1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VR Discussions, Questions & Feedback

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Ochilbaz

Ochilbaz Active Member

Right regarding nvidia control panel I have set all settings now as yours but on antialiasing transparency setting I have no option?? It says OFF with no drop down facility to set it to anything else and I notice you have a setting of 8x super sampling…..how did you get that?

Thanks in advance
    Baz

2. pRoject

pRoject New Member

Hi guys, i cant start the AMS2 on VR, other sims works and start fine but AMS2 is start only single screen, can anyone help me please?

3. Steve Young

Steve Young Active Member

Go in your documents folder and delete graphicsconfigdx11 and graphicsconfigopenvrdx11
    It should boot into VR then. you will have to redo all your settings.
    if that doesn't work then try deleting the whole documents/Automobilista 2 folder. back up that folder just in case to save you time.

4. Steve Young

Ochilbaz, It's just part of the Antialiasing mode.
    If I turn that off it's greyed out.
    I have the option to go Application controlled, Off, Enhance the Application, Or Override any Application.
    Antialiasing Settings go from Application controlled 2X-8X Super Sampling
    Antialiasing Transparency goes from Application controlled, Multisample, 2X-8X (supersample)
    It just might be certain cards get certain functions?

5. museumsteve

museumsteve New Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for the pointers Steve. After my first G2 failing in the first week of launch last year I've finally bought one again and decided to treat myself to a new PC to go with it. PC only arrived this week but tonight I've played with the settings and OpenVR FSR, as per your posts, and been enjoying locked 90hz with everything on high, steamVR at 100% and per application at 150%. I will play with the sharpness a bit but I'm very pleased.
    Not sure if I missed anything but the settings in nvidia control panel, can they be applied to program settings rather than global? Not sure if the changes will matter to non VR stuff.

6. Steve Young

Absolutely. Glad it helped Out.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rob Davies

Rob Davies Bobby Dazzler AMS2 Club Member

I think I’m gonna change my name to Steve to get the best out of this game :)

Did more playing and have got OpenVR FSR nicely tuned for my G2. I’m running 0.7 render scale, 0.3 radius (you can see the radius effects by turning debug on and the sweet spot on G2 is small so 0.3 fine vs 0.5 and gives some benefit) and sharpness still at 0.9. Steam global at 100%, per game at 150%

this nets be fab performance in all but the most demanding conditions night/wet (have to go back to 100% SS) but only at 45fps repro (which I’m ok with)

Arw you Steve’s getting this performance in all weathers at 90fps? Or just dry/day?

Thanks

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Steve Young

Night, Wet I think we all struggle with.. I don't use reprojection.. If I see it coming on I turn some SS down.

9. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

How are you finding the image quality using FSR? I did some quick testing yesterday but need to do more. I have an Index and use the same 150 SS in Steam that you do. I have very few issues in daytime in the dry but night in the rain is a struggle. So my testing was done at midnight in a thunderstorm. FSR really helped performance but the image quality hit seemed quite drastic mainly on the dash of the Porsche GT3 - even when bumping FSR render scale to 90. Don't know whether the image sharpening in the game config isn't playing nicely with FSR - I have that at 0.8

10. Rob Davies

Rob Davies Bobby Dazzler AMS2 Club Member

I’ve come to like it in the v1.1 mod. I think NuScorpi pointed out the render scale is a scalar, so you can’t compare the look of 0.8 with 80% SS (vs 100%) as there’s something like 10% less pixels.

I’m ok with 0.7 given the 150% in steam (I’ve only got to 100 before) - but I’m running MSAA high and have turned off sharpening in the .xml, as upscaling an already sharpened image and then applying sharpening in the mod will produce a look with more artefacts.

Perhaps try turning in game sharpening off and MSAA high and see?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Gagaryn

Yes, will try turning off the sharpening - already using MSAA high. Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Chip

Chip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Dumb question, but where is this “debug” feature you speak of in order to enable the radius effect of FSR v1.1 for AMS2?

13. Steve Young

Open the fsr config file with notepad.. Read it

14. Steve Young

Last edited: Sep 6, 2021
  15. Chip

Chip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks, I wasn't by my gaming PC, so I was going from memory on the v1.0 config file. Makes sense it wasn't in that file.

16. Steve Young

:)

17. patrick le

patrick le New Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks @Steve Young @Chip @NuScorpii @Rob Davies !!

I'm running a RTX 3080 and applied the changes mentioned (reinstalled nvidia driver with NVCleanstall, disabled HAGs (hardware accelerated GPU), game mode, indexing) and happy to report that on 120% SS, MSAA high, and game med/high settings things look great. Anybody else have a RTX 3080?

My attempts before with FSR 1.1 was at 60% SS. I did have HAGs on my previous test and I think really should be disabled. With HAGs enabled I got really bad reprojection and GPU timing was all over the place.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2021
  18. Gagaryn

I had more time for testing yesterday and have now configured it in a way that I am happy with.

I thought I was being clever by running a lower resolution and having FSR do less upscaling - I was using 150 SS and had manually set the FSR render scale to 0.90. The end result was not great.

I'm now using 190 SS and have left the render scale at 0.77 AND reduced the AMS2 graphics config sharpening to 0.4 and it looks good and can easily maintain 90 FPS in the dry (frame rate below 8 ms so plenty headroom) and still maintain 90 FPS almost always at night in heavy rain - frame times can jump to the high 10ms and occasionally into the 11 ms (first corner with full field behind) so rate drops a bit but it is for short periods only and without FPSVR running I can't really tell. All testing done with MSAA high BTW.

Thanks to @NuScorpii for his work on this - it works great.

• Like Like x 1
  19. patrick le

patrick le New Member AMS2 Club Member

What GPU do you have? What in game settings are you using- med/high/ultra or a mix of them?

20. Steve Young

You know you got the sim properly setup, When the car your following kicks up a chunk of rubber and you throw your head to the left or right as to not get hit by it. :cool:

• Like Like x 4