1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.3.0 RELEASED - Now updated to V1.2.3.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 30, 2021.

1. Split Second

Split Second Active Member

Thank you very much for the answer. I guess when people here like the physics that is the most important.
    Then I guess this sim isn't for me. I don't know if it is the pliable tires that give me this feeling. Lots of these cars seems to have so so much understeer and you basically see the wheel in game turning whole the way to negotiate a corner and then they don't make it. I don't know it just doesn't look realistic, and not really connected to the road.
    I still have the feeling that lots of cars are floaty. But if others like it or don't see it that way then that is the most important.
    Then it looks like it is not for me and I am going to bow out.
    I want to wish all the best luck to the developers and I want to say it is great you are listening to your customers and to the other people I hope you have much pleasure with this title.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Luke Blum

Luke Blum Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thiccer than a bowl of oatmeal!!

3. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

@Helleno Completely fair and reasonable. The one thing we have in common is high hopes. Other than that, its a matter of how we get there. I find posts like yours very readable and I empathize with your sentiments. You would like adjustable mirrors, I’d like damper transition speeds someone in my community wants saved tire IMO information. My point being, we’d all like to have something in AMS2 that would complete the game. Ultimately its Renato’s role in figuring how and when to get these done with the resources he has. There is a big factor that people tend to forget. Its the first time Reiza has had to go through serious game development through a pandemic. Right at the most crucial time of a game’s development. Crucial team members might have lost loved ones, gotten sick themselves, and with a small team it hits that much harder. Hold onto that sliver of hope my friend.

• Like Like x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  4. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

@Ader Pontes Just curious what you disagree with.?
    In my post.
    .Edit Ok I get it. "Struggle on"

Last edited: Aug 31, 2021
  5. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

It is still a beta feature under development. It will make it's way over to main in one of the upcomming releases.

Did you host via dedi or the game client?

• Like Like x 2
  6. Luke Blum

Luke Blum Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I just want to pipe in and agree with @Helleno as well. @steelreserv and I come from a discord of very intelligent people.

I want to particularly point out how racing sim community members interact in regards to physics talk.

I do see it a lot, you know? As a huge fan of ams2, other players of the game are quick to dismiss valid complaints about these things. To empathize with those people, I think they are tired of defending their favorite sim, and for some, their favorite game. A lot of that can be chalked up to "National Enquirer" style YouTube videos, that don't offer anything good for the ams2 community, just discounting it. I need say no more on that potential cause, we've all squeezed that subject to death.

On the other hand, some people can be kind of crappy about ams2, throwing names around, which is also not healthy. Again, those people have been talked about to death, no need to further explore that.

My message to my fellow forum members. Some people are just trying to give their most honest feedback, and trying to help. Let's remember, there's a lot of people who just want to help and improve this game. Empathize with them. They aren't just comparing this game to competing titles, they're using their entire frame of reference, and if something sticks out to them, you should at least humor them. No whitewashing, saying, "well you shouldn't expect handling like game x". Give them a good listen. Do not be dismissive. Try not to feel like you need to defend. Suspend your automatic disbelief of what they're saying. Reiza needs those people's feedback just as much as yours. I have been one to defend ams2 a little too much too sometimes. I admit it.

From a certain point of view, an experienced sim racer, but someone who is a new ams2 player can provide reiza with valuable insight.

Also, this isn't to stand up for people who are rude to others, or for who people who say, "how is this new problem happening" or people who call the game "crap"

Please, I hope this reaches as much people as possible. We have two ears and one mouth, everyone. Let's truly listen, even if they say something is fundamentally wrong. I know it also feels kind of disillusioning when they say that. But something has been considered fundamentally wrong by Reiza with:

1. The driveline friction
    2. The intake manifold
    3. The tire model (that huge revision we got)
    4. The center of gravity
    5. Drag
    And more, that I probably forgot or stuff that has been fixed before i bought the game. Now look at how far we've come. A lot of these things are because people piped up and we listened. Look at how much fun we are having now?

