Steering (synch virtual and physical wheel)

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by DAU Racer, Nov 1, 2016.

1. DAU Racer

DAU Racer New Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi guys,

I havent used Automobilista for some time and wanted to try now the Brit Pack. But now I have a small issue with my steering wheel (a Fanatec CSW v1). Somehow the steering is 'off', it did not feel right so I enabled the wheel animation again and recognized that the virtual wheel is not synched with my physical wheel. So if I steer 180° with my physical wheel the virtual wheel rotates less. I have the 'Enable Custom Streering Range' set to 'No'. I can get the correct feel back with adjusting the steering lock in the setup, but the synch is still off and I had not to do this in the past.

It seems is extremer the lesser the wheel rotation of the car gets (really intense on the Karts).

Any idea what could be wrong?

Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
  2. Supa

Supa Active Member AMS2 Club Member

You need to check ingame what the wheel rotation is set to and ensure that the steering degrees match as in 900/30 or 540/24 etc under the general tab I think!

3. DAU Racer

But I haven't entered anything manually, I have the 'Enable Custom Streering Range' set to 'No' so basically the game decide on my range.

4. Le_Poilu

Le_Poilu Member AMS2 Club Member

Does it do it all the time ?

With my CSW V2, when I enter a session (SP or MP) the first time with a new car it doesn't set the right steer angle. I have to go back to pit menu, and then only after that the steer angle will match between my wheel and the car.

PS: are your fanatec driver and firmware up to date ?

• Like Like x 1
  5. DAU Racer

Update driver and firmware fixed it! Thanks for the idea. Did actually not know that there was a new set available, thought I did check it recently!

6. Auduns75

Auduns75 RWB Audi AMS2 Club Member

Hi
    Check if steering assistance in driving aids has switched itself on, happened to me earlier, and had a couple of hours with loud swearing while recalibrating my wheel and reinstalling drivers..

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. Supa

Supa Active Member AMS2 Club Member

One important thing to remember is to always delete your old user profile when an update comes out. A new one is created when you start the game!!