1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Feature Request Thread...

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Alwin Papegaaij

Alwin Papegaaij Active Member

I usually use a different setup for the qualifying than for the race. It's more nimble and therefore less stable.

That does bring me to another wish:
    More characters for the saving system to create a clearer save per setup.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

For some reason I thought we only had one setup slot per track?
    Agree re more characters for names, more pit strategy slots and characters would be nice too.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

General:
    Realistic weather forecast for each session, complete with "rain probability", plus your engineer providing a weather forecast as well ("possible rain in 30 minutes"; "heavy rain imminent"). Would be cool if it wasn't always accurate. Perfect would be some kind of "weather radar screen" where you could see whether there was any rain close nearby in the pits.

Addition of Safety Cars after crashes and/or because of debris on the track.

Addition of marshals or a crane removing stationary cars (would be perfect if historic cars did not get removed, as they often just remained on or next to the track back in these days).

Addition of red flags if track is blocked, with an ability to determine in the game's rule system whether the following restart will be behind the Safety Car or a normal start.

Custom Championship Tool:
    Ability to add 3rd race

Abiltiy to mandate reverse grid for the second race, with an ability to determine how many positions are going to be reversed

Trophies being awarded after a won championship

Ability to set up a one-shot-qualifying with only one flying lap

Ability to set up an elimination qualifying divided in several parts (like current F1 qualifying).

Ability to determine one's own points system, including the amount of points for qualifying/fastest lap.

Offline Racing
    AI strength helper that provides you an estimation on how much slower/faster the AI are going to be when set to a different strength:
    EG: "100" would be determined as "0". If the AI gets 2 seconds slower when set to "90", then there should be an information that says "-2". If the AI gets 1 second faster when set to "110", there should be a "+1", etc pp.

Performance sliders divided by "braking performance", "straight performance", and "acceleration performance". My biggest gripe with the AI is that they often are horribly slow under braking, but insanely fast on corner exit. If sliders like these were available (or even possible), I could adjust these things to my liking in order to get a better experience. We already do that with AI aggression, why not divide different parts of the driving?

I guess I'd be very happy with an AI braking at 115% performance, but accelerating at 90%.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 5
  4. iskelmaikel

iskelmaikel New Member

Disable or ghost vehicles when respawning as you now sometimes get orbited into space with full damage when a car respawns into you

5. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  6. LooseyMoosey

LooseyMoosey Member

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Jason Pladoh

Jason Pladoh Member

Would like to Have a DLC Pack to save the Cockpit View Personal Settings when reusing the same car.

This would save having to set the cockpit view in the same car every time I get in.

Ta

Jason

8. Rando1

Rando1 New Member

Please let us use trackir/opentrack without having to launch the sim on VR mode.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Ribeiros

Ribeiros Active Member

Request Title: Graphical upgrades/ Fixes/ audio
    Description: the ability to increase shadow distance and resolution separate, redo the water spray and water drops from rain, as it doesn`t look nice and it is very heavy new exhaust flames, make it a little more realistic. For the GTE class/Dpi put the glowing numbers on doors and front glass to look more similar to the real one/ AMD FSR support too.
    Replay cameras could zoom less in the cars so we could see more of the other cars nearby more often.
    the audio part could use a higher bitrate for car sounds, the lobby sound too, a little bit more reverb for onboard audio so it doesn't sound so muffled, some cars have some poor audio bitrate. chase camera car sounds are so disconnected from the track, feels like the cars are in a box and not on a track, the sound could blend in more with track sound and world sound too.
    Benefits: it would improve the looks in the game, performance, make it more realistic looking, very good for immersion, and attractive for new players.
    I love the game, but the little details make a big difference in the end.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. lsmanley

lsmanley Member

We have 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's & early 00's F1 but in the custom championships we don't have the correct scoring systems for those series. We either need them as a default or just have the ability to create our own scoring systems. Anyway, for 60's, 70's and 80's F1 it's:

