1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.3.0 RELEASED - Now updated to V1.2.3.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 30, 2021.

1. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Hahaha...cool, a new setup option to look forward to adjusting..."Bum Stops"

• Funny Funny x 13
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. John Hargreaves

John Hargreaves Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Glad you're feeling better Renato, hope you've shaken off the lurgy :D

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  3. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I think it should. There are other cars in the game that slip when you shift too quickly. It has its charm, tho. Instead of shifting wildly, gliding, sliding, etc you actually have to learn something and that's staying calm. Slow in, fast out. Not fast in, fast out :D

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Pixel

Pixel Active Member

Love all the physic changes. I've tried a few random cars and I can definitely feel that all the small changes have added to improve the experience across the board. The street cars now feel much more controllable and predictable. The only thing that feels weird still is the Camaro SS's brake. Almost like something about the sensitivity curve is wrong on it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Ricardokil

Ricardokil Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I hope in the near future the corrections in the stockcar, Cruze led off, push-to-pass light, new sprint racer, new USA package contents, new GTE cars, we could have the surprise of the new BMW M4 GT3, well we are waiting.

6. Darkmater

Darkmater Member

Just here waiting to see if there is a dev update blog today. :whistle:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Ribeiros

Ribeiros Active Member

Great update so far, loving the fixes and changes in the game. Also can we have like a roadmap for 2021-22? Just an idea of what to expect, car classes to be added, possible tracks, features to expect in the future to be added to the game.
    Just curious to see what's in the road ahead.

• Like Like x 1
  8. arpego

arpego Member

Thanks for the info! I already double checked this player slots limit by track.. for example, we used "Cascavel" track (38 slots) last time we've got this bug. This is the exact time when the bug occurs first time (dedicated server):

Later on, about 58min of the video, this happens again, but on a lobby (P2P) session..
    We will have another 4fun tonight, I will report again what happens about this.

9. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah thats strange, i had 25 to 30 people in my lobby yesterday, for 2 races without issues, on public lobbies i also experienced the occasionally random disconnecting of several people between qually and race.

Is your dedicated server running on linux or windows?

Are you running it with log output enabled? Could be that the logs tell something interesting

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Indeed he has, and well reminded - for those of you not aware, Crimson has for the last few months been contributing with us in an official capacity both with development as well as moderating & interacting with users in the forum, trying to ensure their enquiries have some answers and also that we are aware of the most pertinent feedback coming from them - if he is present in a discussion it means we are aware of it, and that you can rely on the info he is providing :)

• Like x 29
    • Informative x 6
    • Friendly x 6
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  11. arpego

arpego Member

We are running on windows the DedicatedServer.exe (we have already tried on linux using WINE, but this makes sessions a lot more unstable :( ).

Because the update was required to the server shows up on multiplayer listings, I forgot to run it with logs :oops::oops::oops:

Although that, I did recovery some info displayed on prompt, basicaly a lot of these kind of message repeated over and over again:
    ```
    WARNING: User 999999999999999 sent game datagram but no such user is member of the session
    WARNING: Processed 100 game messages. Manually calling TickSession
    WARNING: Auth session with user 9999999999999999 returned AuthTicketCanceled, but we do not have this user in the session
    ```
    There are other messages, some RTT syncs and things like that, but nothing that indicates a error for me.. Tonight I will try to make a full log report, with resources usage of the VM too.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2021
  12. Roy Niessink

Yeah i had the same experience on linux, a lot more instable, i will see when i get home what my log looks like, just to compare a bit.

Are you running server with use of blacklists/whitelists?

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. arpego

arpego Member

Nope. Only password authentication.

Perhaps, a noticeable difference that we use is the HTTP admin panel and the LUA engine disabled.
    I prefere using the web admin panel because of its simplicity for last minute adjusts over LUA rotation configs files that are a lot more complex. Reading the forum posts, appears to me that everybody is using LUA with HTTP disabled or something like that.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2021
  14. Roy Niessink

I also use the web admin panel and not lua files, for the same reason funny enough, but without password and with blacklist enabled, but that should not make a difference.

What speed has the connection of the server got, upload and download, i can imagine if thats bottlenecking it that people get disconnected, but it is strange that its going down to 20 people

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

That's good to know.
    When isn't he involved in a discussion? He seems to be everywhere all at once :p

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. arpego

arpego Member

We are using a ec2 t3.medium instance, I think the bandwidth is 5gbps or something.. probably is not a upload issue..:confused:

The strange thing is I heard, some time ago, about someone using a worse VM instance with 25-28 players and having no issue at all.. but every time I tried to scale down I got CPU bottlenecked..:(

17. Roy Niessink

Ye
    Yeah connection should be fine, by VM you mean you run it on a virtual machine?

I run it on a normal windows system from which i stream on twitch as well as running the game, without issues.
    Running league races like this is not so great i would think when its unstable.

18. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

ec2 is an AWS virtual machine, in his case with t3.medium config, which has 2 virtual cores and 4gb ram, not really aimed to game hosting, but I guess it should be enough. Or not?

AWS has the GameLift service for that, though. Not sure if it is worth it, but seeing the pricing table I find it quite scary, especially for us with weak currencies having to pay for services in dollars.

• Useful Useful x 1
  19. arpego

arpego Member

Yep! ;) A virtual machine instance on Amazon's infrastructure platform (AWS), the type/hw of the instance (virtual machine) is the T3.Medium: Amazon EC2 T3 Instances – Amazon Web Services (AWS)

We choosed to use a cloud service for hosting because the connection infrastructre here in Brasil is far from great..:mad: using a home connection for league events becomes very unstable most of the time.

But, sincerely, I didnt thought that will be such difficult to make the DedicatedServer ran without issues.. every time I update the server happens something strange, like that issue.. Cause of this I was a bit of reluctant to update it, we were using a old version of the server before this update.. I did update only because the server didnt shows up without be on the last version.:whistle:

20. Roy Niessink

Yeah i would say it would be enough for sure, i am lucky to have a good and stable connection at home, although i dont think the server needs a lot of bandwidth/data usage.