1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pimax 8KX settings

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by LuisB, Sep 26, 2021.

1. LuisB

LuisB New Member

Hello, I am trying to find the appropriate setting for my system, so I can maximize FPS without sacrificing too much speed. I have documented all my settings in the write-up below, with pictures. Perhaps if you have an 8KX you can take a quick look and see if there's any improvement to be made.

Pimax 8KX and Automobilista 2

Thanks much

2. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I have almost same hardware but „only“ Pimax 8k+ HMD.
    Strange, I use the smallest FOV (called „Potato“ in Pi-Tool ;-), not small or normal or large) to get consistent 72 FPS @72hz with full grid and rain/night.
    I have shadows set to high though because at low I find them distracting.
    Maybe that’s a performance killer or my headset eats more performance although it’s lower resolution than 8KX?
    And I use the sharpening trick in ini-file.It would be nice if Reiza would bring patch with support for canted displays so that we don’t need parallel projection in Pi-Tool which is performance killer.
    I also read in this forum that some gained performance with AMD FSR but didn’t try it yet and am not sure if it’s even possible with my Nvidiia card…

3. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I have a Pimax 5k+ and a RTX2070. Small FOV, 100% resolution in SteamVR and PiTool with Smart Smoothing and 120Hz. MSAA at High, Mirrors ON, and my own pit crew detail, but other than that all my graphics settings are at the absolute minimum.

I can usually run the settings higher in single player and especially in Test Day and Time Trial, but in Multiplayer I'm taking no chances and always prefer high FPS over graphics quality… except for aliasing which I try my best to mitigate, especially the 3D-modeled guard rails such as the ones at Snetterton.