1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multiplayer ranking system?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by F1 Hero, Jul 20, 2020.

1. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Understood. I was speaking in context of a "vote to kick system" and players/hosts taking that more seriously, not the aggressive drivers taking the races more seriously.

As far as aggressive driving is concerned, F1 and its "quick race" system is the worst I have ever encountered. ACC is pretty bad as well because one intentional incident only docs the aggressor 1 rating, which can be relatively easy to make up, even in SP mode.

I watch knucklehead iracing youtube videos all the time, so I know it exists there too. Perhaps thats a consequence of having a very active MP. You can mess up, wreck half the field, quit and be in another race relatively soon. AMS2 isn't even close to that yet. Maybe years.

2. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

OK I havent thought about it that way. But you are probably right that because its so easy to get out of one race just to join a new one then you dont have to speculate to much if you destroy someone elses race.
    Except the impact this attirude have on your personal safety rating - if this is your general behaviour. ;)

3. SebWizterTv

SebWizterTv Member

Alright any new yet when rankning comes? so i can swtich back to ams2?

4. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Probably end of the year or next year. Be patient. :D

5. Testeagle

Testeagle Member

No ranking or career is why hardly anyone plays so no sales i'll bet I'm bitterly disappointed because I paid for a almost dead game with bugs.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. XettMan

XettMan Active Member

December, not before.
    So for me I stored AMS 2 and will touch it again when ranked MP is implemented.

7. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Maybe a bit of patience will help. Also, may I suggest league racing as a solution until the ranking is implemented? League racing usually is quite clean even without ranking. Plus looking at other sims like iracing and ACC it is not like the ranking is really making public lobby much better...

8. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

I really hope there will be some interactive development cycles for the AMS 2 system. This is an extremely tricky area to get right, but it is essential to make MP usable for any people above the dimwit category. I am sure lots of us on here could provide feedback on what works and doesn't work in the world of the other sims.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ViggenAJ37

ViggenAJ37 New Member

That's good to hear that the function is coming! Late 2020/early 2021 isn't that far away now, and I'm looking forward to that. I'm just worried about one thing... I sometimes have "homework" from my job, in which I must translate documents or plan investments in things like this Riga property, and these won't be going anywhere if there's a ranked mode in the game :whistle:

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Nicolas Cortes

Nicolas Cortes New Member

09/2021 and no ranked racing. This is why A2 is dead, not actually born.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

troll allert. at least his first message. And still so wise ;)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Ok so i had 30 odd people in my lobbies 4 nights in a row because its dead?

The game isnt dead, but i get that there are people who only wanna do ranked races, other only wanna do timetrial, to each their own i guess

13. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

AMS2 is definitely not dead, it is actually growing indeed!

Unfortunately its growth is happening based on the popularity of the GT3/GTE classes, which is a huge shame imho

So many jewels in AMS2 end up forgotten in MP because people only crave for the same: GT3/GTE.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Roy Niessink

Yeah thats true, mostly when you do other stuff you get instant empty lobbies, i do love the gte especially, but ams2 has much more nice cars to offer

• Like Like x 1
  15. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

The whole Multiplayer Rating system is an e-sports phenomenon. Since I'm not into that, since I hardly can invest more than 2h a week, and prefer private lobbies, I don't need it, AND I want the option that it will not be forced on me.

And im sure there are a lot of customers like me, that are a silent majority, because what I see in MP lobbies is 80 Players in totat at best, half of them in passworded lobbies.

I simply can't see how a forced rating system should improve that. In the contrary!

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Roy Niessink

Well, i would be surprised if they force a ranked system on every lobby, a system like for example raceroom has would have a greater chance, some ranked and some unranked, also that you get the option if you want your lobby to be ranked or not, so you can have some fun races with friends without worrying about rating

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  17. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

In my opinion, the rating system itself is not the heart of the MP system. The scheduled races are.

This feature already exists in the shape of SRS, however the whole thing is not very well integrated with the game at all, and that didn't help its popularity.

If Reiza adds an entry to the main menu (or a new tab in the game menu), kind of what ACC does, with scheduled races we would be able to plan our race sessions and, theorically, it would help to populate lobbies.

Another good thing about scheduled races would be more diversity to the combos. Every new day I hop in into the servers list I get more and more annoyed with the GT3/GTE classes. Personally I find those cars bland to drive (not only in AMS2, but in all sims). I can't find them very fun, especially when we have FVee, FTrainers, Stock99, current Stocks, FVintages, etc... I understand most people love them and thats fine, but racing only them is a little too much.

• Agree Agree x 5
  18. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

eSports will be the death of AMS 2 and Simracing in general. While there might be more money involved etc etc it attracs all kind of people who want/do stuff to get money. See Twitch as an example; started out as gaming stream-website, got bought by Amazon and now it's showing twerking half-nude girls, teenagers barely 11 years old, druggies and all kiond of other stuff. Similar with hosting eSport events where all kind of people want something from you. Don't forget the awfull meta-gaming/min-maxing, things getting dumbed down and all that. Or even worser.. Skins that worth 10000+ euro in CSGO and other weird events where you get stuff.

Anyway. I am happy with Simracing, but I rather have it as some kind of privelege/small world with people that are enthousiastic and welcome new people. While things develop and we get awesome hardware. Too much I've seen my hobby's or websites I like being dumbed down because the mainstream got access to it. see Tweakers.net for example. It was once hardcore. Now it's just average Joe-website where you can even make a topic like: 'Help, how do I wash my car the best?'

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Lab Pong

Lab Pong OG Sim'er

My P2P lobbies are usually well attended. We run mainly 2021 Stock cars, GT1, Porsche Cups, and a couple others. But there are some track and or cars that if some see them....do not want to race. Like euro tracks for some reason.......tend to scare some away...lol

But the second I put up the stock cars on Brazil tracks......the lobby fills quickly. lol
    And I do like the 2021 stock cars...they drive really well and have great sound.

20. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Call it an unpopular opinion, but I'm not seeing ranked multi as a necessity. In fact, quite the opposite as it's frustrating losing ranking points after being involved in an accident that wasn't my fault. This removed a lot of fun from ACC as often races required grinding up to re join high ranked lobbies.

Idiots will be there and no ranking system would remove them altogether. At the same time it prevents those clean, Sunday drivers from joining lobbies with decent folk due to no time for grinding. Don't get me wrong, I see benefits of ranking system, but it adds another element to fragment the already fragmented multiplayer community.

That's off my chest now :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1