Admin control online

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by codywar11, Sep 1, 2021.

1. codywar11

codywar11 New Member

I’ve searched around and haven’t found any other posts talking about this. If there is and I couldn’t find them I apologize!
    Is it possible to do basic admin control when hosting an online lobby? Such as skipping sessions, restarting sessions, restarting the race, ect? Once a week my best friend and I race against AI in my server on AMS1. We pick a random car/track combo and go. The practice session is 20 minutes, but if we need more time I just restart the session. Once we both feel confident we skip to qualifying. If the AI punts one of us on the first lap, I will just restart the race. Those little admin controls greatly increase our enjoyment because we are just trying to have fun and take a break from the hyper competitive environment of iRacing, league racing, ect. These features seemingly being absent in AMS2 is the main reason I only have 3 hours in the title and my buddy hasn’t bought it yet. Is there a specific forum for feature requests and feedback?

2. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

You can become admin via the chat window using the admin password set in the server gui or plr file. Once you do you'll see a mark next to your name in the driver list.

Your votes, whether via the chat or ui or keybind, will become absolute. There is a listing of commands in the post linked below. The list originates in rfactor but most if not all of those listed should be available in ams1 too.

Admin Commands

3. codywar11

codywar11 New Member

I’m so dumb….I meant to post this in the AMS2 general forum.