1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.3.0 RELEASED - Now updated to V1.2.3.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 30, 2021.

1. morpwr

morpwr Active Member AMS2 Club Member

They dont and these guys put ALOT of work into them. They arent just rebodied cars.

• Like Like x 3
  2. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

This is what I thought... Wouldn't have made a stink about it if I didn't think it was quality content.
    Hardly took a couple laps to reach that conclusion.
    That Alpine feels as good to me as anything of the sort, bar no title.
    Modelling and cockpit really nicely done... Maybe a little too much outside engine audio drowning out everything else?(AC mods suffer from this at times)

• Like Like x 1
  3. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Okay, i have been using toe in on front and toe out on rear to settle things down, shows how much I know, lol

4. Alwin Papegaaij

Alwin Papegaaij Active Member

If your car doesn't want to steer into a corner you can use your toe out on the front (0.1 - 0.2° usually) to increase steering sensitivity.
    A lot of race cars use toe out on the front.

Use toe in on the front if you spin out frequently

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. Shodan0000

Shodan0000 Active Member

I use toe in on the rear if I spin out frequently is that wrong?

6. Serta Farenz

Serta Farenz Member AMS2 Club Member

After we tested the Jaguar, we got sent links from the developers, the Alpine being one of them.

Allow me to withheld the link until we've tested the mod and discussed any issues with the developers, which is what we do if and when we encounter them, to allow for a resolution of bugs or anything else before we make them public.

Of course, you already are aware of Project Cars Modding Team, which is where you will find the most mods at the moment, truth to be told.

I have experience driving (older) Alpine 110 and can say that this one felt very similar to RL.
    And wrt to this car, it did feel very similar to the versions you can find on ACC and rFactor 2.

We've already been asked a couple of times about where to find AMS2 mods and may open either a chat on our discord or a specific forum on our website...

• Like Like x 2
  7. Alwin Papegaaij

Alwin Papegaaij Active Member

Not at all, that is a very good way to increase stability of your car.
    Just remember that increasing toe (both in and out) will increase the temperature and wear of your tires

• Like Like x 1
  8. gvse

gvse Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Apologies for further derailing the thread, but since you guys started discussing Project Cars Modding Team (which used to be JDougNY and I, and now just me) mods, I wanted to clarify some things:
    1. ALL cars at the blog have discreet and unique physics, which are supposed to replicate, as far as we can, the behavior of real life equivalents (we input specsheets data, impressions of established car journalists, etc. and test, test, and test with several kind people).
    2. Also mods by robillard3381 (the Alpine) and Latapi have unique physics
    3. The blog has a comments option (in News section) where you can leave feedback, etc. In this way you can reach me directly instead of relying on hearsay from Facebook pages

That's it. If you have more comments/questions about these mods then please use an old Modding thread here at the General Forum or use the blog comments section.

• Like Like x 17
  9. Serta Farenz

Serta Farenz Member AMS2 Club Member

I have to thank you twice: Once for clarifying, and second for the mods. I am in awe at every mod a mod maker does and thankful that you all let us enjoy the sims a little bit more with every mod.

THANK YOU!

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Ribeiros

Ribeiros Active Member

I would love to have yhe formula cars from Race Sim Studio in ams2 officially via a deal between reiza and rss or via mod, those cars sound and feel amazing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I am in the ballpark of no mods, until the end of the product. ;) So Reiza can concentrate on the sim without worrying others will do stuff.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I tend to agree.. Let's give Reiza a chance to develop their product and reap the benefits of their work, then once the development cycle is completed it makes sense to have the title completed by modders so that they do not eat into the developers revenues with "unfair" competition.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah i am curious about how Reiza thinks about this, if i recall correctly they started as a mod group back in the day creating mods for rfactor i believe.

14. gvse

gvse Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I have faith in Reiza and believe they're in a league of their own, where they don't give 2 poops about a random modder putting out some cars. Even if overlap happens at some point in the future, people would need to be insane (or not care at all) not to buy the devs' product. You need to bear in mind that theirs' will always be superior vehicles, as modders cannot realistically add custom sounds to this game (nor custom tires, ha, not to mention custom tracks!). These limitations alone (going back to PC2) make any original Reiza product more complete than mods.
    I see mods as a supplement, not as competition.

Btw, I think the term "unafair competition" is better suited to Amazon driving local shops out of business.

• Like Like x 3
  15. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

I am one of the few people who doesn't care about mods. For me, Rieza are delivering a nice mix of different disciplines. So long as they get them right, I won't miss mods myself. That's my personal opinion of course. I am not sayin they should not support mods, just I don't care either way.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Marius H

[​IMG]@Reiza if I give you 10 euro, can you put this on the banner at the end of Nord? Till end of year perhaps? :D
    Would be totally awesome! :hurrayreiza:

Last edited: Sep 10, 2021
  17. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

GP79 .... Mega!
    [​IMG]

18. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I think the pic upload went wrong there?

19. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Buenos Aires and Dijon-Prenois would be nice to drive in AMS2, I particularly appreciate the latter!

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Marius H

I guess sooo... There it is.

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 1