1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 September 2021 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Sep 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

This forum has a historic record of not making the end of the month, without going full "South Australia"...

2. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Probably end of the month. Better take a few weeks and release something more polished than rushing and releasing content that may not be ready.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Ochilbaz

Ochilbaz Active Member

I have absolutely no issue with that but I find it strange that Reiza said it could be out for Monza weekend and that was nearly 2 weeks ago. Think that comment was slightly misleading

4. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

To be fair, they said they might have the GP version ready, nothing else. When they missed the date, they probably decided to get the whole "Monza" package out together at the end of the month.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think more optimistic than misleading

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

I wouldn't say misleading, more like overly optimistic.
    They're working on it, I've seen some really interesting posts in the beta forum, I'm sure when the time is right they'll release more info.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

If you give me 40 euro I will send Renato a private message with me begging for Monza. :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

Yeah, strange because we have never seen delays happenign lately. Earlier releases just means more post-release fixes, and more waiting. Im glad Reiza turned to a "It is done when it is done" policy.
    From that perspective it also does not matter if next major Update is end of September or early October if later means less hotfixes needed.

The only date that matters is my sunday evening ;)

9. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

A combination of excitement and impatience usually shortens peoples' fuses in all fairness :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Mr_H

Mr_H New Member

Just purchased this. Very much looking forward to getting into it tonight in VR.
    Would love to see Melbourne Albert Park F1 track!
    Keep up the great work on this game.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2021
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I can highly recommend this (if you don't know it):
    Crew Chief App. It supports a huge variety of racing games (also AMS2), even voice commands and other things. It's a very powerful tool and no simulator in todays times matches its feature palette.
    CrewChief Forums

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 4
  12. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

"Could" means it might happen or it might not. You had hoped it would happen and are disappointed that it didn't, but there was nothing misleading about the comment. As Marlo said in The Wire, "You want it to be one way, but it's that other way". :p

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

A few pre-emptive VR tips:
    • Medium MSAA really cleans up the image from jaggies and shimmer, though not perfect
    • AMS2 doesn't respond to SteamVR SS setting changes in realtime. You have to be in a session to do it in the first place. And then exit and start another session (or even restart the game, I can't remember) to get the new settings active in game.
    • Play with the world movement slider in camera settings if you think the car is moving too much around you, or too little
    • Map cycle camera. It's worth trying the helmet camera. You can switch off the helmet in camera settings and now you have a camera that applies some G-force effects (also a slider in cam settings) with a slightly different feel than the default cockpit camera
    • Map next and previous camera so you can switch between VR trackside cameras (not available at all tracks and layouts) in replay mode.
    • If you use an Oculus headset, SteamVR mode still uses OculusVR in Madness. You won't see fpsVR in game for example. Not sure how stable this fix is, but... (worked for me before my G2): to get around forced OculusVR you can run AMS2 in Win7 mode. Find the AMS2AVX.exe executable, right click to properties and find the compatibility mode dropdown. Switch it to Windows 7.
    • Further performance optimisation: check the FSR thread here on the forum. You can get 10-20% headroom with a similarly clean image when using that new magic technique :)

Last edited: Sep 24, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. Fizzy

Fizzy Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

10 points for Marlo Stanfield reference. Bravo!

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Mr_H

Mr_H New Member

Thanks a bunch for those tips! I will definitely follow this. Cheers.

16. bandqit

bandqit Active Member

In fairness, I feel like this isn’t the first time we’ve been teased with something coming out early, and then it’s turned out to be way too optimistic a forecast and just come out more or less when scheduled anyway. I do NOT have a problem with Reiza’s release schedule, think they’re absolutely brilliant and Steelcast’s recent interview with Renato has endeared me even more/given me further understanding, but… there’s no need to make it harder on yourself by indicating fanciful release dates when none of us would be any less happy if you’d just released it at the end of the month like usual!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  17. Mr_H

Mr_H New Member

Going full South Australia?! What does that mean?

18. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

You've not seen any of the mayhem yet? Look it up, it's escalating by the day...
    This is what happens when people stray from simracing!

19. Mr_H

Mr_H New Member

Hmmm assuming that's the crap in Melbourne at the moment?! This is where I'm from.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

It's not in South Australia. It's really just a few hundred Trump wannabees from Melbourne who probably watch Fox and Newsmax clips on Youtube.
    Just ignore them. :)
    The reality is, Melbourne and Sydney are charging towards 80% vaccination and should be opening up again within the next month.

Oh yeah, and really looking forward to Monza! That artwork at Parabolica (Curva Alboreto) looks absolutely fantastic.

• Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.