the Lockdown, where I rarely drove any RL car, but often spend 4 h a day behinf the Simwheel, that is is dangerous when you develop such arcade habits over a prolonged time, abnd switcxh back to RL fast cars. I literally had to learn to drive my RL cars again, took me weeks to feel safe again on winding roads. I also noticed that I was not used to the according lateral G-forces anymore.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

For that, you'd only need to show input device on the leaderbord, which is already the case. Always a motivation to get a pad icon in between the wheels on the first page :D

@McClutch How the hell is automatic gearing quicker than manual shifting? If that's the case, I'd say that's a screw-up on Reiza's part.
    Also, manual shifting is quite possible with a gamepad - manual use of clutch is not.

11. McClutch

automatic is always quicker, particular compared to manual H-shifter and clutch, since you can concentrate on the road alone... and you don't need to take any hand of the wheel. there is also no danger of missing a shift or using the wrong gear.

Had the same experince RL when upgrading from a manual 6 gear H pattern to a 7 gear DSG. Manual having any benefit is a myth, particulary with DSG.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
  12. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

If you are fast and precise, you will definitely shift faster on a wheel. Automatic or Auto-clutch On has a small safety delay in manual cars to ensure the gear engages.

Even with older cars where the mechanical disengaging, shifting and re-engaging of the gears is slower, it will still be faster. Sure at my speed I have the occasional grinding gear or gear rejection, but all in all I am faster with a clutch than if I let the game do it.

Just to be clear, this is on a wheel.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Dicra

None of that is true for sequential gearing, which has been state of the art in top class racing for the last 20-30 years. Of course you're going to be slower with an H-shifter and a clutch if the automatic gearing doesn't simulate the time that takes (which I believe it does in AMS2, but not sure), but I don't see why that should be the case for sequential shifting.

Especially as any developer can (and should) make the automatic gearing less-than-perfect in terms of shift timing.

14. McClutch

Forget about shift times, its about not caring about gear at all, in conjuction with low lock to lock and no FFB you dont want additional klicks to do.

15. Dicra

Ahem. I don't have any FFB and quite low lock-to-lock, and despite that, the additional clicks have become habit, so much that I feel actively bored when racing without them. They do not impact my driving at all, as I don't use the same fingers for shifting that are used for throttle or steering. If anything, shifting myself makes car behaviour more easily adjustable to my current needs in terms of rotation.

I seriously doubt that it's different for wheel drivers.

16. McClutch

Try the M4 GT4. It drives like a dual clutch transmission and shift very quick trough all 7 gears, plus you can override the auto with paddels.

17. Dicra

Previous post, you told me to forget about shift times, now they're relevant again?

C'mon man. People being fast is in large part down to skill, not to some obscure, unrealistic settings quirk. That can be a (small) part of it, but to pretend like they just break the game to be fast is a bit dishonest.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. McClutch

Those obcure quirks give me -11 seconds on Spa, compared to full FFB, 1080° with sequential.
    I tend to grip the wheel in a way that allow me fast left to right movement, while maintaining muscle tension , but makes it impractical to use paddels. 9 o clock 3 o clock grip.

19. Dicra

I just flat out don't believe you that without some kind of proof that both laps were decently driven, sorry.

20. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

5 tenths per corner at Spa due to controls exploit. Now that's something, i would love to see some proof of, too. That would actually be a quite interesting and likewise helpful revelation.^^

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.