1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Random image freeze for milliseconds, it's driving me crazy!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Haris1977, Sep 22, 2021.

1. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

Just tried with the new usb settings but, unfortunately with same results (i just had it on imola's last corner, but i m sure it is track independent).

I ve tried everything. Don't know what else to try

2. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

You can see my specs in my signature. I can see it for some time now, i m not sure what changed on my setup. There were some windows updates, i think, or some game update(s), but i m not sure. I use a wired network, no vr, and i have everything connected to a 4port hub (my wheel and pedals, a GI Max display and a button box. I haven't changed anything on my setup, so i do not know what may be the problem here. It seems to be outside of the game though as i had similar issue with rf2

3. IamDom.

IamDom. Member

I can't see your sig on my phone.

Firs thing I'd do is open task manager and go to performance, watch that on a 2nd screen while you're playing and see what spikes everytime you get the lag.

I highly doubt it's usb, feels more like network, ram or GPU capacity.

4. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

I can't use a 2nd screen. Maybe i could run the game in windowed mode and have the task manager open simultaneously, but i doubt if i can see on the same time what is happening on the road and task manager (i do not have a 2nd person either). The funny thing is that the same happens in rf2 too (it is like the flow stops for a fraction of the time and then the game accelerates to catch the next frames). That happens in both games (and always on the first lap of my race, maybe a coincidence though..)

Edit: My rig:

Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6 - 4.2GHz, Mobo MSI A320M PRO-M2, 16 GB DDR4-3000MHz, Inno 3D GeForce RTX 2070 8GB Twin X2, M.2 SSD, 1 TB HDD, Win10 Professional x64, Dell S2721HGF @ 144hz, Gt Omega Art Simulator Cockpit with RS6 seat, Logitech G27 Wheel + Pedals (3DRap.it brake mod) + Gear Shifter with 3DRap.it mod cambio v3.5

Last edited: Sep 23, 2021
  5. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

You can use it to monitor exactly what usb connections / devices are active and may be triggering disruptions within the system. Windows does not always offer details regarding specific devices.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Fizzy

Fizzy Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Turn your phone sideways to landscape view

• Like Like x 1
  7. Fizzy

Have you tried running fewer AI?

8. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

Yes, with same result. I even lowered some graphical settings but it seems it is settings independent

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Sampo

Sampo Member AMS2 Club Member

Does it happen if you add the whole Automobilista 2 game directory to antivirus exceptions?

10. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

You mean in virus and thread protection settings=>manage settings=> exclusions? (i m using the built in antivirus)

Dont think it has nothing to do with it but i will try it

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

In most cases it has spomething to do with the GFX Driver and in game settings.Not the newest driver is the best driver.Also set in game "render frames ahead 1".Try Full HD 1080p on high,particle and shadows at medium.AA set to High.V-sync = yes!
    Hope that helps.I havn't problems with these settings.
    Also do a Ryzan CPU update,you find on the AMD side for latest security!

• Like Like x 1
  12. TomP

TomP Active Member

I also experience game "freezes". It's like time slows down x100 times for 0.5s and then speeds up x100 for 0.5s. In my case it has something to do with collision physics. It occurs mainly when the AI collides with each other or with me and sometimes when AI hits track side object.

It's not hardware/software related because same thing happens in replay (same moment as when driving) so it is definitely some weird physics engine bug in my case.

13. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

Try it with 10 AI for a test.

14. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

As i said before this "freeze" is graphical setting unrelated: it happens even with the lowest settings. Also it is not a stutter (as we know it). I hardly experience stutters (well, except in some specific track parts - like the last corner of Outlon - but that is a game quirk - i am sure). I am on latest gpu driver (but i rolled back to previous ones to check it). Vsync on off, doesnt matter either. Render frames = 1 also. Latest amd chipset too.

It sounds similar to mine's. In me the freeze is instant (for some milliseconds) then the action continues (i can also hear a "buzz" sound, like missing frames or similar)

If someone wants to "test" here is how the freeze happens to me: start a 5 lap quick race (no qual, no practice) with 720 gt3 car, 19 ai, Imola track, starting last (which means in 20th place). Perform 1 full lap. Restart race. Do 1 lap again. Continue with same pattern. It may not happen for 4-5 races in a row (always do a full lap), but (at least for me) it will eventually happen the 6th or 7th time. Fun fact: It always happens somewhere during the 1st lap (don't know if this means smth or not)

It is a little anorthodox way, i know, but for me it always happens, no matter the settings or anything else i have done till now. And yes i do see it in replays also, which means that smth brakes during the race

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. IamDom.

IamDom. Member

But you said it happens in other games, so it's nothing to do with the game or its settings.

Have you reinstalled your gfx driver?

Also make sure windows isn't updating whilst you're playing.

16. IamDom.

IamDom. Member

If it's an engine bug that's software related?

17. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

Yeap it also happened in rf2 too, ams and rf2 are the main games i play, so i m not sure whats going on here:( i ve already reinstalled my (previous) driver, but i dont think it is gpu driver related as it happened with an older driver too. Also it is not about win updating while playing, cause it happens all the time o_O

I tend to think that maybe (?) last win cumulative update(s) (21H1) could messed up things?:(

18. IamDom.

IamDom. Member

It's possible, you can roll back Windows updates using control panel > add remove programs I think its called now.

Have to troubleshoot it mate, the first thing I'd do is task manager performance tab

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. Fizzy

Problems like this are so frustrating.
    Some suggestions:

- Do you run afterburner? If so, try closing that.

- Maybe try rolling back to an older gpu driver. I’ve had recent NV drivers cause issues. 389.12 was always my go to reliable build!

-

• Like Like x 1
  20. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

o_O
    1) No, no afterburner running (even though i guess this could work as a log file also?)

2) I will try the 389.12 version, thanks for the suggestion (have already tried 2-3 versions back, don't remember their names). I do not think it is a gpu driver related issue tbh..

On the other hand i cant go back to previous win version (it wont give me that option). I will also try the task manager app with the game running in windowed mode

Edit: There is no 389.12 v. @Fizzy are y sure bout that version?