1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.3.0 RELEASED - Now updated to V1.2.3.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 30, 2021.

1. BCRCGAMING

BCRCGAMING #1 AMS2 Streamer! BANNED

thank you kuku i appreciate that, hell i even gifted a viewer ams2 the other night lol

• Like Like x 3
  2. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Reiza has a team of internal Beta testers that do the bulk of the testing and bug-hunting. In general, Beta builds are released to the Beta forum members no more than 72 hours (and frequently less than 24 hours) before going on release to the public. The everyday Beta members aren't given enough time to test things thoroughly.

EDIT: I should make clear that the Beta forum has bug/fault-finding threads for different aspects of AMS2 (AI, multiplayer, physics, etc.) in addition to threads for suggestions and feature requests. The Beta membership does find and highlight bugs but it is not responsible for bug-hunting and eliminating errors: that is Reiza's remit. The Reiza devs listen to and act upon many of these suggestions: the manifold intake fix in the latest build was prompted by a forum discussion on low-speed spins.

It should be remembered that Reiza, like many companies around the world, has been affected by the pandemic.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Informative Informative x 2
  3. BCRCGAMING

so make me a tester, i'll be right on that and find everything within an hour

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

nvm, same old story.

5. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Then pls accept my apologies, I never had it the first time I drove it thats for sure, however I spent far more time in the 73 so probably why. Was it reported then or no? post the link here if so, save me reading reams. I drove it more at 2am this morning hence todays post about it from me
    :) more agreement then if this is the case.

Makes sense even more.
    What none beta owners dont see are all the bugs that do get reported and corrected before main release, and there are a lot. Its very easy to see what has not been done rather that what has, including in this update improvements not even mentioned in beta before it and the last.
    I could write a list as long as yr arm and yes theres stuff I reported 15 months or more ago still not fixed. Lets not go rounds in circles. points have been raised here and on main.
    devs listen and work. have a list of priorities aside from a list of reports coming in 24/7
    So is the slip fixed or not?
    ---- it ill test in now

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Luke Blum

Luke Blum Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah you heard the guy, cut Reiza and the beta testers some slack! ;)

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. BCRCGAMING

so then things need to change so theres time to test things before shoving them out the door, either way something has to change

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Backers are backers, we are not testers. A tester has a job and has to adhere to certain internal procedures in order to complete their tasks in an efficient way. As @Maser V6 said, not all Backers have the availability to test everything on a build and we follow no internal procedures either, including reporting of issues - other than the ones available to the general public that it is.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Nice. Now telling Renato and Team how to do their job. Maybe things have to change, this is part of business and life in general. Still, this is probably not the best way to communicate your personal views to a group of people who have been working very hard to make the game the best it can be atm!

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Maser V6

No it is not
    So back to
    The bugs that were fixed I can assure you were important, as is this 1 thats slipped through (imo)
    I would be suprised and disapointed if a hot fix is not on the way.
    Lets move on pls

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. BCRCGAMING

take it as you will mate, sometimes someone has to step up and say the hard stuff

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. BCRCGAMING

i tell you what, anyone that wants to discuss it and hear an actual reply and how its meant, come by my stream in 2 hours

13. Maser V6

Not sure who thats aimed at but just to iterate the point "saying the hard stuff' happens here and more so in Beta at times. inc late last week. We all get pissed when things dont get sorted. So I will move on to other issues, and report appropriately.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. sci006

sci006 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

S
    Seems track dependent as more obvious on certain tracks

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. SoliderScissors

SoliderScissors New Member

I also had this exact issue soon after the update... Has the multiplayer part of the sim been put in a lower priority? :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. djrace

djrace New Member

2 bugs on VR

Attached Files:

17. projupiter

projupiter Member AMS2 Club Member

Not sure if this is a new issue, but I just noticed it. I did a race in brands hatch, on the starting grid some of the cars were sliding sideways down the camber of the road. It was dry conditions and the cars were minis i think.

18. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

I agree to that. Backers have no undue influence on development nor are our opinions or feedback any more valuable than anybody's is. We just get to complain a few days in advance.

Being a Reiza Backer isn't much more than a bonus early adopters and Indiegogo campaign backers got, which are access to the beta forum and beta releases. It's not that different to what happens in the forum at large. We get an early version of content and changes, who wants to try them can, and who wants to report da bug can do so in the appropriate thread and hopefully, Reiza will get around to fixing those bugs before release. After relsease, it continues here, same thing.

I get the feeling that somehow Backers get viewed as what was done when Project Cars was in development, where they had a group of people who bought into the community development program that could actually influence pCars development. Would be interesting where this notion came from with AMS2.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

Not quite sure how he can sugar coat it any more tbh. At the moment its good but its hardly the land of milk and honey of sim racing titles, so to my mind I would be really asking myself some hard questions about whether or not this is a title that is going to be anything other than a cash cow (unlikely given how Reiza consistently release cars for free within updates) and/or an exercise in damage limitation for reputations. Both of these points offer evidence that the title continues to aspire to greater things. If its going to be something more (and I honestly hope it aspires to be) then having people ask hard questions or point out the obvious to people who are entrenched for whatever reason in a position whereby they are reluctant to analyse realistically the present situation is surely something to be welcomed and not flippantly dismissed.
    Its really easy for any contribution about the best way forward to simply turn into another wish list so Im not offering any solutions of my own, but I would urge everyone to look at all posts without distinction and simply ask "Is there any merit in the point that is being made here".
    The overall strategic direction of the title has probably already been decided. Its probably a waste of time to get overly concerned, optimistic or pessimistic about that. Instead the positives that come out of the impressively regular updates should be praised, while the concerning areas of the title should continue to be rigorously examined and fed back as deficient.
    Only in this way and only with honest analysis can the user base have confidence in the experience they are buying into. If the response to feedback is to undermine the feedback, the solution is also undermined. This clearly is a self defeating defence.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think the biggest issue with AMS2 is that it's still "under construction". As such everyone expects perfection with every monthly release and all existing and new bugs magically fixed. I wish that too, but realistically speaking we're miles away from finished product and it will take number of those monthly updates to get to finished product stage, let alone that expected perfection.

AMS2 is month by month heading in the right direction, sometimes there's a one step forward and two steps back, but overall it's nicely moving forward.

All I'm asking for is to try to see the bigger picture and not every update in isolation. Good things take time and if you compare it to where we were even few months ago you'll notice how far we went. Otherwise our journey will be similar to the one from Shrek ;)

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 1