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  7. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Being fed up with the current state of too .any discussions, whether simracing related or any other subject, I'm curious if that discord still exists and whether it's possible to join somehow :rolleyes:

8. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Dunno... I will put it this way. AMS1, how many people are unhappy with the game? People who really played the game and put the time into it, are you unhappy or disappointed with the final product? Well chances are, and I trust Reiza, AMS2 will be much better than that when the time comes and all the public clamour we see in these forums will have meant nothing. Constructive criticism will always help, the rest is just that, the rest. The engine has a lot more to offer than AMS1, but the same views of what a sim should be like is still here. Reiza knows their business and the game will continue to improve.

• Agree Agree x 8
  9. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Not inherently true, though.

AMS2 engine may have very neat features, such as improved tyre model, live track, dynamic weather, easy hosting and up-to-date graphics, but inherently misses out some very relevant ones that we had in AMS1:
    • live hosting features: live grid reordering, session restart, human race director assignable penalties (DT, SnG, time penalties, BF), working kick-vote
    • replay and broadcasting features: replay jumpable to any point, live replay during broadcast, better broadcast cameras
    • modding: mods in general, you can create as many liveries and entries to a class as you want
    There are probably more features that I'm missing here, but all in all I don't think we can effectively say AMS2/Madness engine provides more features than AMS1/isiMotor.

Their focus seem to be different. Madness seems more focused on single player than isiMotor, while the later seems more focused on online/league competition than the former.

Edit: I fear that Reiza would have to exert an enormous amount of effort to develop these cited features if they really are not currently in the engine, if they do plan on adding them.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. SoliderScissors

SoliderScissors New Member

About the wheel turning too much, that may just be a matter of setting up the steering lock... I don't see the cars as having too much understeer, to be honest, considering the speed I am at a given moment. I may be wrong, of course, since I don't have real world experience in race cars (unfortunately :oops:), but it does feel natural to me when racing.

Now... I would like to ask people in this thread if the multiplayer really is not very important for you, out of curiosity...

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Only time will tell. But on a more positive note, look at the new options we have in game now. Damage multiplier, changeable TC controls on the fly, customisable championships and more.... Those things were not in previous PC games. I'm pretty sure limit for sets of tires has been mentioned by Reiza and it will come. Again not in PC games.

As for multiplayer, Reiza has only done a bit of work on it so far. Netcode has been the focus of the online work and if you play online today you are likely to be pleasantly surprised.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

It is good that everyone can express their doubts and complaints, for there are specific 3ds to do so. Freedom of opinion first of all, however, can the person who likes the game express himself freely or does he have to endure a storm of ****, mistreatment and humiliation? There are 3ds of spontaneous appreciation of users who sink full of whining.

I understand that the game does not satisfy you, but do you have to be so vocal in every damn 3d ? do you have to **** over the forum, users developer, umanity in general?
    Poor Renato can't post anything that the usual discontents slaughter him with ultimatums on "very important" bugs that need to be solved asap, otherwise I'll burn your house.

There is a limit to being able to please everyone, you choose you go ahead and whoever has to be lost along the way gets lost. it is not possible to continue with these endless complaints.
    When you get to this point of continuous suffering it is best to uninstall. It's best for everyone.

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

MP is a big draw for me. Every moment im in the cars now is in preparation for the MPRS. Id like profiles, statistic, trends, graphs. You name it. I get invested in that stuff.

SP sure but coming from the F1 series, id like a career mode with license points, contract offers, all the bells and whistles. Maybe not cut scenes, but something that you feel is at stake. A succession of one of races is ok, but I want my fake driver to be world champion one day and im willing to stop at nothing including lowering AI strength to get there.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

im confused, so you are bowing out of watching videos ?
    Because that’s all you have opted in.
    Most cars have sound physics and believable levels of understeer and oversteer.
    The corvette has what I believe is missing longitudinal grip. And that’s where the pushing comes from, I’m hoping it will be fixed in short term.
    the replays seem on point to how it feels .

