1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VRSS: an effective tool at no cost, why not make it available?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Sparviero, Sep 25, 2021.

1. Sparviero

Sparviero Member

VRSS can be implemented manually via Nvidia inspector but only if you are using driver versions prior to v.442.74. Implementation costs nothing in terms of development, it appears to be just the result of a request from the developer to NVIDIA to enable activation. Why not implement it in AMS2? Thanks.

2. TRCB

TRCB Active Member AMS2 Club Member

3. Sparviero

Sparviero Member

Thanks for tip, but it is more a fps gainer for SteamVR user than a good one for Oculus user like me.

4. IamDom.

IamDom. Member

Agree it would make a significant difference for vr users. I'm also a vr player.

However I think the reason they can't enable it is something to do with the age of the games engine.

I think if it made an improvement and it was easy to implement it would be there already.

Unfortunate for us!!

5. Sparviero

Sparviero Member

It is not a problem of age of engine. You can enable VRSS in AMS2 (and PC2) just using NVIDIA inspector but you need an old driver version, becasue since v443 the keys to enable VRSS are not editable via inspector. So, AMS2 is VRSS-ready, but the developer (Reiza) have to ask NVIDIA to put AMS2 in the list (maybe paying some royalties?)