1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Control scheme setup issues v1.2.2.0.1753.AVX

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Magnus, Aug 25, 2021.

1. Magnus

Magnus Active Member

I've just come back to AMS2 after a six weeks or so being away from home for work and found the new update where we needed to reconfigure our controls has me completely confused. Probably not helped by the fact I've just installed my new CSL DD base.

I can assign buttons to various functions using my McLaren GT3 v2 wheel but it won't let me assign steering in the 'Edit Assignments/Motion' section and it won't let me calibrate either my wheel or pedals in the 'Control Scheme.'

I've tried this in PC mode on the wheel base and, being aware that we need to use the 'Compatability mode' until Reiza can arrange a setting for the CSL DD, I've tried it switched to that mode on the wheelbase.

Nothing seems to work anymore.

Everything is set correctly in the Fanatec setup wizard and the wheel and base work perfectly well in AC.

Does anyone have any idea what I may be missing or doing incorrectly? My gear is in my sig, although the wheelbase has changed from CSL Elite to CSL DD.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Have you tried Custom wheel in the settings in the game?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Magnus

Magnus Active Member

I've gone through them all. Nothing seems to detect my wheel as providing any axis for steering.

At the moment I'm at the tearing my hair out stage as it all works in AC but AMS2 is offering me nothing. I'm assuming, from what I've read here and elsewhere online, that others with the new CSL DD have managed to get it working in AMS2 but between Fanatec's low-level of information, my low-level of I.T. literacy amd AMS2 not yet supporting the wheelbase, I'm unable to join them.

I may well need to wait until Reiza include it and try again then as I don't even know whether I'm supposed to start the game with it in Compatability mode, switch once I've set my controls (not that I can) or if it needs to be in Compatability mode when I switch on my PC.

Apologies if I'm sounding terse, I'm just fed up:)

4. Magnus

Magnus Active Member

I also don't even know if every option MUST have a key or axis binding assigned. I didn't used to have a binding for everything but when I try to calibrate my wheel it tells me I haven't bound all of my buttons.

5. Marius H

Hmmmm,
    Back up AMS 2 folder in my documents. Delete the current one. Boot up game. Go to options, pick custom wheel, assign steer and pedals, then go to calibrate wheel and pedals, etc etc
    That should work.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Magnus

Magnus Active Member

That doesn't work either.

I deleted my AMS2 folder from MyDocs, reloaded and picked custom wheel - it still won't recognise any axis input for the wheel. If I hadn't used it in AC earlier today I'd be completely convinced my wheel or wheelbase was broken.

I appreciate your help Marius, but I've no idea what's happening.

7. Marius H

Hmmm. What rotation do you use? Give it max rotation and twist the wheel as far and back till it recognizes the axis.

• Like Like x 1
  8. torsteinvh

torsteinvh Steam: Nietzroth AMS2 Club Member

I use my Fanatec base in Custom mode, and what usually works for me is something like this:
    • Start with the wheel in the center position
    • Turn it all the way to the stop
    • Wait just a little bit
    • Turn it a bit the other way
    Often I have to try different rotation speeds, adjust how long I wait at the end before turning back and how far I turn the wheel back, but suddenly the correct axis is detected. It is a horrible pain, but it is doable with a bit of patience...

When you finally get it done, make a copy of the files from this location:
    C:\Users\[yourname]\Documents\Automobilista 2\savegame\[somenumbers]\automobilista 2\profiles
    Then you can copy those back in case you have to start over for some reason.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Magnus

Magnus Active Member

It's currently set to 1080 but I've turned the wheel all the way to the right, that didn't work - so I tried all the way to the left and that didn't work either.

Just re-tested in AC and its working perfectly.

10. Magnus

Magnus Active Member

Throwing in some 'Likes' for trying to help me out - it is very much appreciated.:)

11. Magnus

Magnus Active Member

I'll try again using your suggestion, I'm feeling doubtful but that's the frustration.:D

12. Magnus

Magnus Active Member

All I get is "Multiple inputs detected. No assignments made."

That comes when I've reached full rotation on the wheel.:confused:

13. torsteinvh

Try turning the other way almost immediately, it is doable, I've been where you are...

14. Marius H

Hmm go to windows itself, press control and type joy.cpl or click on the fanatec pictorgram on your desktop. Check if there's any device sending input.
    And try Torstein's idea.

15. Magnus

Magnus Active Member

With the CSL DD? I ask as I'm still confused as to when I should switch to compatability mode.

I'll try and flick it back quickly but it may be later tonight.

16. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I had problems assigning my SimuCube.
    I reduced the rotation to a little value, I believe I choose 120 degrees in the driver.
    I choose assign steering, but did no assigning but immediately left the game,
    And restarted the game and assigned my axis.
    Then I returned my steering wheel to 900 degrees
    and calibrated it

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. torsteinvh

I have a DD1, but that shouldn't matter. Getting the axis recognized is quite difficult on that base as well...
    I don't like compatibility mode, it can mess up things if you forget to switch out of it when upgrading firmware and so on, so I prefer to use 'Custom' when the game doesn't have native support for my base. In AMS2 I actually use Custom anyway, as that makes it easier to get an external sequential shifter to work.

Anyway, I did a quick video just now where I show how I do it when I assign axis. I managed to do it in the first try, so either I was lucky, or Reiza have changed the detection a bit (this was in the beta)...

Video quality is a far bit from perfect, but it should be possible to at least see how I move the wheel :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Magnus

Magnus Active Member

Thank you so much - that fixed it! I went down to 180 (appears to be the lowest I can go) and then followed the other steps exactly. I hope this thread may help anyone else in my position.

I really appreciate all the suggestions and help @Marius H @torsteinvh and @SaxOhare - without you guys I'd still be where I started only without any hair left and maybe a broken hand from punching my new DD.

• Like Like x 4