1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's a great game, so why leave things unfinished? The strange case of the AJR's LCD

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Sparviero, Sep 11, 2021.

1. Sparviero

Sparviero Member

As the title suggests, I think AMS2 is a great simulator. With the next addons that can expand your content, the better. What I don't understand, however, is why not complete / fix problems that are now very old, but which denote a lack of attention that leaves a sense of incompleteness to the game.

I refer to an emblematic case in my opinion: the LCD screen of the Metalmoro AJR. It is one of the most iconic cars for the Automobilista brand. I'm not Brazilian, but I think a lot of players use or at least try this car for its symbolic value. Seeing an LCD that lacks fundamental parts (the GEAR) and it is not possible to view other parameters as for similar LCDs (eg petrol consumed per lap, tire temperature and brakes) is in my opinion absurd, a year and a half after its release.

Please resolve this minimal but huge lack for those who use this car (as well as similar bug/missing) and which leaves a bad taste in the mouth as it is representative of that sense of incompleteness that is found in different parts.

• Agree Agree x 10
  2. BartZ

BartZ Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree. Great car. Great noise. Unfinished. The cockpit needs fixing

3. Richard Chapman

Richard Chapman Member

Like yourself I love this sim and it has huge potential going forward but there is many annoying bugs and fixes that need fixing. I remember reading one of the dev updates late last year (Nov/Dec?) saying next year (2021) they would be concentrating a lot on fixes and polishing the sim. This sim is still far from polished and to me it’s extremely annoying. But yeh at least we now have real weather data for the last 42 years! Which in itself is a great feature for a racing sim to have but I personally think instead of concentrating a lot of time and development effort on this it could have been used more wisely in bringing this sim up to a highly polished standard which it deserves. Well over 2 years in development and still no option to move the cockpit camera left/right and save each cars cockpit seating position. Yes up/down forward backward’s saves automatically but tilt up/down does not and no left/right option.

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. SuperMonaco_GP

SuperMonaco_GP Active Member

ultima gtr driver position is still wrong on ultrawide since launch, reported so many times without it being fixed that i gave up. sorry but, for me, ams2 still looks like a beta version even after more than a year after launch

5. Richard Chapman

Richard Chapman Member

I understand things take time and even after release Reiza have said it’s a 2 year plan. Which is all good and well and I’m prepared to wait and go along with the ride as I genuinely love the sim. For me it’s a case of priorities and in my personal opinion Reiza have got some of those priorities wrong (not all, some). The points I’ve mentioned above along with full removal of all on screen steering wheels are basics, setting seating position in cockpit view to whatever position you choose then pressing save and never having to change that cockpit view for that particular car again (unless by choice) is a basic that I expect to be sorted. Optimisation of replays and shimmering/shaking of cars when watching through trackside cameras are basics that all other sims seem to do well. In the nicest possible way, “Reiza could you please polish this sim as promised” Thank you!

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Hopefully, all of your priorities come first soon.
    What about mine?:mad:

Oh wait, it's not about me, is it. (?) :p:D

• Like Like x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Richard Chapman

Richard Chapman Member

‘My’ (so called) priorities as I’ve mentioned above are basics and I would imagine a lot of people feel the same way when parting with hard earned cash. Get the basics sorted first or concentrate hard earned efforts on real weather, I know which I’d prioritise. I am a huge fan of the sim and bought into it just after initial 1.0 release and spent £120 on the base game and season pass. I will continue to play this sim and continue to support Reiza going forward, I’m not asking for anything specifically for me, I’m pointing out some of the basic issue’s which need addressing. No it’s not all about me me me, it’s about sorting out basic problems that should of been sorted before initial release. Unlike yourself I’ve commented on this post in relation to the OP’s comments, oh wait does that Reiza backer red sign below your name exempt you from such a thing and give you the right to just troll other people’s comments and opinions. OK!

