FFB meter

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Brent Mills, Oct 11, 2016.

1. Brent Mills

Brent Mills Member

I was reading on a steam review that someone says he has a FFB meter in control options. I don't see it anywhere, do you guys have this working? If not is there any mod app for one?

2. Erick Goldner

Erick Goldner Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Probably talking about the FFB force slider on the Config options.

3. Brent Mills

Brent Mills Member

ok, I do think they add one, it's quite important.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. mister dog

mister dog Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Is there a way to see the FFB in action? I've been looking around on the HUD but haven't found nothing so far just like the OP. Also HUD mods on RD don't seem to offer it.

Would be handy to be able to dial in your FFB and know when you're clipping. Maybe it's there and i should look a bit further, if so please advice, cheers! :)

5. Brent Mills

Brent Mills Member

nope it's definitely not there for default content and haven't seen any app mods. Imo it would be a very welcome addition if someone were to make one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Msportdan

Msportdan Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

can you not feel clipping ffb? Not sure you need a meter.

7. Brent Mills

Brent Mills Member

yeh I can, but nice to know if you hitting the limit just for a few split seconds.

8. mister dog

mister dog Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Indeed you can feel clipping in corners normally, but a meter always comes in handy to give a definite answer if you want to make sure you're not imagining things.

9. Rodent

Rodent Member AMS2 Club Member

Agreed, it's not the end of the world but something I've grown accustomed too from other sims to the point where it's noticeable that it's missing in AMS. Would love to see it added.

• Agree Agree x 5
  10. Spin

Spin Active Member

You can inscrease the MaxForceAtSteeringRack to higher numbers (eg. 6000 instead of 3000, or -6000 instead of -3000). I'm not sure how correct this is because this is apparently a number that cannot be converted to Nm so maybe it's something fundamentally different than Nm but it should still allow more dynamic range for FFB.

I feel my FFB is very non-linear. Driving the F309 at Brasilia short with my OSW and it feels like forces ramp up and then plateau extremely quickly. I don't know if it's a game problem or not. I noticed the same thing with RF2 (also ISI engine). I have to make the RF2 linearity extremely non-linear (according to the game) in order to actually build up forces as I turn the wheel rather than the wheel so quickly going to max force just "a few" degrees from centre and then plateauing there. Maybe it has something to do with the ISI physics engine. I have no idea but it's extremely frustrating having an OSW and feeling like 75% of Automobilista's forces are compressed into the 80-100 % range of my OSW's force (yes, I have minimum force set to 0%).