1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Refueling?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Wilfred de Ruijter, Jul 2, 2020.

1. BartZ

BartZ Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I disagree. This should not have been an issue at day one. The limited resource explanation/excuse may work for new cars or new tracks not a basic feature like refueling. Which by the way is working everywhere but championships. The game in mostly brilliant but this is not good enough.
    And yea, I recon enough people are affected to warrant a fix. I support Reiza and intend to buy all future DLC's but there's too many broken things in AM2 right now.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Romeo Foxtrot

Romeo Foxtrot Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Wilfred de Ruijter is not saying that refuelling is working. He's saying that refuelling in Championships is not affecting everyone - because not everyone is doing Championships! The AI are still random names or random ratings so a championship is pretty much pointless anyway.

Some of us are old enough to know a time when cars could overtake on track and not need circus tricks like fuel strategy, tyre strategy, DRS, Push-to-pass, etc. For some of us it's down to the action on track. Outside of NASCAR I never stop during a race; not for coffee, not for a pee, not for the 'phone and most definitely not for tyres or fuel.

Until I can create more than one profile, rename the AI, edit their performance and choose which cars will be fielded I won't be running a championship either. All I can do at the moment is hot lapping. For me, everything else is broken.

Careers and Championships I can manage myself if the game doesn't offer it. I still need pen and paper to record my best times in this game so it's not much of a stretch to record results.

My preference would be to fix the game first and add novelties later.

3. Roberto Lopes

Roberto Lopes New Member

Again after the last update ONLY the HOST on multiplayer lobbies can refuel during race. This is a shame.

• Like Like x 2
  4. DarrenM

DarrenM New Member

Do you know if this also impacts the dedicated server or only in game hosting?

5. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Peer to peer or dedicated server?
    Enable refuelling On, respectively disablepitstoprefueling disabled?

6. Roberto Lopes

Roberto Lopes New Member

Peer to peer server with the Enable pitstop refueling ENABLED.

We didn't tested the dedicated server yet. But we will do it as soon as possible

7. Roberto Lopes

Roberto Lopes New Member

Peer to peer server with the Enable pitstop refueling ENABLED.

What is this Enable Refueling option ? Is this only present on the dedicated server ?

8. Shriukan

@Dave Stephenson tagging for relevancy

It's a new option. The option is the same, it is just expressed differently between the ingame UI and the dedicated server parameters. Basically the option is to either allow everyone to refuel during a pitstop or to disable refueling for everyone. So the fact that only the host can refuel with refueling On is indeed an issue. Would also be a bug the other way around. Basically, there's a bug xD

Cheers for the additional info :)

Edit: I guess the devs gave the players the option as certain formula cars had refueling natively off and there were requests to be given the option to refuel and consequently some leagues might want to have refueling off.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Roberto Lopes

Roberto Lopes New Member

OK. Do you think a hotfix can come any time soon ? We have an Endurance championship coming on 14th this month.

10. Shriukan

Only if the devs find the source of the bug and manage a fix before then, is the only answer i can give.

Edit: 99% yes

Last edited: Sep 1, 2021
  11. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I already found the culprit in MP. It should be out in a hotfix in the coming days

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  12. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

default F3 champ does not allow refuelling by design

13. Roberto Lopes

Roberto Lopes New Member

That's awesome. Thanks a lot for the quick response !!

• Like Like x 1
  14. HangingChad

HangingChad New Member

It's 2022, and it's still not fixed, at least for me. On test days, I can change tires and repair damage, but I can't refuel in any car.

15. HangingChad

HangingChad New Member

Alright, I figured it out. Even if you're doing a Test Day and you want to be able to refuel, you have to make sure refueling is enabled in Single Race Mode.