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Just to be clear, I am one of the people who theoretically could have discovered the clutch slip issue prior to release, but in fact did not discover it until I read about it here. How is that possible? Because if you drive the car properly and use the clutch as one would in a real car, there is no issue. The entire time I was testing the car, I did not encounter the flaring. It only happens when you treat the clutch like an on-off switch or severely over-rev the car relative to what the gearing is asking for.

Is it perfect now? Probably not. But don't think that in a car with this much power/torque you can't induce clutch slip when you purposely abuse the clutch.

This tells me that the new clutch inertia values Reiza told us they updated are closer to to reality than the old values. Even if the C3 needs a small tweak, it may be that we now have another new aspect of realism (ability to abuse and possibly break the clutch) that we didn't have before and that other sims do not have.

Congratulations, Reiza!

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

For the time being I'm limited to playing with a gamepad (nothing wrong with that, I'm just used to my rig with AMS2) so I'm out of my comfort zone and my findings are not worth much. But I'm noticing this slip in the Corvette.

I wonder if there's a larger physics discussion behind this, because before I've thought that the way clutches grip instantly in AMS2 is a bit weird. If you shift, rev against the limiter and drop the clutch, it'll not grip for a while until it catches. The Corvette feels more what I expect (possibly baseless expectation warning). If you don't match revs, it'll slip until revs match and it reaches a static lock.

Raceroom has a pretty unforgiving clutch simulation. If you don't let the revs and clutch settle after shifting and just floor it, it'll slip and slip until it's just doing its own little clutch burnout. This is in very powerful cars such as Group C and Group 5. I don't know how ultra high performance clutches react in real life, but I assume this is some simplified version of reality. In Live for Speed and BeamNG this would burn the clutch little by little (sometimes pretty fast) until it no longer locks at all. But in it does gradually drop revs and settle automatically.

So yeah I wonder if you're on to something there. Is it a mistake? Is it a new thing? Is it both?

17. cpcdem

cpcdem Active Member AMS2 Club Member

While I was also hoping there would had been more progress and more fixes than what we got in the last few months, after the excellent release with the USA pack, I think this comment is unfair to the efforts that the devs have put. Compared to the state of the Madness engine in PCARS2, off the top of my head I can think of some major improvements Reiza have made:

- FFB is on a completely different level
    - Totally subjective of course, but I think driving most cars in AMS2 feels a lot more realistic than the majority of cars in PCARS2 did
    - Championship mode implemented (standard and custom). For how many years had this been asked for in the PCARS series?
    - Multiple control sets
    - Ridiculous PCARS2 car behavior over curbs is fixed
    - Real weather actually working, including real data for past years
    - Track state presets
    - The silly and extremely frustrating cut track system of PCARS2 has been greatly improved with the x strikes system

I am sure I'm still missing several important ones, and of course there have been tons of smaller improvements, and that's while dealing with code that they had to learn from scratch...About the AI I cannot comment, because I have never liked it in any past or current racing game that I have ever played.

I also do not like it when people blindly defend the (any) game, criticism is very important for every product, but going to the other extreme is bad as well. Anyway, just my 2 cents, hoping and being optimistic that AMS2 over the next months/year will become the great success it deserves to be!

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 3
  18. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Don't forget about the completely different sounds even for cars that are similar to the PC2 counterparts...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

I noticed it while i was driving Daytona with automatic shifting/clutch on,but thought "hmm,strange sound,maybe that ol' car has his own soul..."
    I did not noticed it on Spielberg modern wich is my test track.

20. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

I think there is an issue with auto-clutch according to reports. I never test that myself, sorry. It makes sense that auto-clutch will have issues with more realistic clutch inertia settings. Even if the C3 is tweaked, which it likely needs to be a bit, auto-clutch may still be an issue. Reiza is aware and hopefully this can be addressed quickly and easily :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1