1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Calling all Formula Classic fans! Formula classic general talk, and strategy thread

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Luke Blum, Sep 1, 2021.

1. Luke Blum

Luke Blum Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi all, kind of taking a shot in the dark here. I wanted to create a thread more centered around a positive discussion rather than one centered around two warring factions :whistle:

I drive formula classics for 90% of my ams2 time, if not more.

Hopefully there's a lot of AMS2 players like myself who gravitate towards formula classics, as I would like to get to know you all and hear your thoughts on track specific setups you like to use, among other things.

-Luke (unsung31 on steam)

2. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Which Formula Classic do you drive?
    Usually I'm not into older cars but I like driving the Formula Classic Gen3 Model 2 in AMS2.

3. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes I am a Formula Classic fan, all gen's
    And indeed the Gen3 model 2 is a pretty nice car.
    I like them specially on the classic high curb tracks,
    In SP I drive especially in historic open-wheelers, Vintage, Retro, Classic and V10, but mostly in the Formula Classic Cars.

4. Luke Blum

Luke Blum Active Member AMS2 Club Member

gen 3 model 2 forsure! the fw14 is a beast. I also enjoy the gen 1's and gen 2 model 3.

speaking of which, the turbo f1 classics feel a lot better after this update. i recommend giving them a go.

as far as setups, do you guys find anything in general you do across most tracks besides steering lock, brake bias etc? that you feel is generally a better fit for the car, as opposed to default? I like a stiff suspension, especially with the g3m2. and i usually lower the rear tire pressure to around 1.3 bar