1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.2.0 RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 31, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

I have this sneaking suspicion that he conveniently forgot about a tiny little spin in his first attempt that cost about 10.5 seconds :whistle:

Or he decided to test his usual controls with a Stock Car 99, only to then confirm his groundbreaking exploit by being quicker with Stock 2019...

2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm actually honest here:
    When both laps are properly on the limit and indeed showing an 11s gain by steering lock exploit and auto-shift from a good base time with full manual and realistic controls, which would mean 0.4-0.5s gain avg. each corner at Spa (with an M4 GT4?), this would be something quite interesting. o_O

3. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

O.K. lets explain it in another way with hard facts

Players in AMS2 have broken the former world record held by a Porsche 956C, broken only by a Hybrid Porsche 919, numerous times by 31 seconds.

Now you can choose.

Is it because the Sim get's it all wrong?
    Or is it because you can make it yourself a lot easier compare to RL?

RL: Stefan Bellof, Porsche 959, 6:11:18
    AMS2: ramsaysg, Mercedes C9, 5:42:297

Last edited: Aug 24, 2021
  4. CrimsonEminence

Uhm...it's the 956 and you know, that the C9 is quite a different beast, compared to the 956, right? At 1.2 bar boost pressure, the C9 is delivering ~590KW, the 956 has 120 KW less power in comparison already...

I would still be interested in some proof for the 11s situation if it indeed was achieved with the same car, same condition, same track, different control settings, because this would be a worthy find!

5. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

I'll rewrite that for you: "I pulled the 11 seconds out of my ass and don't have the slightest bit of proof for that ridiculous statement, and I suddenly noticed that I can't even fabricate proof for such a large amount of bull****, so let's talk about something completely different - which I also had to fabricate by simply comparing wholly different cars in order to look like I have a point."

Sorry, but simply spreading fake news in order to have a point is a style of discussion that really rubs me wrong.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Can't find your name in the list, do you use an alias?
    I would like to compare to your TT time.

20210824124137_1.jpg

7. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Conserniong exact this heritage from pCars2 we are talking about here Im pretty sure you are (partly) wrong.
    Because In 2-3 posts about 2 months back I have greeted Reiza and corrected posters who one or two updates back have refered to the remaining existence this ooold bug.
    Because Reiza did actually solve this BUG - until after latest update(IMO)!;)
    But as often when devs have not full control/insight in a program(here the Mad engine) - a BUG can return because the devs have changed something else in the program.:whistle:
    Why do you need to use a absolute statement about how Im just OFTEN is ending my posts?
    Often is not the same as allways my good man.:D

ByTheWay: Very OFTEN when I have used some time and thinking :) to write a post something related to my writing pops up as an afterthought.
    Thats why - and not judging your question bytheway ;)

8. CrimsonEminence

Reiza has full control over their product and the products foundation.
    Quote by Renato, if you don't believe:

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. BrunoB

Come on.
    We are only talking about Reiza or if you want it your friend Renato here.
    We are not talking about God or Allah - having FULL insight in something.:rolleyes:
    Full control is not the same as full insight - OK?
    If you ever have been doing some coding yourself you will know that even your own created/coded program can do something you have never thought it will.:D

ByTheWay: Pretty basic understanding of program coding me think :whistle:

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  10. CrimsonEminence

Ah, so you meant not predictable outcomes in interactions. Yeah, sure.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes in the Webleaderboard which was available with pCARS2 and AMS1 this was visible. I miss this declaration as well. It would be really nice if Renato could finally confirm that this Super Feacher will come back.

12. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

Did you hit the "show ignored content button" again:D

13. CrimsonEminence

Nope. :p

(It was miscommunication in this case here btw.)

BTT! :whistle:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

Flipping annoying when youre balancing a car through a long corner on high revs and it downshifts on you, costing you a bunch of lost time at best, spitting you out backwards or understeering you off the circuit at worst.
    No thanks- I prefer full control.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

Why not make your main point first, and maybe at least tenuously link your opinions.. that way you wont need such a crude device in your otherwise informative, entertaining and forward looking contributions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Darkmater

Darkmater Member

While 11 seconds faster than records is a bit dubious. I would argue that it’s odd that more sim drivers don’t beat records on a consistent basis given that in the sim one does not fear death, it is much easier to push and push when ones own mortality is not on the line.

17. BrunoB

And why dont you just mind your own business - and let me mind mine.
    Just like I dont care what you think of my form of posting - I would never waste my time by criticising yours.

ByTheWay: Its often when people is not able to use arguments that they instead try to patronize others by criticising their way of writing or talking.:rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Keep in mind we lack the fear of death and consequences with our cars, like fatal damage than can end an event(s). That's one of the reasons people can achieve such faster times than in real life. Most people are fast in P and Q, but in R they are a bit slower due crash leads to losing the race, etc etc.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Luke Blum

Luke Blum Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey guys, group hug. :whistle:

I hope Reiza is doing well! Looking forward to some news pretty soon.

As far as control "exploits" go, when I was new to sim racing, (and AMS2 as well) I did realize that turning down my gain or upping my car setup menu steering lock to max setting got me a faster time.

But the big picture was I was turning too late into corners. And the gain/steering lock helped me balance out the equation.

Nowadays, I prefer a good informative level of force feedback and a lower car setup menu steering lock (possibly even default steering lock, for a track like Spa) for more fine tuning of steering mid corner.

Not sure how relevant that was to the conversation at hand, but well, there you go.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  20. Luke Blum

Luke Blum Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Also, what got me to the steering lock levels I am at today, when I ran 28 lock I would pretty frequently over turn into the inside kerb at the Pouhon bend at Spa 1993. That's frustration.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.