8. BartZ

BartZ Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I disagree. Some of the issues mentioned here are certainly not one dude's priorities. For example knowing which gear you're in is a priority no matter who's driving. It's basic.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

And what ignition and start when leaving the pits? The buttons for these are bindable but the function does not work, still.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Are you sure? As far as I can remember they both work on all cars I usually race. The car is auto started when you press 'drive' in the pit menu, but if you stall the engine you can actually start it back using the binded button.

Usually when I crash or I just want to return to the pits I stop the car and turn off the engine 'for the sake of immersion'.

11. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, it is the auto start that is the problem, that is probably what I really meant. I have it turned off but it still auto starts in the pits

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Don't forget the F-Trucks!
    No Diesel-smoke, no (onboard) animated driver, no difference between trucks, missing a full field of trucks, no speed trap, and and and.....
    The trucks were so great in AMS1 or Formula-Truck game and I love them in AMS2, but it is sad to drive with them when diesel tank leaks :(

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. SuperMonaco_GP

SuperMonaco_GP Active Member

what about the spotter and pit radio?
    funny how we have volume controls for them in the sound menu but no actual radio.
    ffs even projcars2 had the spotter from launch.

14. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Crew Chief has entirely superseded this functionality so I see no reason for them to spend dev cycles reimplementing it.

• Agree Agree x 8
  15. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Your basics aren't mine,
    This looks a bit like a selfish post. In my opinion, basic does not mean the same as "My priority"

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Forgive me if my post seems a bit harsh but, some threads can turn into a bit of a b!tchfest. I recently had a serious health crisis and have a long slow rehab journey ahead. My patience may be a bit lacking atm. :(

I too, have a massive list of things I'd like to see improved in every sim-title in existence. Things like advanced drive-train physics, consistency and details in audio effects, etc., etc. Dealing with serious health issues for the last year leaves me with both hope for the future and a sense of dread for possibly, having much less time to enjoy the things I love doing.

At the end of the day, such game issues are really minutia, compared to real life issues. Be sure to take care of yourselves, guys. Reality has a way of biting us that brings unbelievable regret for not doing the things we know we should.

If AMS2 doesn't work for us at this point, there's plenty of other options to fill the gaps without whacking Reiza over the head. They have a way of developing titles that works for them.

Anyone that has spent time in AMS1, should have more respect for their abilities than what some here display. I'm certain they are aware of the serious issues and have a longer to-do list than we do. Lets give them the time required to do what they are good at, and solve the problems encountered along the way.

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Richard Chapman

Richard Chapman Member

And your point is? We all have varied opinions of what basics might be but I’m not sure how my valid points can’t be classed as basics for a modern day sim title. I came to this post to comment on the OP’s post and to have a civilised discussion with people about a certain topic. We can all have different opinions, we can all agree or disagree about certain subjects, and we can all have a healthy debate about such things, is that not what this forum is for?! Just because what you might class as basics in a modern day sim are different to mine does not mean mine (or yours) are wrong.

18. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

Some long standing issues are difficult to fix. Sometimes they don't even know the root cause yet. It's unfortunate, but you can't get bogged down trying to fix one thing for months.

That said it's interesting if seat tilt isn't stored with up/down and forward/rearward.

With the AJR LCD it's probably part of the lack of polish in many older content. Have a look at some driver models in VR or by looking around with wide enough FOV. At least Fusca used to have interesting legs. The drivers should be on the task list according to the Q&A.

By the way with the driver models the reason is not that they left it unfinished out of laziness, but they had trouble early on with the tooling for Madness that made them like that. So they just have to go back to them at some point. Meanwhile it's not really game breaking for me even though they do annoy me a bit.

• Like Like x 1
  19. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

The AJR LCD/Gear indication also is btw., it will hopefully be no issue soon(TM) :whistle:

20. Russ sears

Russ sears New Member

I think I have a different set of priorities, but in my opinion, a display of what gear you’re in isn’t important. My priorities are the physics model and anything that effects the realism of the “driving experience”. I don’t have a gear display on my RL race cars, so I don’t miss one in the sim.