1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Racing with headlights on

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Lab Pong, Sep 10, 2021.

1. Lab Pong

Lab Pong OG Sim'er

I know it is my fantasy....but I want:

The ability to have a toggle in the P2P servers that allows the host to "turn off" headlights during a day race. I do not like racing and looking in my rear-view and seeing one car with lights on and then I cant see if anyone is around them...and it is a optical irritation like brights behind you at night time too.

Why do so many people race with their lights on in daylight? Do they not know they are on?

The headlights should be used for low light, alert flashing, and not day time racing.

Rant off....sorry. lol

2. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't think people know that their lights are on. There is no hud icon indicating so, and light information is not transmitted via pc2 telemetry either. Only in some cars do the cockpits light up, and many don't

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

People see you better when you have the lights on.
    Some people get a little nervous when you drive behind them, when you have your lights on, that effect is a little bigger, and if you take turns putting them on and off, that effect is even greater.
    And it looks nicer when the cars have the lights on.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

BMW driver in the house. :)

5. Silvano

Silvano Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree with this, is it so hard to make a light in cockpit to indicate when its on ?
    As a workaround i use the button of views and i look at the behind view just to be sure.

6. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

I don't see what the issue is with having lights on in daytime. I don't find it distracting. As long as people don't flash (or strictly use flashing for its purpose in Multiclass racing), it doesn't bother. It's not like we are actually being hit by those massive beams in our real life mirrors.

However I do wonder if gfx settings might have influence on the intensity of the beam.

7. Lab Pong

Lab Pong OG Sim'er

Yes....especially in VR.

8. neal

neal Active Member AMS2 Club Member

so because you don't find a problem with it no one else should.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

First of all I had no idea that this was in VR and secondly I never said anything about not doing anything. I simply said “I don’t see what the problem is” because I didn’t understand it until the very crucial info of “it’s in VR” came up. But hey nice assumption you got going on there.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

and if someone has a problem with it, why should some other one not have it on if he wants to.
    Though there is no indicator, you see on/off on most cars by lit instruments.
    And for me thats the reason to turn it on most time. Some of the instruments are better to read.
    BTW. some series IRL are allways on ;)

11. Lab Pong

Lab Pong OG Sim'er

Yea....for me it is def a prob in VR compared to using my triple pancakes.

I would be super happy if Reiza implemented an auto dimming rear view mirror.
    Manual or electric is fine......lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Gazzawesty

Gazzawesty Skunkedup AMS2 Club Member

It doesn't have to be dark... If a car behind you has lights on any time of the day the frame rate tanks.