1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official Time Trial Report Topic

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Feb 1, 2021.

1. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

One thing that at least for me does show that Reiza do not take the TT mode serious is that you cant drive two laps with fair (= equal) circumstances in AMS2.:whistle:
    Because complete against how it is in any other sim which include such a TT competition mode then the tire temp (and wear?) in AMS2 does change drastically from the initial lap to lap 2 and further to lap 3.
    On some tracks its only possible to drive max 2 laps before the tire temp is so high that the tire symbol is deep red and the car is impossible to control.:p
    In any other sim the tire temps (and anything else) is reset to optimal settings every time you cross the starting line.;)

ByTheWay: As I recall then this is most obvious in as example the F-Reiza on the historic Interlagos where any lap after lap 2 is a complete joke.:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

But isn't this realistic? ;)

• Like Like x 3
  3. BrunoB

I dont think this question is wellplaced or reasonable considering any TT competition in a racing sim.
    A proper TT competition is a 100% un-realistic way of measuring any human participants against each other in a FAIR way.
    And as all other commercial racing sims interpreet this FAIRness then the car is reset to to the same optimal state every time the car is crossing the starting line.
    But not in AMS2 - where the car state is 100% random.:cool:

ByTheWay: Honestly I cant really understand what it is Reiza is trying to accomplish with this strange hybrid between a complete random car state from lap to lap - and a postulate that this will give equal circumstances for the participants without any relation of what lap they are driving.:rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Imo on some tracks the first lap could start maybe a turn earlier (Interlagos, Silverstone 2001, Nurburgring GP 2020), the way it is right now on those tracks I can't start the first lap as fast as I would like.

Is there a way to filter leaderboard laptimes by input device used? I play with a Xbox 360 controller so it would be great to have an option to see only controller laptimes. Having to scroll down several pages to find the fastest controller laptime is kind of annoying.

• Like Like x 1
  5. BrunoB

No

6. Neem

Neem New Member

If anyone is interested, I’ve put in a feature request for a web service to query the time trial leaderboards. This is so I can extract the times of my friends for a community Time Trial group I run.

This would remove the need for running a dedicated server which I know some of you do to get round this and harvest the times automatically.
    The Feature Request Thread...

Just in case this is useful to you too.

7. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This is not something exclusive to Reiza or AMS2, if you've done any hotlapping in AC with the RSS Formula cars the same thing will happen. The tires overheat and the available grip drastically drops off over 1-2 laps. AMS2 seems really sensitive to tire and brake temp, and the tire graphic often doesn't change even though you can FEEL a tire dropping off.

Some cars you can push hard for several laps, (Formula Vee, Copa Classics, old school touring cars) given their tires are a harder compound or less sensitive to temp changes. Other cars like the F1 cars, GT3's, and GTE's are EXTREMELY sensitive to tire temp. I can usually only get one lap out of the Formula Ultimate on the soft compound before it overheats. The RSS Formula 2021 does the same thing in AC. If you're extracting everything out of the tire in one lap, it's going to fall off. Other sims do this, AMS2's is just exaggerated in comparison.

8. BrunoB

I dont own AC.
    But was refering to iRacing and Raceroom where car/tire state is equal on all laps in TT mode.
    I also own ACC and if I recall right then you can also enter kinda TT mode where the state is not changed.
    I have completely deleted rF2 from my HD - but as I faintly recall (?) then rF2 also had this kind of equalising TT mode.

ByTheWay: If your AC works like you describe then this game has the same unequal/unfair (IMO) pseudo "TT" mode as AMS2.;)

9. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If that's the case it would allow for really unrealistic techniques where no amount of abusing the tires would cause them to overheat. The AC/AMS2/Pcars2 way is to simply give you a stable initial conditions and a simulation based on your inputs from there. I don't see how you think that tire degradation is "unfair" if everyone has to deal with it, it's part of racing, it's part of IRL qualifying. If the tires overheat after one lap, they do that based on what you are doing. Just as the same thing would happen in a qualifying session. The only caveat is the fixed fuel load.

What you're asking for would benefit techniques that would not apply to anything outside of TT.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

But to be fair, TT driving techniques don't really apply to anything outside TT.

