1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Paddles (Fanatec DD1 Multiple Wheels)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by TRCB, Sep 4, 2021.

1. TRCB

TRCB Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey All

since 1.2.3.1 my paddles no longer work in game. Neither the "seq shifter" or the paddles on the wheels (Formula V1, BMW GT, XBOX HUB). H-Pattern shifter still works.

The controls can be mapped ingame, but but when I try to drive, nothing.

to save some to and fro questions and comments

Yes, they work in every other game (ACC/RF2/AC/Dirt/Beam etc etc)
    Yes, I tried 4 different wheel with paddles same issue.
    Yes, I tried deleting the entire automobilsta documents folder and reassigning from scratch
    Yes, I even tried defining the controller as custom and remapping everything
    Yes, I tried steam file repair
    Yes, power cycled wheel, and PC.

No I didnt try reinstal the entire game to solve this.

Literally happened after the 1.2.3.1 update.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. TRCB

OK. Solution below.

Fanatec DD users wil be aware for some reason there are two devices listed in your device manager and in most games settings, and in many if the device order gets swapped you will see joy1 X+ being mapped as joy2 X+ instead for the DD and its wheels.

In AMS2 it appear like no matter what you do, the paddles Joy4 and Joy5 are ALWAYS mapped to the one device only, while other controls do get remapped, leading to the issue above where the game will allow you to map the paddles, will show they are mapped, but, in game they will not work as they are looking at the wrong device for these two controls (and maybe others?)

The only fix i have found is to force the usb to swap device location, with dd1 plugged in, plug in any other controller (an xbox controller in my case), unplug the dd1 usb, reboot windwos, plug the dd1 back in. Unplug the xbox controller and fire up Automobilista and now the paddles will work as well.

This solves a very old issue for me that everytime I plug my flight sim yoke into the pc, AMS2 controls have to get remapped for teh DD.

Unsure why only the paddles are affected in AMS2 though, but suspect its an issue unique to AMS2 as in other games no matter the uuid or order of controllers all the controls map correctly. Maybe a glitch in the code that writes the controller setting? Are they exposed as a edittable file anywhere so that if this happens again i can just add the correct device to the joy4/5 buttons?

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Steve Lewis

Steve Lewis New Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for this, seems there are some annoying issues for user with the latest AMS2 release.

I have the same issues with my CSL-DD, I can map the paddles to up/down in configuration but once in game they do nothing.
    Strangely buttons 0/1 work will work as view left/right but then don't work when mapped to gear shifting

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. TRCB

has anyone found a configuration file that lists out the bindings so we can manually edit in the correct controls? perhaps a decrytption tool for the player.sav and/or controls.sav files? (until this gets resolved)

5. Steve Lewis

• Like Like x 1
  6. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I see fanatec has a new driver, maybe that could help with the issue?

7. Steve Lewis

I've tried 4.12, no change. Still can't use the paddles with driving.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Boomer Studios

Boomer Studios New Member

I have a similar issue, only with the paddles working but my Fanatec Shifter not. I can map the Shifter on the edit screen and it registers as buttons 28 and 29, and the paddles are 4 and 5. But when I get in the car, the paddles still shift, while the shifter does nothing. The shifter is connected to the DD1 and not a separate USB connection.

9. TRCB

new driver same issue, its a AMS side issue, the othert games work fine. no matter which driver.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. marc woolery

marc woolery New Member

OMG i thought surely this would be resolved in V 2 I have AMS1 and it drives me nuts.. not only that but the lack of any ability to search for key bindings ? and if you get in to a key to bind and exit with ESC the mapping disappears - which means you have to find a key layout for the device cuz you gotta know what # that button is that will eject your passenger (and not the driver) ?? !!! this cant be true in AMS2 also is i t? say it aint so !??

11. Aaron Green

Aaron Green Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Any resolution on this? Trying to set up my CSW 2.5 with little success. I can map the paddles to be a particular gear and it picks it up and actually selects that gear, but trying to use it as a paddle shifter as it's intended? No dice. Bit silly really.