1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Radio Silence from Reiza for months...

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Pepperoni, Aug 25, 2021.

1. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

We have a saying here that goes "you're damned if you do and damned if you don't". That sums it up nicely.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Jebus

Jebus The Lying Finn AMS2 Club Member

Patience is a lost virtue nowadays.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. chonk

chonk Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't mind how long game updates take to come or whether we get long form blog style posts here on a regular basis. These things take time and shouldn't be rushed, but I genuinely believe they need to have a think about how they interact with their player base. Contact between them and us outside of the beta forum and with certain members is at an all time low. Why they don't try to organise the odd race here or there etc is a bit beyond me, I really think we need a community manager an Aris or Georg of our very own so to speak. When you don't have that iteraction with your users you get threads like these or 30 page feedback loops that could be put to bed with a post or two from a Dev. :shrug:

4. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Beta release primarily, but that of course means that a public release isn't that far off anymore.

Just a thought, but the people complaining about the rushed release aren't necessarily the same that now complain about not hearing from Reiza. Might be different individuals with different priorities.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lab Pong

Lab Pong OG Sim'er

Where is it written that the game is going to be completed at any time........?
    OH...it was not....ahhhh so then people expect too much too fast?
    Or.....do they not keep up with Reiza info so clearly on the interwebs?

Enjoy what we have now....it is much better than most.... totally sayin!

By the way.......D. Gosset...slow down and give me a chance dude! lol

6. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

True. A bit like those developers doing code work are probably not the same people creating art assets for DLC. :p:D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Fizzy

Fizzy Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Here’s what Renato said in the beta forum about MP:

• Informative Informative x 4
  8. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

No reason to worry folks, all is well - we did have our regular game update last month afterall and will have another solid one within the next few days :)

I´ve personally been stretched a bit thin lately handling stuff outside of dev work and of Reiza generally which is largely why I´ve been relatively absent from the forums and missed out on the regular dev update last month, but you may rest assured normal service will be resumed this month :)

• Like Like x 24
    • Friendly Friendly x 10
    • Winner Winner x 2
  9. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It's sad, but I also had to stop using AMS2 since the extra unrealistic bounciness of suspensions, tires, cameras (or the combination of all of them) is too much on my motion rig. The bounciness issue remains a deal breaker to me... despite my love for this sim.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

Look after yourself Renato. If things get stretched too thin there is usually a twanging noise followed by a period of tying everything back together. I speak from experience.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

This is...
    Jump on 3d and talking like: you do this or i'm out!

Chill folks..

12. Luke Blum

Luke Blum Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I guess you could say if so many people want a dev update, it's cause they like the game a lot. That's the case for me and a lot of people I know, so :whistle::hurrayreiza:

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Plenty posts have compared and shown how bouncy cars are on both smooth and obviously bumpy tracks. So the issue is not AMS2 being "unrealistically" bouncy but rather your rig probably being set to move too much with the parameters you use. I don't know what motion rig you use but I got a few league buddies who found their sweet spots. Even if the rig uses telemetry to determine the movement, there is surely a setting to lower and/or dampen the signal and how it inteprets it into movement (speed and amplitude).

As for the camera bounciness, it will be a matter of trying both modes to find a setting you can use or at least compromise on.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Pepperoni

Pepperoni New Member

Thanks for the reply, Renato! I definitely understand being stretched thin and having very little time to give updates. All it takes is a quick post
    "Hi AMS2 fans! We are hard at work on some new updates, and we can't wait to share it with you. No dev blog this month as our resources are stretched extremely thin, but we will resume again very soon with an update coming in the next few weeks, and a further blog about what's coming past that. Thanks for all of your support, we love our fans and we think everyone is going to love what we've got in store.
    In the meantime, take care of yourselves and race hard!"
    Anything like that, just to let the rest of us know that things are progressing goes a long way, and I appreciate the size of the studio and the amount of work being put in to pushing things forward.
    I know there's more going on in the beta forums. I bought it in early access as I wasn't aware of the beta kickstarter so I can't see them - but I've bought everything released and bought copies for my friends to race with me - I'm interested in the development simply because I enjoy the sim so much.

Side note: Is there a way to gain beta access after the fact?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Testing it a bit beforehand will provide more certainty for it to be enjoyable for the wide public. ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

@Pepperoni Pay me 500 euro and I give you my password for 1 week.

• Funny Funny x 7
  17. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

If by Early Access you mean you bought it on Steam, the Beta Backer campaign pre-dates the Early Access Steam store purchase as it was a purchase you did through the forum and is the sole way users got access to the beta forum section (and the base game with the 20-22 Season Pass, AMS2 Beta access and the complete AMS1 game).

18. Luke Blum

Luke Blum Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Can we just change the rules or something so we can get in this beta test stuff? Larger sample size I would speculate to be a good thing. I have good equipment and am very analytical. Let's get this show on the road!

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Pepperoni

Pepperoni New Member

Yep, I didn't know about AMS2 until I saw it on Ermin Hamidovic's channel from way back in the day and bought it then. I figured there wasn't any other way to access the beta stuff aside from the early campaign, sure would be nice if there was a way to join it now, I'd love to be able to test out the new stuff, but I get it :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. TRCB

TRCB Active Member AMS2 Club Member

after a few years of simracing it all gets blase, and part of the fun now (for me) is that frenzy of waiting for a new drop... anything to break the tedium. In particular the Reiza recipe of sending out hints, previews and teasers of whats coming end of month, then ALWAYS being late for that end of month drop.. its like a crack junky waiting for his dealer, hitting that refresh button, and when it finally hits 36-48 hours late you go into a frenzy.. !!MUST TEST EVERY CAR AND TRACK AGAIN!!

The radio silence also had me concerned the sim is dying or being sold like RF2 or something, glad to hear all is well even if only the beta forum people know that..

• Funny Funny x 1