1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. AxisMagi

AxisMagi Member AMS2 Club Member

Bravo Kuku! Cracked the centering code indeed. With car properly setup can finally
    throttle steer on the limit like the real deal. Super stoked, thanks for your work and
    collaboration to figure this out, I think Karsten will be pleased.

AMS2 is getting really good, have notice the great AI improvements.
    I was running your v2.0 with Formula Reiza at Spa and agree it works well with
    higher power steering running 40-50 with high down force cars. Now going to try
    v2.1 and see the difference.

Just tried it and definitely like the previous version a lot better. With the High End version
    and Simucube2 DD. your v2.1 feels hollow and details too sharp, not sure how else
    to describe, didn't have the smooth filled in feel. I can see how this could
    happen when tuning with a T500 wheel as there is a lot more wiggle room. I have both wheels and the difference is staggering. It's probably very difficult to tune the high end file without
    testing on a DD rig, you should get one you wont be disappointed! I really like the v2.0 file.

I'm also not feeling front tire lock up, going to try brake feel parameter, any other suggestions?
    Scrub?

Last edited: Aug 31, 2021
  2. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

thanks for the feedback, that seems odd that there a significant difference between v2 & 2.1 as the changes are so minor and shouldn’t effect the overall experience outside of oversteer situation. I’ll have to check it.
    I generally don’t run a lot of powersteer and get could brake feel .

Edit: Just did a back to back test of high end versions and they feel pretty much the same as expected, are you sure you weren't running the smoother T300 file beforehand ?

I’m joining the high class soon enough, maybe in about a month, have a Simagic Alpha mini on pre order. .

Last edited: Aug 31, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  3. AxisMagi

AxisMagi Member AMS2 Club Member

Yup you were right but something strange. I just tested again and had the same loss of rack feeling with 2.1, took out power steering from the equation and same deal. Then tried the 2.0 and had the rack feeling back, then tried 2.1 again and it worked as similar to 2.0. So not sure why happening, some quirk with the file loading perhaps. Glad to hear your getting a sweet DD. :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Magnus

Magnus Active Member

I’m also using the new CSL DD and @Kuku Maddog Delta X file - I just wanted to say thanks to both of you. Your settings were a brilliant starting point, i dropped down to 65/0/35/45. I’m not sure if 6/7 weeks of not driving or the extra power of the 8nm version over my old CSL Elite made it a shade too powerful for me (maybe I’ll end up bumping it back up once I’m back in the swing of things) but it feels superb.

The centring feels spot on too, wheelbase or file (or both?) I’m not sure but it feels fantastic.

…..just need to get my braking back on track. It’s scary how far off the pace you can drop after a few weeks away.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Jason Pladoh

Jason Pladoh Member

Hi,

A Big thankyou to all involved in this tuning file, It's made AMS2 really enjoyable for me. :)

I've read through the Delta x v2 file, and made a change for the kerb bumps, as I was getting Yeeted across the room if I got Aggressive on the Kerbs.

My only gripe now is Impact Hits, Sometimes I'll Slide off at the Hairpin at Imola 1972, Bump the Grass Embankment and It has to be a hands off the wheel or broken wrists. :).

Is there a Line in the file I can adjust to reduce the impact hit, or is it built into the game itself?

Thanx

Jason

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Rob Davies

Rob Davies Bobby Dazzler AMS2 Club Member

I too am a convert for the file and ready to start tweaking it… but not sure where to start. I’m on a DD1… maybe there’s a little beginners guide to what the basic variables are as a sticky post we could pull together? If you want less kerbs do this… if you want more tyre feel/scrub, try this etc…. Appreciate there’s some comments in the file itself but a cumulative of advice that you’ve given in posts might be worth it? What do you think?

Again, massive thank you for all the work and continued improvements with this. Transformed the game and my driving ability!

Last edited: Sep 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Gazzawesty

Gazzawesty Skunkedup AMS2 Club Member

Just want to also add that I am very grateful to the guys making these files. I use Peters file in my g27 and it is a game changer.

Thanks guys❤️

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  8. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

very good question..
    I don’t know myself sorry.
    i guess it’s not something that’s too much of a problem on low power wheels like mine.
    I’ve not seen anything obvious in file that would only impact on those impacts forces ,without perhaps impacting something else.

You could try increasing this lines value and see if it reduces the peak output of those moments without spoiling overall loads .
    limit_high_df 1.0) #Limits how stiff the steering becomes in high df cars.

I know it says high downforce cars limit but it may possibly just be a broader peak load artificial clip kinda like what Raceroom has with the max force adjustment.

But it’s just a guess to be honest. would need more guidance from authors.
    static force limit increases can do a similar thing and is something ive reduced quite a lot in this file from previous set ups. but could have a trade off ..

9. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Active Member AMS2 Club Member

If the limit downforce doesn't work for you, you might try to reduce the velocity values and see if that can control that spin off issue you mentioned.
    Example:
    (velocity_res_scale 0.6) #How much velocity affects resistance
    (velocity_res_offset 0.7) #How much resistance at velocity 0
    (vel_rot_scale 1.0)
    (vel_rot_limit_coef 1.0)

10. Jason Pladoh

Jason Pladoh Member

Hi, Thankyou for the suggestions, I'll give them a Try.

J

11. Michael Enright

Michael Enright Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I know I should know this, but, what does the relax setting do? eg. (center_relax 0.04) What does increasing and decreasing this value actually do? Thanks guys.

12. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Good day everyone :)

I have an old OSW, IONICUBE build, so I'm still with the trusty old MMoS firmware. I downloaded this file and chose the high end file. But it made my FFB very noisy, lots of vibrations everywhere, so I reverted back to the default one, which had much better results on my end. Is there other file I should use? Or should I try tweaking something that may suit my wheelbase better? If someone could point me in a direction that does not make me read 172 pages (of much needed discussion!), I will be grateful!

13. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

Did you by any chance leave FX really high? The slider is independent (cant remember if we changed it in the last one but i think it still is) from gain, so on a DD I would run this much lower, like 23-25 to avoid these situations. Unless Im misunderstanding. Never heard about the above OSW though so anything could happen I guess :)

• Like Like x 2
  14. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Thanks for answering. IIRC (haven't fired up AMS2 since the weekend), I have FX at or near 0. I tend to deactivate all effects in all titles besides main force gain and some damping, but then that's also a mistake of my part in guessing how the FFB system works instead of actually finding out.

My reference point on these tests was the Sauber C9 at Spa 93. I spent a couple of days working on a setup, as default one was too snappy and not fun to drive. When I finally got it working, lapping the car around the track felt wonderful, and I could feel what all 4 tyres were doing at all points, how much I was sliding, how much it was affecting the attack angle into corners, and how it was gripping the track or close to losing it. Now, it was a bit muddy, but still effective. So I wanted to try these files, but instead I got tons of vibrations everywhere and the progression of torque building was gone.

I'm pretty sure I'm using Gain at 100, Damping at 2 or 3, and the rest at 0. After reading a description that the car FFB multiplier acted as damping on these files, I reduced gain down to 50, and tried to play a bit with the multiplier, but it was just not working for me.

15. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

Hmm weird, FX 0 would technically remove all the "feelings" of the road and tyres. Did you try more?
    Damping slider acts as power steering, ie. more damping slider makes the steering torque progressively lighter the more you turn/go faster so thats also something that should or could be synched with the main gain slider. Unless your wheel base is super odd in some ways, you shouldnt really need to touch FFB multiplier much though, dont remember it acting as a dampener in the main Karsten's file but as said its been a long time :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Didn't try tweaking anything else, because at that moment I realized I had little idea of how AMS2's Custom FFB is supposed to work. So I just reverted back to default and came here asking for pointers. Now I have something to try :)

17. audio.pizarro

audio.pizarro New Member

To all of you having trouble with the G923, I've tried this custom FFB file and highly reccomend it:
    AMS 2 FFB - Fixed Lock-Stops & No Engine Vibration

It removes the constant rattling I had especially in the center, gives much weight to every car without making the gears do that rattle noise. Plus it feels just more precise than default or any other custom FFB. It removes the effect you feel constantly when rolling (which feels a bit like driving over dirt tracks on this wheel) but all other effects feel much better.

My in game settings are:
    Gain: 100
    LBF: 0
    FX: 100
    Damping: 0

18. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Just bumping this back to page 1. :)

• Useful Useful x 3
  19. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I belatedly congratulate @Kuku Maddog on his latest tuning of the 4.6 Delta v2.1 file with the implementation of the features of the 4.4 file (as well as all the others who have given feedback) ... the file is really nice and I think it is the current point of reference among the custom ffb files for the low end !!! :cool:

Having said that, not knowing what to do, I wanted to apply the same mechanism to the last original 4.6 by Karsten, implementing the relative items of the 4.4 tires but without importing the lines of code below the 4.4 (except in two cases that I was obliged) and leaving then (as far as possible) the original lines of 4.6. For example I have not entered the smoth or its values of 4.4 if different or not present in 4.6. I think I managed to get close to the kuku result but keeping the original 4.6 code as much as possible, I then entered some of your values that I shared (some by @Peter Stefani), I applied more or less my usual tuning, I rounded the relaxation curves, I changed the resistance of the tires, etc etc.

IMPORTANT:
    IF YOU OPEN THE FILE AFTER THE 3 MAIN DIALS I HAVE CHANGED THE ORDER OF THE ITEMS TO MAKE IT MUCH MORE SIMPLE TO IDENTIFY WHICH ITEMS TO EDIT BASED ON WHAT YOU WANT TO IMPROVE ... PLEASE ASSESS IF KARSTEN & CO. AND YOU AGREE THE POSSIBILITY OF APPLYING THIS ORDER FOR FUTURE FILES ... ESPECIALLY BEGINNERS (BUT NOT ONLY) WOULD BENEFIT SINCE THEY DON'T KNOW HOW TO MOVE IN THE FILE AND WHICH ITEMS TO EDIT.
    FOR THE REST THE FILE IS IDENTICAL

NAME: Silver Raw - rFuktor 4.6 KARSTEN GO BACK :D - Momentum Rack 6.3 - Tuned by Stakanov for Logitech G920 and LowEnd Wheels

In game setting, select "Custom" with this starting value:
    GAIN 95* - LFB 15 - FX 55 (to taste) - DP (PowerSteering) 25.
    *Then, in the car setting, use +/- % of Gain for car to taste!!! ;)

Others advise in the file!!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 28, 2021
    • Like Like x 7
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. Manolo

Manolo Member

Thanks @Stakanov the file is WOW ;) (i have the same wheel g920 :)) and i am new with custom file ... i'am a little confused, many voice, many value, but in this your file seem it is easier to understand what I should do or rather what or which area I modify!
    If i need can i ask you for help? :(

• Friendly Friendly x 1