1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Radio Silence from Reiza for months...

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Pepperoni, Aug 25, 2021.

1. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Maybe some day Renato opens it up to a few more. It’s up to him. I think he wants to respect the Campaign Backers but I think that if he did a poll asking us backers if we are open to accept Early Access folks or active forum members that we would probably be in the majority saying yes. But as I said, not our choice :)

Last edited: Aug 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Whelp. If people willing to pay 30 euro for beta forum. Ok. Because otherwise I am afraid it will be flooded. Being betabacker is a privelege for trusting and helping Reiza. Anyway.. Have you guys tried every car on every track in every kind of weather? I guess no. Why want more when there's plenty. RSR is just around the corner since a week or 3. Ok ok. There's features and finetuning coming, but hej.. be happy with the roster and tracks we currently have.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Its a shame that some of those beta posts can't be posted to the main Forum. No extra time required to write but it keeps us in the loop

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

If (As suggested) the throttle mapping issue is being looked into, then I'm actually looking forward to the coming update(s) no matter how long they take, because I think looking into and improving that will be a big step forward.
    It may? induce some cars needing tweaks to compensate initially, but in the long run it should hopefully massively improve the 'realism' and 'accuracy' of the sim as a whole, right across the full range of cars.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

I bought AMS2 + season pass in the last Steam Summer sale, I knew I wasn't going to get access to the AMS2 beta but if at some point things change I'd be interested in playing the beta, especially for testing Xbox 360 controller settings. I bought AMS1 + season pass a few years back and even bought GSCE after buying AMS1 as a way to support Reiza :).

• Like Like x 3
  6. TekNeil

I'd be interested in access to the BETA forum section(s), I bought the full season pass on day one of release @£100 IIRC, but I knew at the time I was slightly too late to the party unfortunately.

You do have the backer image on your profile there, do you not currently have access?

7. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

The result of the change will apply to every single car in the game. And so far it caused no issues whatsoever. :)

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. TekNeil

Good stuff, as I thought regards the first point, and as I'd hoped regards the second. Will be interesting to see the effects.

• Like Like x 1
  9. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

I have access to the beta forum but not the AMS2 beta. I had the option to buy AMS2 + season pass during early access but I chose to wait to see what content the game would have, new features, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  10. TekNeil

Ah, my misunderstanding @FS7 I blame 4am. :eek:

11. Gazzawesty

Gazzawesty Skunkedup AMS2 Club Member

How many people are buying the game and refunding before the hour is up... All because the handling feels off due to faulty throttle in all/most of the cars. Should have been a hotfix this throttle bug. Reiza don't do themselves any favours sometimes.

12. GregzVR

GregzVR P1 passion, P10 talent.

I'm just sitting here waiting for that epic-looking McLaren 1988 and 1991 content teased in the original trailers.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

I wouldn't worry. It doesn't affect it that much across the car library. Some cars have it bad for sure. And it has been like this for months.

Chances are half of the people actually prefer lower throttle input sensitivity too. From what I understand the fix itself only mends that weird gap in low revs/torque that doesn't drastically affect all cars anyway. If someone prefers to have the throttle curve low end biased then manually set lower sensitivity makes the bigger impact.

EDIT: No new post, cause I don't want to disturb the topic anymore. Don’t get me wrong, I am still excited to see how the throttle update changes details since it's a more technical/simulation level change and not just a curve tweak :).

Last edited: Aug 27, 2021
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree, that the throttle RPM leap would've deserved a way sooner "discovery" indeed. :D The power of the community succeeded eventually.
    Don't speculate too much about it, it will eventually arrive.

An immediate hotfix without a testing period would be the wrong way, though.

It's not just a "curve tweak", it has influence on how the engines of the cars are working, so stressing it a bit is not particularly bad for providing the expected main build experience, which should be the "most polished" iteration of the updates, made, of course. :)

It affects every single car in the game. Just the amount of it varies a lot, of course and might depend on driving style too, how much it's noticed in the first place.

BTT :whistle:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Thanks Fizzy this was the post that I referred to earlier posted then edited out, here in main. In the opening quote is clearly says 'share' so imo should have been here in main at the time. + no then "months of silence"

Agreed. However.

We are also a long time between information at times, but come to expect it, just because of the extra 'polishing' that now takes place ( and because of complaints about lack of polish) as opposed to a year ago. imo

For those that ran on default 'throttle sensitivity' the change will be noticed for the better and to a larger degree.
    If on main and already ran a lower setting the change may be less apparent.

as . ans above

Exactly/agreed.

sidenote
    'beta' no beta, there are on a monthly basis, posts/arguments that turn 'toxic' here and even again last 2 days in Beta 'toxic' mainly due to choice of words and also not retracing thread post to the origin of issue.and trying to replicate.... sad to see. and no help in the end when it turns to 2-3 pages of bickering.
    Many beta testers take onboard post in main and test the findings and reports esp @CrimsonEminence and others.
    Never nice to see in Beta or here ."Im out" ... from somebody for whatever the reason.
    The Sims is massive with such variety of vehicle /tracks and is always 'on the whole' going forward. next update to main should brighten a lot of faces.
    Looking forward to a nice weekend. Have a nice one.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Luke Blum

Luke Blum Active Member AMS2 Club Member

This. This right here.

• Like Like x 1