1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Radio Silence from Reiza for months...

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Pepperoni, Aug 25, 2021.

1. Pepperoni

Pepperoni New Member

We were getting regular dev updates, once a month - I looked forward to them, nothing for august. No previews for anything or what to expect. Their last roadmap/update was months ago. We're about to go two months without a single tweet or other sort of communication from Reiza. Their twitter account would put out tweets on a fairly regular basis, but there's been just complete silence for months and it's a bit weird.
    I jump back in every time it's updated and then slowly move towards other sims as the bugs and quirks start to bother me, but I want to know what's on the horizon, what's going to get fixed, what they're working on. I remain extremely hopeful for this sim, because when it's good, it's the best there is - but there's so many little things that need to be tidied up and worked on to make this complete. I'm assuming that there's a big need to keep releasing content to continue to support the studio so these fixes can be made.
    However, I don't think more content is going to be the thing that pushes this sim into more hands. Slightly Mad attempted this with Project Cars 3. They didn't work on fixing the sim - they just kept releasing DLC while player counts dwindled, until people started asking who was going to buy the DLC if nobody is playing it?
    Conversely, when you look at the success ACC has had, it's been the refinement of the driving, working to improve the simulation, adding content has been secondary. When it comes down to it, there's really a handful of cars available and a handful of tracks, but the detail and effort put into polishing the sim is what's bringing it to the forefront of sim racing. I believe there's a space for AMS2 to stand up there as well, but in my opinion, what's required is polishing the sim, filling out classes and working on "what's there", because there's so so so much that's good and it's being dragged down by quirks and bugs.

• Agree Agree x 15
    • Like Like x 2
  2. DaWorstPlaya

DaWorstPlaya Active Member

A lot of us have been asking for multiplayer updates and fixes to this date and nothing. So my group has completely stopped playing AMS2 until we see fixes come down the pipeline.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Renato never said the dev updates were a monthly guarantee. Last dev update was at the end of June so that doesn't even qualify as months (yet). There was also a tweet or two for the end of July content patch. It's the middle of the summer. I am guessing the devs were taking it a bit more slowly for the first half of the month as they are now doing 3 MP beta tests a week to start their work on the needed MP improvements along with other things. I am pretty sure we are getting a patch this week or early next week and hopefully a dev update as I suspect the silence was/is to ready up for Part 2 of the US DLC which could drop next month, who knows.

As for a roadmap, Renato said around March that they didn't want to do a roadmap as people were getting all crazy about the delays. I believe he said there were gonna be around 6-7 tracks and 12-15 cars until end of the year. In terms of tracks they are well under way to do more than that and for the cars we are about 1/3rd there.

Also I'd like to remind you that Reiza has a smaller team than SMS or Kunoz (and the latter has less content or game mechanics to worry about and thus has more time to fine tune it all) so improvements will come at a slower rate. And obviously not all devs can work on every aspect of the game so content is still coming as those devs work on their area.

Basically, all that can be done is to patiently wait. Enjoy the other games in the meantime though. Having fun is what matters. :)

• Like x 6
    • Agree x 3
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Creative x 1
  4. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

.Their is info posted in Beta that RS said to 'share outside with respective communities'.
    I will check on this.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Surely this is a respected community. At least it was :whistle:

Edit: Respective is not the same as respected. Bedtime for me.

6. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Radio quiet till it goes noisy again. It shouldn't be much longer now I think. I'm enjoying the beta quite a bit now - if this means anything to anyone. Cars are driving great!

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I have noticed over time that Reiza have become much less active on the forums. Whether that is due to actually working on the game or something else I don't know.

• Like Like x 1
  8. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Hopefully they aren't loosing hope with the community and all the **** they give Reiza for totally unjustified reasons! Another reason to give social media a miss i guess.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

There are these phases sometimes. They're just very busy! Not worth any speculations, nobody is losing hope with the community! :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

• Funny Funny x 4
  11. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Agreed, Reiza is doing the best they can with the resources they have. It's better to give them time to polish content than to have it rushed and give a bad impression to newcomers. The last few cars they released were some of the highest quality they've made for this title, so quality takes time.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  12. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Or they are on holiday?
    I think, after the hard work this year, they have hard earned it:)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  13. Gazzawesty

Gazzawesty Skunkedup AMS2 Club Member

From what I've read Reiza are knocking out two betas a week and have solved the very important throttle issue amongst other fixes I would guess. Just need it passed onto the unlucky few that ain't in the beta now. I did think the throttle issue fix would have been made public by now as we are all riding round with quite a big issue making the game less enjoyable.

But at least it's fixed for some

• Creative Creative x 1
  14. kendoslow

kendoslow New Member AMS2 Club Member

did nobody catch this from yesterday.
    Obviously they are working hard as usual and have always been ready to share with the community so why the sudden questioning or raising doubts around them.
    The beta testers are happy so we know that we will be too shortly.

• Like Like x 4
  15. F1Aussie

Yeah, social media is becoming more and more toxic all the time. A lot of people think they have a right to belittle, criticize and insult others, and that it is okay to do so. It says more about them than it does the people they criticize.

• Like Like x 4
  16. F1Aussie

No, never saw that, where was it posted?

17. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

18. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

In the Beta Release Thread in the Beta forum, you couldn't have seen it.

19. F1Aussie

Okay, that makes sense now then. So was he talking about a new beta release then instead of a public release?

20. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

if I remember correctly the last two releases have been subject to criticism.
    I quote:
    "half baked, rushed .etc",
    "why doesn't Reiza wait and improve other aspects before release?"
    "Better a few updates done well, than many and badly done" etc etc.

And now:

"Reiza has forgotten about the public", "This silence is not possible, something will happen"
    "Reiza had a calendar and now nothing"
    "Ams2 is dead and @Renato Simioni is selling the house because it is bankrupt, I know, I saw the players online "

In Rome we have an expression that summarizes:
    "Ma perché nun fate pace cor cervello?"
    Trad.
    "Why don't you make peace with your brain?" :)

Last edited: Aug 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1