1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.2.0 RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 31, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

My honest opinion is that for now Reiza should take a break from pumping out new content consistently and focus instead on properly fleshing out what's currently here and bringing the sim to the level it's truly capable of
    While I'm not suggesting that it will turn this way I do nonetheless fear that AMS2 will go the way of PC2 and become a sim with masses of content but content that isn't really dialed in properly, which is why I do believe that the focus after these next few releases should be refinement rather than addition, after all Reiza can certainly produce greatness on the Madness engine: the Stock Car 2019s for example are some of the best tintops anywhere in simracing, and if all the current content could be on that level then AMS2 would likely become a very well-respected sim
    Agreed on the GP2 thing though, maybe even an F4 style car to bridge the gap between the Vee and F3 too, but if I go on suggesting content what will I be doing other than contradicting what I just said :p

• Like Like x 3
  2. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

How?

3. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Physics adjustments and the like, I think the word I was looking for was "refining" rather than "fleshing out"

4. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Renato's views on this particular subject from back in February.
    Automobilista 2 January 2021 Development Update

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

I'm all for improving what's already in the game and fixing bugs.
    All I'm saying is that whenever Reiza thinks about content to add in the future a fictional F2/GP2 car would be an interesting one to add, it's a single car class, they won't have to worry about licensing costs and it will be way less work than something like implementing a full field of GTs or touring cars.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I want more content… :)

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

Indeed, particularly the DLC content we already payed for in advance.

• Agree Agree x 7
  8. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I've really been hoping they'd add more junior formula style cars. I know the F2 and F3 license is probably out of the question, but maybe IndyLights would be a possibility. It's a Dallara chassis, and Reiza already licensed the Brazilian F3 from them.

• Like Like x 4
  9. The Walker

The Walker Active Member

Any tips for starting under the rain? For some reason the AI seem to start on a dry track, they have no issues at all, while I'm facing a slippery track

10. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm not really waiting for more tintops, but I do want some american open-wheelers. And I've been waiting a long time for the release of the "Historical Track Pack part one" and the long version of Spa. other circuits are also welcome.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  11. chonk

chonk Active Member AMS2 Club Member

My top 3 hopes and dreams pretty much with each update are some mention of
    an improved AA solution.
    plans to implement FSR
    and
    addressing the performance hit caused by headlights.

we can't have 2 without 1 it seems but 3 could be largely negated by 1 and 2.

I'm not expecting these to just appear in an update anytime soon, but it would be great to hear Reiza's thoughts on the matter. If they're on the cards for the future. Or should I not hold my breath. The game runs beautifully at times but as soon as those headlights come on my framerate tanks up to 50% at times and I know its an issue for a lot of other people as well.

I realise there is an inherent overhead to calculating an increased number of dynamic light sources, but I also think there are ways to mitigate the impact even if it's just giving us control over how many cars have visible headlights at a time. I do think improved AA and native FSR support would go a long way to solving the issue though.

Not demanding anything just would love to have the same incredible image quality we have during the day at night also. :)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

Sadly historic Spa will be next year.
    Really looking forward to it though, and still plenty of content to keep me going until then.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. kendoslow

kendoslow New Member AMS2 Club Member

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Luke Blum

Luke Blum Active Member AMS2 Club Member

As far as content releases go, even though I've been whining about the Mp4/4 and MP4/6 for a while now (I like f1, of course I will do that) let's try to suspend our disbelief for just a minute.

Now consider this idea. Already Renato gave his reason for scattered content vs refining things etc, but just think, they're grown people there. They've worked on GSC and AMS1 before this. I don't think with the experience they have making games, they would be making decisions that are silly.

They don't make sense to us because we're not working there. Renato's reasoning aside, they would give us all the content and refine everything right now, if they could. They obviously can't, for the reasons he listed. They're not just ignoring us and playing darts blindfolded.

TL;DR: have faith in reiza and their capacity as game devs, they're doing what they're doing because they see the bigger picture and this is the most efficient way to do it.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Jebus

Jebus The Lying Finn AMS2 Club Member

That's pretty impressive. I put some funky finnish sentences in it and it got most of them right. Usually translators doesn't handle finnish language very well as we have loads of grammatical cases in our language.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Kim

Kim Mr. Andersen in SIM AMS2 Club Member

Jebus
    The Lying Finn

can he be trusted;):D

17. Manohy

Manohy Member

Kunos and S397 and even SMS studio where both small studios when they started...Anyway about the licensing issue, a small group of modders called RSS for example are releasing generic cars each year and many of their cars like the f1 are considered as the the highest standards in all sim combined (vanilla and mods). Reiza is both skilled enough and big enough for generic cars or classic cars. They proved it in the past with The F-Ultimate and the classic F1. I don't think releasing second zone licensed cars (2015, 2017 etc) or very expensive current 2020 and newer cars (DLC) are both good strategy for a sustained growth. Imho the real problem of AMS2 is the handling which is not solved by setup otherwise things could be very different today and this thread would only have few pages.... Beam Ng for example which has only hugly generic cars has become a phenomenal title. Thus they don't care about being a racing sim, it's quickly receiving praise of being a valid racing sim by more and more people. The worst scenario is that It will be respected as a racing sim before AMS2...People don't care about the cars. They mainly care about the handling and the experience. Generic classic or updated cars (2021 specs etc) + good handling + low DLC pricing is a winning combo.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2021
  18. Jebus

Jebus The Lying Finn AMS2 Club Member

I wouldn't. :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. neal

neal Active Member AMS2 Club Member

it mentions the Historical Track pack and not historical Spa specifically. It also says
    could Spa be one of those? maybe :fingers_crossed:

20. DjFIL007

DjFIL007 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Spa is already a DLC, and the owners of that DLC will get the older version included when released. This will also be true for more configurations expected to come for the Nurbergring DLC (please bring on the original GP layout, before the arena section was added).

Historical Track Pack is to include old versions of modern tracks already in the base game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.