1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 September 2021 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Sep 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think the snow, if properly implemented would look like this:
    [​IMG]

In which case it's not worth it IMHO :whistle:

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Funny Funny x 10
    • Like Like x 2
  2. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Nothing makes everyone happy but eventually we should have the ability to totally customize AI grids in custom championships/races. If ballast and restrictor control were adjustable, we could make our own BoP quite easily. For online, if the host had the same capability that would also help. Of course it wouldn't help time trial but that brings us back to the first sentence.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

in case of most circuits we have in AMS2, you are right.
    On the other side, in PC2 there were some really nice snow/ice tracks, where it was really fun to drive with the right cars and tires. Especially the Audi Quattro S1 was great :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Absolutely, maybe eventually there will be more cars/tracks to utilise this. However, given how much people drive in rain the amount of people driving in snow will be even less. Vast majority would try it once and come back to dry, rubbered track settings to pile up fast laps.

If it's on the Reiza's roadmap it's fine with me, however there are better things to focus on. Maybe towards the end of lifecycle...

5. Tiago Ribeiro

Tiago Ribeiro You must first finish AMS2 Club Member

I wonder if they will bring the 1970 layout or the 1975 one, with the bus stop chicane at the Masta Kink.

6. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

IIRC wasn't the chicane never actually used on safety grounds?

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

The classic Spa 1970 Layout would be a perfect substitute for the unavailable Le Mans.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

What was the PC2 version (year) of the spa historical track? My money is on it being the same with some graphical tweaks.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Tiago Ribeiro

Tiago Ribeiro You must first finish AMS2 Club Member

Yep and my hope is they take it into account as I’m craving for the 1970 version :)

10. CatAstrophe05

"Using a layout that never was raced on doesn't seem like the most productive usage of track additions" was my initial thought until I realised I'm the same guy who would donate a few organs to get a good version of the original Lime Rock mountain circuit :p
    Or Lime Rock in it's modern configuration works too, maybe in a future R-USA
    Back on topic though, at least we ARE getting a vintage Spa, while I feel like it's much more likely that they'll just use the pre-bus stop layout, you never know what Reiza are gonna add next

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  12. CatAstrophe05

For context- by "used" I meant raced, although the confirmation it does, in fact, exist is handy given I couldn't find any pictures of that section circa '75

13. DjFIL007

DjFIL007 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

You know races can easily be set as “Identical” (Single Make) instead of “Single Class” (AI menu) right? This also applies to the time trial leaderboards (filter at top right, vehicle vs class). It’s just easier to make an already full roster slightly more organized by keeping them grouped for now.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Marcos Santiago

Marcos Santiago Member AMS2 Club Member

Maybe the new Autodromo Potenza could be a good addition in the future, looks good. ! :whistle: Copa Truck will race there In october 3
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 13
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. CatAstrophe05

Does remind me of how I always wanted the ability to completely customise classes/grids though, like say for instance if you wanted some WEC-style stuff you could specifically select the Ginettas as the P1s to avoid the Metalmoros for realism, and also custom class sizes that aren't just equal splits so like 5 P1s, 3 P2s and like 15 GT3s or something

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

@Marcos Santiago Looks like it was once a beautifull hill. Then some hardcore racers came.. digged and ruined it. But to be fair the circuit looks fun, tho. Would be a great addition to the sim.

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

A '60s Ford Falcon or even Mustang against a Mini would be replicating vintage touring car racing, but the C3 we're talking about is the next generation. It'd be like if the Group C and GT1 cars were in the same class, or the Formula Vintage and Formula Retro.

Personally, I'd suggest split them and people could combine how they wish. Especially if there's a mid-70s BMW with a turbo on it coming in a future update.

@Tiago Ribeiro I've driven along that road plenty of times in my life and never knew there was a chicane there. Interestingly, to nerds, the 1930s layout had a chicane at Malmedy that wasn't used after the war (and of course had a slower Eau Rouge hairpin too).

Last edited: Sep 9, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. CatAstrophe05

Now that I think about it, did the 2002 Turbo ever actually race in TC races? (In the spec it's in in the Reiza pics at least)
    This is the same class pitting 23s against Minis against C3 Corvettes though so I feel as though it doesn't matter since the class is practically anarchic at this rate :p

19. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah it would be like a class with Group A touring cars, mid-90's Ferraris/Porsches and Group C cars racing against each other:

Oh wait.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-JIIIIIIIIIIII-RAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

There will never be a car as awesome as an R32. This is the hill I will die on.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.