1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMS2 Dedicated Server Tool / SteamCMD Support

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Dave Stephenson, May 29, 2020.

1. Roque Marco

Roque Marco New Member

Man, I'm already giving up, because I read the manual, set it up without using the Lua Script, I put the lane codes, vehicles and category, etc... I left only one lane, only one car and on the console everything ok, on the web everything ok but nothing from the server appears on the list! And connection port released, firewall released, I even disabled the firewall and the modem has the IP of the DMZ machine and nothing appears in the list!

2. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah i didn't setup any car or track in the server.cfg file, i select them using the webconfig

3. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

@Roque Marco

The content IDs you have listed in the config are not AMS2 content IDs so the game deems it an invalid config and doesn't list the server (pcars donor config?). Additionally I noted that it's set up with a whitelist. That may be intentional but if it isn't you'll want to remove that or make sure you are on the list.

With the dedi exe running you can access a complete list of IDs at the following urls:
    http://localhost:9000/api/list/tracks
    http://localhost:9000/api/list/vehicle_classes
    http://localhost:9000/api/list/vehicles

Also when adding additoinal flags you need to set a single number which is the sum of all the flags you wish to set as noted in the comment in the config file. So to set flags 1, 2, 8, 32 you would need to set the single value "flags": 43

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Roy Niessink

Just for my understanding, that are the lanes he talked about, and the cars in its config, thats kinda why a suggested to start over with a default server.cfg, did not know that was old pcars code though

5. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

In the context it was in I took it as a wonky translation of track/circuit

• Like Like x 1
  6. luismesquita

luismesquita New Member

I have a dedicated server and I would like to put a second instance. How should I proceed. it's possible?

7. Roy Niessink

I havent tried it myself, but if you copy the server folder to a different location, use different ports, it might work, assuming you can run 2 instances off the server's exe, remember to forward the different ports if needed in your router.

8. luismesquita

luismesquita New Member

Thanks I'll try

9. luismesquita

luismesquita New Member

It worked !!! Thank you for your help!!

• Like Like x 1
  10. mister dog

mister dog Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Is this a thing? My server host in the US says everything looks fine on his end but me being based in the EU cannot see the server in the list. If the game filters out dedicated servers with a worse ping that would be quite the handicap for some international racing outside of P2P.

11. Roy Niessink

Yeah i experienced the same, lobby created by someone in australia and im in the netherlands and cannot see his lobby,or can see it but not join, through his steam i was able to join though

• Like Like x 1
  12. mister dog

AMS2 doesn't appear as a filter in 'steam servers' neither so no way to find out there. Could the devs give us some more insight on this matter please? Are higher ping servers invisible on dedi?

If I remember right this was a PC2 thing too that servers didn't show up for some folk, and they could only join when you clicked 'join game' or one of your steam buddies that did manage to get in send you an invite.

13. DaWorstPlaya

DaWorstPlaya Active Member

@Dave Stephenson
    My sim racing group just tried AMS2 with a DS and what a different 8 months has made. The silly AI issue is gone and the "Ready Race Input button" is working great. Great job!

We tried a multi-class race (2 classes) and noticed under the "Default" grid options it mixed the grid with cars from both classes. There was no option on the server to set the grid by class. Meaning faster cars take the front of the grid and slower cars take the back part of the grid. I know that was the default option in PCars2.

Would it be possible to add the option "By class" to the grid drop down menu to grid the cars with the faster cars in the front of the grid, followed by slower classes further down the grid based on class?

Please keep up the good work, the title is really starting to shape up to be something special. Thanks in advance!

14. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

SMS never supported "steam servers" functionality.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. mister dog

Looks like it indeed, so how about dedi servers not showing up for out of continent people, does it hide them?

16. Wolfgang Herold

don't know.
    Don't think it's out of the continent.
    I'm in Europe and can see servers from Brasil and USA.
    Also can participate in beta sessions driven by Reiza themselfes.
    So there must be another reason.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Roy Niessink

Hey all,

I am currently having a weird track selection issue with the dedicated server, there are some tracks i cannot select, which i could select a week ago, like for example spa, i made sure i set it to less then the maximum amount of slots, but somehow it reverts to adelaide, even after restarting the server, i cant get my head around what is causing this issue.

Anyone else experience the same at the moment?

It must have something to do with the max client number, set that to 10 now and it works

Edit2: all seems to work now, very strange.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Wolfgang Herold

you cannot select tracks with lower amount of pits than 'max client' set.

19. Roy Niessink

That was not the issue, i have max clients set to 32, and when i select a track with lower amount of pits it turns down the maximum number of opponents, it just started to work again after my post lol

20. Wolfgang Herold