1st 9pts
    2nd 6pts
    3rd 4pts
    4th 3pts
    5th 2pts
    6th 1pt

And there was of course the 'only the xx best results out of xx' which is too convoluted for me to go into here but can be found on this wikipedia page: List of Formula One World Championship points scoring systems - Wikipedia

For 90's & early 00's F1 & 90's FIA GT1:

1st 10pts
    2nd 6pts
    3rd 4pts
    4th 3pts
    5th 2pts
    6th 1pt

For 80's Group C and 90's DTM we also need the following scoring system:

1st 20pts
    2nd 15pts
    3rd 12pts
    4th 10pts
    5th 8pts
    6th 6pts
    7th 4pts
    8th 3pts
    9th 2pts
    10th 1pt

(Le Mans was double points IIRC)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. lsmanley

lsmanley Member

Couple of other things it would be nice to have:

Custom helmet skins and driver suit skins so the talented moders out there can create real helmet designs (especially important for historic F1!)

Ability to change driver names, team names and car names so that when we do historic championships the driver, team and car names are correct.

When creating a custom championship I'd like a higher character count. So I can give the championships their correct titles. For example:

1986 FIA Formula One World Championship
    1989 FIA World Sports-Prototype Championship

Last edited: Sep 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  12. lsmanley

lsmanley Member

It would be nice for the historic weather to go back further than 1979 (we have historic cars going back to 1967 after all)

Also, it's a bit frustrating as my birthday is late 1978 :) And it's my dream that one day you'll add Knockhill (a couple of miles from where I was born) and I'll be able to race a Lotus 79 around there and see what the local weather was like on the day I was born :D

• Agree Agree x 5
  13. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Being able to create our own points system would be neat!

• Agree Agree x 5
  14. lsmanley

lsmanley Member

A couple of other things I'd love to see:

Proper realistic damage (maybe rFactor2 is currently the best at this, for F1 cars anyway, and iRacing has it's new damage model) - this might be the most underdeveloped feature in all sim racing :D Also, realistic looking care failures like all the smoke and fire from engine failures (especially like you used to get in 80's/90's F1) plus smoke from tyre lockups.

A user friendly replays system (something like what iRacing has)

And lots of sparks coming up from under the 80's and early 90's F1 cars!!

Last edited: Sep 13, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 3
  15. KRRTDustin

KRRTDustin Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

As a professional Karting driver I would love to see:
    More Karting tracks like Speedland. A Karting track with a Indoor and Outdoor part which is challenging. Also Speedland needs more pit boxes. I want to have a league race there soon for my league and unfortunately it only has got 14 slots for drivers.
    Thx to everyone at Reiza for their amazing work!

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Andrex

Andrex New Member

I miss in replays the function forward spool by clicking on the timeline. It is aweful to use the normal forward spooling, hearing the high sound of accelerated cars and waiting till the time is there where you want to look.
    Hope you understand what I mean :)
    AC and ACC has the best replay

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Tiago Ribeiro

Tiago Ribeiro You must first finish AMS2 Club Member

I think replays in general deserve some TLC. That would help the game get more exposure with more users getting footage out to the interwebs… my big two wishes:
    • Ability to change replay camera views including positioning (height, distance, FOV) like in iRacing
    • Support for replays on TT and test days, and not just races

18. ZeferinoCoutinho

ZeferinoCoutinho Zef_mirror_man-zefthebestofcour

What about the default Dashboard rev & gear display? Its so poor, small and undetailed!!

Almost ridicoulous.... Is its best description....

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

A few ideas for pit strategies:

1. More available slots: the current limit is really low. I'm constantly having to delete usable strategies to make room for a different one.
    2. Force dry/wet tyre option: because of the variety of try tyres, a "dry strat" made on softs sometimes bugs out on cars that only have Hards/Mediums. I've had quite a few times it bugs out and doesn't change tyre compound.
    3. Fuel quick settings in in game menu: i.e. "Full Tank," "Distance remaining," etc.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

Ability to play again your created Custom Championship from the beginning. Add a reset button or something.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2