The really quick laps are the one perfect, on the ragged edge lap, in a session of 10 attempts where it all went horribly wrong. It's the guitar hero of sim racing. Apart from I quite enjoy TT and don't enjoy guitar hero! :p

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. BrunoB

No - and that is exactly my point when I said that the TT mode is not in any way "realistic".;)
    Comparing it with IRL qualifying is therefore a mistake based on not understanding what the TT mode in different sims does try to "replicate".

ByTheWay: In as example iRacing (which is a reasonably wellknown sim bytheway :whistle:) then the TT mode is a completely independent mode with its own competition and WR LBs.
    And this TT mode is absolutely not trying to either compare its laptimes with qual and race laptimes - or for that matter try to "simulate" anything from RL racing.:rolleyes:

12. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

RaceRoom leaderboard challenges use fixed tyre temperatures and pressures, which was always cringe-inducing to me. The variation of tyre temperatures from corner to corner is a crucial part of race car driving dynamics, so when you remove that aspect it seems you are no longer driving a race car but rather some kind... dare I say, simcade car.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. ramsay

ramsay Active Member

A feature to choose any car's ghost irrespective of your car/class would make a great comparison. For instance, the retro gen 1 can almost match the GTE's on a lot of tracks and would be fun to race a ghost with a different car to see the difference in handling, acceleration and cornering.

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. noel spence

noel spence Member AMS2 Club Member

hi chaps and gals ,i have been chasing the times at nordschleife 2020 track with the porsche 911 rsr 74 but cannot get within 7 seconds of the top guys ,where usually i am quite close to them on other tracks and know the nords quite well

I am wondering if there was an earlier version to the car that was faster?,also i try to download the fast guys setup but i get nothing even though the little spanner is next to there name is there ,such a long track i dont want to waste my time here ,any clues cheers

15. BrunoB

Are you 100% sure you are right here?
    Because eventhough I dont use any telemetry prog in Raceroom I believe that in TT mode the tire temp is only reset at the start/finish line - and therefore are allowed to change within the single lap.

ByTheWay: In iRacings TT mode using the pro telemetry tool MoteC i2 its easy to see that the tire temp like I presume in Raceroom is allowede to change within 1 lap.

16. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You can quite clearly see with OtterHUD that both temps and pressures are always constant in Leaderboard mode.

17. BrunoB

OK I take your word for it. :D
    I have to admit that when this is the case then I consider it slightly too much a "fixation".
    The ideal (as I would prefer it) is like iRacing where the tire temps are optimal when each lap starts - and then "realistic" are changed as the lap progresses - until it is resat again crossing the line.

And eventhough I personally like TT mode as a way to compete against other drivers on somewhat equal terms - not dependent of tire temp/wear and fuel - I can live with both Racerooms and to a lesser degree :D Raizas way of implementing this basically unrealistic racing mode.o_O

ByTheWay: The reason I dont use different ad hoc telemetry toys is that I stubbornly are waiting for some kind of implementing the real MoteC i2 in AMS2 :D

18. BrunoB

Latest:
    Just for the fun of it then you can have a good laugh if you on Silverstone Historic 1975 in the TT LB does load both Saxohares and BrunoB`s ghosts.
    Because to fight him I had to go "slightly" outside the tracklimit.:D
    But the game did fully accept my driving line - and even grated me with a #2 in this goofy vaccum cleaner.:)

ByTheWay: A closer inspecting of Saxos left rear tire then it looks like he has a puncture.:p

SilverstoneHist1975_sliding_BBvsSaxo.jpg SilverstoneHist1975_sliding_BBvsSaxo2.jpg

19. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

My tyres get cold when doing laps in TT.
    For instance, I tried the Lotus 79 in "Test Day" on a green track. When going out of pits, the tyres are cold (blue), after some time, they get green (warm).
    Then I use the same setup in TT and it is the opposite: I start with warm tyres, but after one lap, they turn to blue (cold) again. No chance to heat them up again.

20. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

The ghost has no driver inside the car (does not need something like that:)) and the tyres sink into the ground. It is the same with all cars I have tried so far in TT.